Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
MrSmith88
Rookie

MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default We must keep Sam Shields!!

Sam is on the last year of his contract and needs to stay in Green Bay. It was obvious in the pre-season we lack overall speed on the team, especially in the secondary where players like Hyde, House, and Hayward are known for their lack of speed. Hayward was able to cover some of that up by never really being tried deep one on one with a deep threat, usually covering a slow, possession receiver. Shields is the only CB where people are like "wow he's fast". Not to mention he's great pressing as well and was awesome against AJ Green, the best WR in the AFC. With the NFL evolving in to where every team has that one guy that's "dangerous in space" Shields need's to be our guy that limit's them or things will get ugly.
MrSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to NFLDC, bro.

I'm with you on this. Shields is a very talented player at a position we do not have much top end talent at. I think Hayward is our best CB, but Shields is right there with him, and might have a higher ceiling. It might cost an arm and a leg, but I think TT should try like hell to keep Shields.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed.... Teddy tried to sign him this off-season, but Sam's agent was smart and didn't settle for a year-early discount.

Teddy would still be smart to sign Shields.

This league is becoming more and more of a passing league and finding corners who can cover as well as Sam can is not easy.

He will replace Traymon after next year IMO.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:50 AM    (permalink
MrSmith88
Rookie

MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MrSmith88 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Welcome to NFLDC, bro.

I'm with you on this. Shields is a very talented player at a position we do not have much top end talent at. I think Hayward is our best CB, but Shields is right there with him, and might have a higher ceiling. It might cost an arm and a leg, but I think TT should try like hell to keep Shields.
Yes. TOP END TALENT. I totally agree with you on that, we have great depth a few good #3's like Hyde and House. Tramon (because of age and declining talent) and Hayward (lack of speed) are stuck at #2's while Shields is our best CB and has the most upside to be our true lockdown shadow corner. Id love for us to take a mid round draft pick on a pure athlete at CB this will add speed in the secondary and maybe push Bush at the gunner position??
MrSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Shields and I hope he's a Packer for a long time. I thought he was our best CB last year, and I definitely feel the same this season. It's crazy that we got him as an UDFA. I think that he'd have probably been a top-20 pick if he had played CB the entire time he was at Miami.

Pay the man.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote