Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-11-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 2: Redskins at Packers

Let's start discussing this matchup!

Our home opener, so that helps, but we could be going in with a lot of injuries. Heyward, Burnett, Sitton and Finley could all miss this game.

RG3 came out rusty last week and didn't look the same as a runner but he did get sharper as the game progressed. They really like to use the run game to set up their passing game and how we stopped the run in week 1 bodes well. I did think we reacted poorly to play action against the 49ers, though, so hopefully we get some nice run stops early and those linebackers and safeties don't bite as hard on the play action.

There is definitely some holes in that secondary that we can go after and their run D was dreadful against the Eagles. I would expect us to come out firing and have Rodgers attack their slot corners and Rambo through the air. I'd be shocked if we didn't get a few big plays here. I think they really want to see Cobb matched up on Rambo, who has had trouble tackling in the open field. They have to feel like if they can get the ball to Cobb with a corner underneath and Rambo pursuing from over the top as a final level defender, he'll score. Or if they can get Jones or Nelson on Wilson 1v1 they'll take that all day long.

For matchups I'd go..
GB RBs < Redskins Front Seven
GB Oline < Redskins Dline
GB WRs >>> Redskins DBacks
Redskin RBs < Packers Front Seven
Redskins OLine = Packers DLine
Redskins WRs < Packers DBacks

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the OL can play anything like they did last week I like our chances. If Sitton has to sit and Newhouse goes in at RT with his usual El Matador impression I'll be a little concerned. Still think Rodgers should be able to exploit that secondary. EJ Biggers is their nickel and he's awful.

If the DL stuffs up the run again the defense should be able to get some TOs. RGIII is dangerous but his supporting cast is not nearly as good.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. The DL doing so well vs the Niners imposing OL vs the run really has me encouraged about how the unit will be throughout the season

Burnett returning to practice today(albeit in limited fashion) is a good sign. If he can go I'll really like their chances.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rainy and cool forecast for the game tomorrow. I want to see the team come out and establish the running attack. The Redskins defense got completely wore out on Monday night and if the Packers can't get them to respect the rushing attack then it could create problems.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like back to back weeks without a run game now that Lacy is likely out with a concussion

Easy flag on Meriweather that doesn't get called
Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dropoff from Lacy to Starks is a bit shocking. This has to be James last season in Green Bay.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Pack not even bothering to run and Skins DL is just teeing off on the OL

Would love to see Franklin in there and get a screen game going but GB just doesn't do that under McCarthy
Old 09-15-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

ok gotta give it up to Starks there. That was badass. Took another cheap hit from Meriweather and Meriweather knocks HIMSELF out
Old 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I wish our DBs were allowed to grab guys like that. At least Jordy got his leap back.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Starks stepping up!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

yes, this looks more like the Starks from the SB run. Not sure who the guy wearing 44 has been for the last couple of seasons.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Starks has been gashing them on screens.

Officials apparently feeling sorry for Skins DBs at this point.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

damn, that sucked there. Hopefully the D doesn't allow the SKins to get a TD to start the 3rd. Could be a 14 point swing there
Old 09-15-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

yeah a TD there could have really been demoralizing for the Skins. I they can come out and get a TD of their own it could be a big momentum shift.

Why does our OL always start off so slow? Since that drive where they gave up back to back sacks to Kerrigan they have been pretty solid. Always seems like they look awful early before setting in. Some might call it Favre-syndrome.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Good to see Mulumba getting some snaps on defense. He seemed to be very active on ST today. Could use the depth.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good game. Hopefully Lacy is cleared for next week. Nobody else looked seriously hurt. Jolly must have had a stinger and Datone Jones looks like he may have been concussed
Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Obviously the Skins don't have weapons like SF does, but I don't recall seeing too many completely uncontested catches/free running receivers. Usually there was at least a DB in the vicinity and they tackled pretty well.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Shields is really good. Can't wait for Casey Hayward to get back.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
The dropoff from Lacy to Starks is a bit shocking. This has to be James last season in Green Bay.
I guess that's why we're all fans, and the coaches coach.

Who knew that Starks was finally healthy, and that he'd see a few holes out there.
He showed some good vision for quick 1-cutbacks.

Lucky ass win for Da Bears today.

Merriweather should be fined and suspended.
This guy uses his helmet as a weapon as much as anyone in the NFL these days.
How is it guys like him keep going on, while good guys like Nick Collins have careers end?

Karma ultimately got Merriweather though!

I love how Starks looks right back at him when he knew he delivered payback for Eddie.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
looks like back to back weeks without a run game now that Lacy is likely out with a concussion
Quote:
LOL ;)

Starks played well today...But it would have been fun to see what Lacy could have done.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from the game and it was a good day to be at Lambeau. James Starks did a great job filling in for Lacy and the offensive line was able to generate holes for him to run through. The Skins secondary has no answer for our passing attack and RGIII without the threat of running is half the quarterback he was last year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 09-15-2013 at 04:32 PM.
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
LOL ;)

Starks played well today...But it would have been fun to see what Lacy could have done.
Starks making me eat crow
Old 09-15-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers Slaughter Native Americans?

http://packersinsider.com/2013/09/st...-the-redskins/
Old 09-15-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I posted that after the first couple of series that Starks replaced Lacy and it was pretty apparent. He found his groove after that though so I'll have to eat some crow as well.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I posted that after the first couple of series that Starks replaced Lacy and it was pretty apparent. He found his groove after that though so I'll have to eat some crow as well.
Me too as I had him cut before Alex Green......
But we're happy to eat crow like this.

BTW, I keep thinking back to the 2011 Draft when the Vikings reached way high on Christian Ponder..... could have had Kaepernick.