Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm not going to condem him because he whiff against Marshawn Lynch. We had D-Lineman do that all night. And maybe you don't recall how Wilson ran circle around this defense last year at home also. Your pointing the finger at ONE player when the problem is much bigger than Aso.

And if you were expecting him to play like Cully, newflash...he's not Cully, DUHHH! Your expecting a second-stringer to perform like a starter. More times than not, that ain't happening. Its a reason they're second-stringers in the first place. Doesn't mean he needs to be cut. Its only week 2. Give these guys some time to gel and get accustomed to the scheme and the guys around them. Its not how you start, its how you finish. Too much football left for you to be calling for guys to be cut. Knee-jerk reaction at its finest.
Except it wasn't just tonight. He did it against the Packers too. And he couldn't cover Nelson to save his life. Expecting a backup corner to play adequate isn't too much to ask. Aso has played like he hasn't even been on the field. It's been night and day. Knee jerk reactions LOL. Bro, we're trying to win the Super Bowl. Stop sleeping. We don't have time to gel or time to put up with the riff raff.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Except it wasn't just tonight. He did it against the Packers too. And he couldn't cover Nelson to save his life. Expecting a backup corner to play adequate isn't too much to ask. Aso has played like he hasn't even been on the field. It's been night and day. Knee jerk reactions LOL. Bro, we're trying to win the Super Bowl. Stop sleeping. We don't have time to gel or time to put up with the riff raff.
You don't win the SB nor lose the SB in week 2....that's your argument? GTFO, you can't be serious. EVERYONE missed tackles against the Packers, not just Aso. And what does the Packers game have to to do with his play tonight, in which he gave up one catch if memory serves me correct? One game has nothing to do with the other. Your reaching worst than Dhalism. Im just going to agree to disagree and move on...
Old 09-16-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't win the SB nor lose the SB in week 2....that's your argument? GTFO, you can't be serious. EVERYONE missed tackles against the Packers, not just Aso. And what does the Packers game have to to do with his play tonight, in which he gave up one catch if memory serves me correct? One game has nothing to do with the other. Your reaching worst than Dhalism. Im just going to agree to disagree and move on...
My point was that not many Super Bowl contenders are spending time geling or making up for inadequate players. They don't have to do that because they should have already done that. And it wasn't just missed tackles in the Packers game. It was letting Nelson rape his ass. And he had missed tackles tonight. I'm focusing on both games. Alright we'll agree to disagree.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Where was the defense on this play?

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where was the defense on this play?

It was out with a concussion.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Difference between our defense and Seattle's is that theirs never gets blown out ROFLcopter.

Oh and the 49ers offense can only work against teams that don't have a good defense. Yet our defense can't stop top quarterbacks from being productive. The hell?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-16-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:14 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Difference between our defense and Seattle's is that theirs never gets blown out ROFLcopter.

Oh and the 49ers offense can only work against teams that don't have a good defense. Yet our defense can't stop top quarterbacks from being productive. The hell?
They were 4-15 on 3rd down(31%). We were 3-12(23%)

They average 4.6 yds per play offensively. We averaged 4.4 yds per play.

Yet the score is a blowout.

So where was the difference?

5 turnovers to 1 (including one on the goal line). 121 penalty yards to 84 (including a holding in the endzone for a safety and several penalties after 3rd down stops that kept drives alive).

Stop posting nonsense. We played a bad game. It happens. Get over it. They've had our number in Seattle twice now. They still haven't beaten us at The Stick, where we can actually run our normal offense with all our 'check with me' calls and audibles/adjustments we do at the line. Which is a big factor with how we dictate match-ups offensively. They can be king for a day. The story hasn't been written yet. A lot of football left to be played and alot ways we can learn from tonight and improve. I'll worry when they secure home-filed advantage throughout. Until then, I'm not overly concerned with this loss. Especially not this early in the season.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the verdict on Vernon Davis?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrible game by our offense. Cant complain about the defense except for penalties and not being able to stop Lynch. I hate that guy.

The real concern is as usual the gameplan and play-calling. Read Option is nothing more than a useless gimmick right now. Kaepernick showed last week that he doesnt need that to be successful and neither does the rest of the offense.

Read Option is like the Wildcat. All hyped for a while but eventually, fades away because in time, it wont work. The coaching staff needs to eliminate the read option sooner rather than later.

