Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade will pay big dividends for the Colts, unquestionably.
Colt fans will love this trade...... there isn't any doubt about it, unless the ACL curse hits T-Rich Project.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Colt fans will love this trade...... there isn't any doubt about it
, unless the ACL curse hits T-Rich Project.
Based on what?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's fair at all to bring up his YPC last year and not mention he played with cracked ribs. I mean come on, he is a RB after all and contact happens on every snap whether you block or run, and you mean to tell me that multiple cracked ribs wouldn't effect his effectiveness? I don't think any RB would be able to produce like normal in that situation.

If he has another year below 4 this year then I'll buy in, but to me it seems pointless to talk about his YPC as a stand alone fact without putting it into context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm trading a first rounder for a current NFL RB, I expect that player to be a dominant pro bowl/All-Pro type player.
Indy made that trade on Richardson's scouting report coming out of Alabama, not what he's shown so far in the NFL.
If his name was Trent Smith from NE Poughkeepsie U., the Colts don't make this trade.

Some of you still believe Richardson has the upside to be a dominant RB, I see a guy who at best is going to be solid to 'good'. For instance I don't think he comes close to Edgerrin James' production in Indy.

In the rookie salary cap era, I guess a pick is really just a pick.
10 years ago the third overall pick was virtually untradeable unless he was a superstar because of the guaranteed money.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Colt fans will love this trade...... there isn't any doubt about it, unless the ACL curse hits T-Rich Project.
Bradshaw is better, how many times do I have to say this? Why do only like 5 people listen to me? Bradshaw is more agile, sheds more tacklers, is more powerful and is a smarter runner. He's not as good at piling up receptions like Richardson, and he struggles to stay healthy...but he's still a lot better. This was an unneeded move on their part.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If I'm trading a first rounder for a current NFL RB, I expect that player to be a dominant pro bowl/All-Pro type player.
Indy made that trade on Richardson's scouting report coming out of Alabama, not what he's shown so far in the NFL.
If his name was Trent Smith from NE Poughkeepsie U., the Colts don't make this trade.

Some of you still believe Richardson has the upside to be a dominant RB, I see a guy who at best is going to be solid to 'good'. For instance I don't think he comes close to Edgerrin James' production in Indy.

In the rookie salary cap era, I guess a pick is really just a pick.
10 years ago the third overall pick was virtually untradeable unless he was a superstar because of the guaranteed money.
well hes only in his second year, so his scouting report coming out of Bama is still very much applicable. And like you said, his contract is nothing that bad b/c of the new rookie salary structure. And the Colts will probably end up with a pick somewhere b/w 15-25, so for them to trade that for a guy who the no. 3 pick just a year ago is a great deal. Especially when you consider they lost their starting HB for the year and were somewhat desperate for some help. This trade could make the difference for them this year.

And I dont see what Richardson has done in his 1 year in the league that should be taken as a negative. He played through broken ribs last year and played on an offense that was incredibly unimaginative and had defenses stacking the box to stop him. He still rushed for nearly 1000 yards, scored 12 touchdowns, and showed he is a major threat catching balls out of the backfield. I see him as a rising star, and I expect him to blossom in Indy with Luck preventing defenses from stacking the box.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bradshaw is better, how many times do I have to say this? Why do only like 5 people listen to me? Bradshaw is more agile, sheds more tacklers, is more powerful and is a smarter runner. He's not as good at piling up receptions like Richardson, and he struggles to stay healthy...but he's still a lot better. This was an unneeded move on their part.
TRich is probably a little better, but I get your point.

However, this move isn't just for this year and Bradshaw NEVER stays healthy. It's tough to trade a first round pick for a guy who probably isn't that much better than your starter, but now they are deep at the position, and Bradshaw's always a huge injury risk. Plus, this move is for the coming years not just this year.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

However, this move isn't just for this year and Bradshaw NEVER stays healthy. It's tough to trade a first round pick for a guy who probably isn't that much better than your starter, but now they are deep at the position, and Bradshaw's always a huge injury risk. Plus, this move is for the coming years not just this year.
T-Rich hasn't missed games but he has hardly been healthy as everyone likes to point out his ribs last year and I believe missed all of preseason this year.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

Thank you. Bradshaw is good but he is super injury prone. This is a long term deal. Maybe the are comparable on the field but Bradshaw isn't on the field that much. There is a reason he got a 1 year 1 mil deal. Bradshaw isn't even healthy now. This is a long term solution while Bradshaw is a stopgap at best.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In truth, TR didn't have cracked ribs. It was a rib ligament tear and it happened without contact. It was a bizarre type injury and rumored to still not be 100%. He also missed OTAs and half of training camp with what was reported as a shin injury. Now add the two knee scopes he's had since exiting Bama.
I'm not saying I won't miss seeing him this Sunday but it's not hard to see how the FO figured the risk/reward on him was not in their favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
But he isn't Trent Smith from NE Poughkeepsie U. He's only played in seventeen games, it only makes sense to still consider his collegiate career and draft scouting report when deciding whether or not to add him to your team.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at anyone saying Bradshaw is better. He is such a great back that nobody wanted to sign him for most of the offseason and the Colts were able to sign him to a cheap 1-year deal. We all know HB shelf lives are short, and Bradshaw may be near the end of his. Richardson is in his second year. And hes better than Bradshaw now as well. In terms of big-play ability, its not even close, and Richardson runs with just as much power as Bradshaw.

