Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just last year we lost 42-13 and 26-3 to the Giants and Seahawks. The SB champion Ravens lost by 30 points to the Texans on the road. Etc etc.

The outcome sucked and we clearly have matchup issues with Seattle (especially at their stadium) but lets all take a deep breath and relax.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a week 2 loss is not a big deal. how kap and boys respond will be the thing i watch for.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
My favorite statement game is when the Philadelphia Eagles beat the 49ers

40-8 in week 5 1994, making us 3-2. Seifert pulled Steve Young. Young flipped out. It looked like the end of the world.

We won the Super Bowl.
Yup. The problem is that we don't have Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Ricky Watters, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald, or Deion Sanders.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
a week 2 loss is not a big deal. how kap and boys respond will be the thing i watch for.
That's kinda how I feel about Punahou beating Kamehameha. ;)
Old 09-16-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yup. The problem is that we don't have Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Ricky Watters, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald, or Deion Sanders.
This group of scrubs has done pretty well for themselves the past couple of seasons. I think they'll figure it out.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think what will help us is getting healthy. Not just talking about Reid, McDonald, and Davis. But Manningham, Crabtree, Wright (as a slot CB), James, and perhaps Carradine and Dial (we'll need him at NT now that Williams is out). We're actually pretty banged up.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's kinda how I feel about Punahou beating Kamehameha. ;)
or how kahuku came out here to Utah and got katooshed by East lol

Old 09-16-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

funniest quote of the night for me. i was watching the game with friends at a bar in provo, utah (yeah i know). we were seated next to a group of hipsters in seattle gear. on one of marshawn lynch's runs one of them goes: "Dude Marshall Lynch is sooooo good and hes only been in the league like 2 years. He came from Miami (the U)".

Old 09-16-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A team with all the talent you just listed lost 40-8?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I think what will help us is getting healthy. Not just talking about Reid, McDonald, and Davis. But Manningham, Crabtree, Wright (as a slot CB), James, and perhaps Carradine and Dial (we'll need him at NT now that Williams is out). We're actually pretty banged up.
Well they were missing Browner, Clemons, and Harvin. Its pretty much a wash as far as injuries go.

The problem is Alex Smith is no longer our QB. That's not a dig at CK but for all of Alex's shortcomings, he had the perfect style to beat a Carroll defense. Short-passing, working the check-downs and moving the chains. Couple that with the power run and play-action off of that and we could just churn out first downs and sustain drives against them.

CK major weakness is his inability to be efficient in the short-passing game. He's always looking deep, in the middle of the field. That secondary WANTS you to throw in the middle of the field. The bait you into it, so they can react and pounce. Like they did on the goaline. You have to take the short stuff, keep the chains moving and frustrate their secondary with that dink 'n' dunk style. That's not really CK. He wants chunks of yards. He has to learn you can't beat them the same way you beat everyone else. Its a different animal. He and JH/Roman/Chryst/Morton and whoever else has input into concepts and gameplaning have to realize what we WERE doing against Seattle that was successful and get back to it. The read-option/shotgun concepts are NOT getting it done.

CK just played a awful game too. He missed open guys all night. Missed a WIDE OPEN Kyle Williams on a slant for a TD when he thew that int on the goaline. Looked directly at him and didn't pull the trigger. Missed a WIDE OPEN Patton for another TD when we kicked the FG. If he's the franchise, he's going to have to learn to deal with pressure and that enviroment up there. So far, he's 0-2 hasn't been close to being effective in either contest.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-17-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
A team with all the talent you just listed lost 40-8?
Yup. And if I had to chose a squad which to rebound from and go the distance I'm taking them as opposed to ours.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup. And if I had to chose a squad which to rebound from and go the distance I'm taking them as opposed to ours.
Those guys aren't coming back, Ness. You are declaring the season officially over after two games? I'm not worried about week 2. I'm worried about the playoffs. We'll see who is left standing at the end of the year.

I so hope to see Harbaugh pat Sherman's bottom after beating them in San Francisco. That would be great.

Anyways, I'm done in this thread. Bring on the Colts!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Those guys aren't coming back, Ness. You are declaring the season officially over after two games? I'm not worried about week 2. I'm worried about the playoffs. We'll see who is left standing at the end of the year.

I so hope to see Harbaugh pat Sherman's bottom after beating them in San Francisco. That would be great.

Anyways, I'm done in this thread. Bring on the Colts!
I'm not done with the season absolutely not. I know this team is better than that. I'm just comparing this team to the 1994 49ers.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One last thing about the game as far as where I think the coaches dropped the ball. I would have activated Baldwin for this game. If its any game where a 6'4, 230 lbs WR might be needed, it would be against that secondary. I understand Moore is ahead of him on the depth chart but with as much press-man as Seattle plays, I would have liked to see Baldwin get some snaps and see if his build and athleticism could help against that secondary. On to the Colts....
Old 09-17-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
or how kahuku came out here to Utah and got katooshed by East lol
That's cause Punahou recruited all your good guys.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
One last thing about the game as far as where I think the coaches dropped the ball. I would have activated Baldwin for this game. If its any game where a 6'4, 230 lbs WR might be needed, it would be against that secondary. I understand Moore is ahead of him on the depth chart but with as much press-man as Seattle plays, I would have liked to see Baldwin get some snaps and see if his build and athleticism could help against that secondary. On to the Colts....
If Owen Marecic sees the field before Jon Baldwin then I might start questioning some things.