Injuries were bad, Williams out for some time with a broken ankle. Davis has a hamstring injury. Reid a concussion and McDonald also injured. Worse injury though to me is Reid. He was playing good as a rookie and replacing Goldson. Shame if he cant play Sunday against the visiting Colts.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

The read-option isn't a gimmick. It works. It just should NEVER be the focal point of the offense when facing that Seattle defense. That's my only problem.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

5 turnovers to 1 (including one on the goal line). 121 penalty yards to 84 (including a holding in the endzone for a safety and several penalties after 3rd down stops that kept drives alive).

Stop posting nonsense. We played a bad game. It happens. Get over it. They've had our number in Seattle twice now. They still haven't beaten us at The Stick, where we can actually run our normal offense with all our 'check with me' calls and audibles/adjustments we do at the line. Which is a big factor with how we dictate match-ups offensively. They can be king for a day. The story hasn't been written yet. A lot of football left to be played and alot ways we can learn from tonight and improve. I'll worry when they secure home-filed advantage throughout. Until then, I'm not overly concerned with this loss. Especially not this early in the season.
Yeah, well said. 2 games in and Ness is already in mid season form. It's times like this I'm glad The Lord gave me the gift of patience. Our D was fine. The O and the game plan was not. Big picture, the injuries were the biggest loss in this game. Gotta hope Vernon doesn't miss a significant amount of time.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Yeah, well said. 2 games in and Ness is already in mid season form. It's times like this I'm glad The Lord gave me the gift of patience. Our D was fine. The O and the game plan was not. Big picture, the injuries were the biggest loss in this game. Gotta hope Vernon doesn't miss a significant amount of time.
I would honestly rest VD for as long as he needs. I like Vance and think he could do well in VD's absence. Plus I wouldnt mind seeing Harper in for a couple packages. And it would force CK to form a rapport with other WRs. Not too worried about Reid. He should be fine, even if he has to sit out the next game. Same with Ray Mac. We're loaded at DE so I wouldn't be too concerned if he had to miss a a couple of games. If I were the Colts, I would be worried. Our guys have to hear about how they got their ass handed to them all week. They should be a pissed bunch come Sunday and play like it.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-16-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
All I ask is that this team not get it's ass kicked and not look disinterested in playing the game they're getting paid millions of dollars for. The team had no heart last night. Is that so much to want as a fan?

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

I thought you said you were done?

Anyways, this is what I'm talking about. The offense has trouble being effective against really good defenses. Penalties, rushing yards, formations, whatever. It just doesn't work.

The 49ers got killed in Seattle again. If they have to go up there for a playoff game they'll lose. And their chances of winning in San Francisco aren't so bad opposed to us winning there. This is why I'm alarmed. This was a statement game. The 49ers had the chance to put the league on notice and they failed miserably.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I said I was done talking about Namdi....

And there are NO statement games in Week 2. That is such failed logic. Just like fans panicked last year after the Giants game and everyone was talking that same "we were exposed" nonsense. There are 14 games left. Nobody is crown SB champion after week 2...NOBODY!

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-16-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All I ask is that this team not get it's ass kicked and not look disinterested in playing the game they're getting paid millions of dollars for. The team had no heart last night. Is that so much to want as a fan?
I didn't notice those things. Seemed like everyone was playing hard to me.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I said I was done talking about Namdi....

And there are NO statement games in Week 2. That is such failed logic. Just like fans panicked last year after the Giants game and everyone was talking that same "we were exposed" nonsense. There are 14 games left. Nobody is crown SB champion after week 2...NOBODY!
Please. There are statement games all the time. In 2011 winning in Philadelphia was a statement game early in the season and that is when folks started to notice. Seattle just beat the **** out of one of the supposed best teams in the NFL. They're the best team in the NFC right now. This isn't about winning the Super Bowl in a week's time, it's about for the moment who is king. Not saying that can't change though.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Please. Eddie DeBartolo would have been furious at that kind of display.

Anyways, I think I'm done venting. It's not so much the losing, just getting your ass kicked with is alarming. Seattle or not.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-16-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because Ness sees what he wants to see or perceive. I don't see anyone, not even Hawks fans questioning whether or not we played hard for 4 quarters. Some fans don't know how to stomach bad losses. You would have thought we just loss the SB or something. Like we've been playing this bad for weeks now and were 1-5. I understand ppl are to entitled to their own opinion and what not but some perspective needs to be reasoned within our fanbase too often. You want REAL heartache and a reason to be pissed the **** off, go be a Jags or a Browns fan for a year. We played two of the best teams in the league and we're 1-1. After these first 5 games, our schedule is pretty much a cakewalk, though nothing is guaranteed. We're in good shape to control our own destiny, despite last night's debacle. I'm not worried in the slightest. Even if we have to go back to The Link in the playoffs. Either we play better or we lose. Its real simple. But one loss isnt going to skew my perspective on this team. I still like this team and its chances.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-16-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Please. There are statement games all the time. In 2011 winning in Philadelphia was a statement game early in the season and that is when folks started to notice. Seattle just beat the **** out of one of the supposed best teams in the NFL. They're the best team in the NFC right now. This isn't about winning the Super Bowl in a week's time, it's about for the moment who is king. Not saying that can't change though.
That's excatly what your saying. NOBODY beats them in Seattle. I wasn't expecting last night to be a win so maybe that's where our outlook differs. We turned the ball over 5 time and they didn't even crack 300 yards of total offense. They were far from dominant. Maybe defensively but we had our opportunities to make it game and couldnt capitalize.

And that Eagles game was not a statement game at all. It was a great come from behind win but I dont t recall anyone saying "oh ****, the Niners have arrived...they're really good now". C'mon son...people were still questioning this team even after we beat the Giants weeks later. Everyone who watches football knows us and the Hawks were two of the elite teams in the league. What statement is there to be made after that? That the Hawks are now #1 in the power rankings after week 2? Good for them. Doesnt mean **** in the long-run though.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
That's excatly what your saying. NOBODY beats them in Seattle. I wasn't expecting last night to be a win so maybe that's where our outlook differs. We turned the ball over 5 time and they didn't even crack 300 yards of total offense. They were far from dominant. Maybe defensively but we had our opportunities to make it game and couldnt capitalize.

And that Eagles game was not a statement game at all. It was a great come from behind win but I dont t recall anyone saying "oh ****, the Niners have arrived...they're really good now". C'mon son...people were still questioning this team even after we beat the Giants weeks later. Everyone who watches football knows us and the Hawks were two of the elite teams in the league. What statement is there to be made after that? That the Hawks are now #1 in the power rankings after week 2? Good for them. Doesnt mean **** in the long-run though.
Really? Because I remember guys like Ted Robinson, Matt Barrows, or Matt Maiocco pointing to that Eagles game as the one where we put the league on notice. And it's true. In year's past we lose that game. The only thing people were questioning moving forward was Alex Smith. And that's the only thing.

As for nobody beating the Seahawks in Seattle, yeah well people said nobody beat the Patriots in December. And we did that last year. If you're a good team you don't rely on ridiculous excuses like that. Like Jim Mora used to say, the good team's don't say woulda, coulda, shoulda, they get it done.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-16-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Because Ness sees what he wants to see or perceive. I don't see anyone, not even Hawks fans questioning whether or not we played hard for 4 quarters. Some fans don't know how to stomach bad losses. You would have thought we just loss the SB or something. Like we've been playing this bad for weeks now and were 1-5. I understand ppl are to entitled to their own opinion and what not but some perspective needs to be reasoned within our fanbase too often. You want REAL heartache and a reason to be pissed the **** off, go be a Jags or a Browns fan for a year. We played two of the best teams in the league and we're 1-1. After these first 5 games, our schedule is pretty much a cakewalk, though nothing is guaranteed. We're in good shape to control our own destiny, despite last night's debacle. I'm not worried in the slightest. Even if we have to go back to The Link in the playoffs. Either we play better or we lose. Its real simple. But one loss isnt going to skew my perspective on this team. I still like this team and its chances.
I just tell it like it is. You call that seeing what I want to see, I could say the same thing about you making up ideas in your head about what's reality or not. You just said you would be worried if the Seahawks got homefield advantage in the playoffs. Now you aren't concerned. Okay.

And I expect nothing, but the best from my team. If that makes me a spoiled fan I don't care. Bill Walsh and Eddie DeBartolo were the same way. I guess they were assholes too. If I remember correctly those 49ers teams in the 1980's had like only one game where they really got their asses kicked and that was the 1986 game against the Giants that was 49-3 or something like that. Every other game they at least looked they had a chance to win. With the way San Francisco's offense was playing last night they had no chance.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Anyways, I'm done with arguing. I'm going to probably watch the game once more to get a better perspective. Perhaps my opinion will change. It's one thing to watch a game before not knowing you'll get your ass kicked and it's different watching it after knowing you've already gotten your ass kicked. We'll see.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ian Williams out for the year.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please. There are statement games all the time.
My favorite statement game is when the Philadelphia Eagles beat the 49ers

40-8 in week 5 1994, making us 3-2. Seifert pulled Steve Young. Young flipped out. It looked like the end of the world.

We won the Super Bowl.