The only real reason I can justify the trade from CLE point of view, is that they feel he is too much of an injury risk and is never gonna get 100% so they cut their losses and got a 1st rounder back for him.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
lol at anyone saying Bradshaw is better. He is such a great back that nobody wanted to sign him for most of the offseason and the Colts were able to sign him to a cheap 1-year deal.
C'mon. He was considered damaged goods.(still perhaps) Position devalued. That wasn't a slight on his talent.

Quote:
In terms of big-play ability, its not even close
I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well hes only in his second year, so his scouting report coming out of Bama is still very much applicable. And like you said, his contract is nothing that bad b/c of the new rookie salary structure. And the Colts will probably end up with a pick somewhere b/w 15-25, so for them to trade that for a guy who the no. 3 pick just a year ago is a great deal. Especially when you consider they lost their starting HB for the year and were somewhat desperate for some help. This trade could make the difference for them this year.

And I dont see what Richardson has done in his 1 year in the league that should be taken as a negative. He played through broken ribs last year and played on an offense that was incredibly unimaginative and had defenses stacking the box to stop him. He still rushed for nearly 1000 yards, scored 12 touchdowns, and showed he is a major threat catching balls out of the backfield. I see him as a rising star, and I expect him to blossom in Indy with Luck preventing defenses from stacking the box.
Stop saying that he's facing stacked boxes. I've already posted the snap counts showing that he faced fewer stacked boxes than the league average.

Just saying it over and over doesn't make it true.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel like reading right now, has this been browns bashing for the most part?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 09-21-2013 at 06:09 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I don't feel like reading right now, has this been browns bashing for the most part?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Although the Browns lack a running game now, their 2 1st Round selections are not a bad consolation prize if they can snatch Hundley & Lee or Watkins. Just the thought of a new QB WR tandem to build on in the future is not as bad as it seems.
Not all bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Stop saying that he's facing stacked boxes. I've already posted the snap counts showing that he faced fewer stacked boxes than the league average.

Just saying it over and over doesn't make it true.
Just imagine how many stacked boxes he's faced though.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Leonsandcastle
Rookie

Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And hes better than Bradshaw now as well. In terms of big-play ability, its not even close, and Richardson runs with just as much power as Bradshaw.
You must be referring to the 2 rushes out of 298 attempts Trent's had of 20 yards or more . Trent's running style of hitting the hole then lowering his head and using his head a battering ram just isn't going to work anymore with the rule changes. He has mediocre speed, poor agility, and terrible field vision.
Leonsandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonsandcastle View Post
You must be referring to the 2 rushes out of 298 attempts Trent's had of 20 yards or more . Trent's running style of hitting the hole then lowering his head and using his head a battering ram just isn't going to work anymore with the rule changes. He has mediocre speed, poor agility, and terrible field vision.

I'm beginning to wonder about Trent's vision too.
At "Bama, running behind that mammoth 5 star Oline would make any RB look special.

SO far in the pros Richardson isn't exactly the most instinctive runner in the game.

The Browns saw something in Trent, or rather, didn't, and were all too willing to let him go.

It'll be very interesting to see how his career continues in Indy.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonsandcastle View Post
Agreed. Trent Richardson is Cedric Benson.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent passes the eye test to me *shrugs* he never looks ordinary when you watch him play, his cuts are explosive, he catches the ball well, does well in short yardage, is a great pass blocker, etc. He never looks like just a guy to me.

And again, I don't really see why it's so fair that we are going to judge this guy primarily on rookie year film when he was banged up with numerous injuries? I think it was impressive to even play, and be productive knowing all those things.

I figured everyone here knew there are usually circumstances to YPC instead of just using it as a crutch. I don't see anyone talking about Darren McFadden having a 3.3 YPC last year, and that's because we know he was a terrible fit in that offense and he's not as bad as that YPC indicates, but since Trent has only played one season all we do is harp on it as if he's somehow not capable to do any better.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bradshaw is better, how many times do I have to say this? Why do only like 5 people listen to me?
How is Bradshaw better?
The fact that Richardson was the consensus highest rated RB in last year's draft and was considered a rare top-10 worthy RB.
There wasn't anyone who had Doug Martin, Davis Wilson, anyone else in that class rated higher than Richardson, and that was just last year.

This year, Bradshaw was let go by the Giants, and anyone could have had him. The Colts took him though, so trust their judgment or not, they still are the ones who just traded their #1 pick for Richardson. There are many reasons for that.

You can continue to believe that Ahmad Bradshaw is better though. Don't let facts get in the way of it......
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
In truth, TR didn't have cracked ribs. It was a rib ligament tear and it happened without contact. It was a bizarre type injury and rumored to still not be 100%. He also missed OTAs and half of training camp with what was reported as a shin injury. Now add the two knee scopes he's had since exiting Bama.
I'm not saying I won't miss seeing him this Sunday but it's not hard to see how the FO figured the risk/reward on him was not in their favor.
This is a very interesting post and I know nothing about medicine. Is this rib injury injury better or worse than cracked ribs? Or is it neither better nor worse, just different?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Agreed. Trent Richardson is Cedric Benson.
Cedric Benson had negative field vision. If there was a hole he would run into the back of the oline....if there wasnt a hole he would run into the back of an oline. If he was returning a kick and there wasnt an olineman on the field he would still run into the back of an olineman. If by chance he was playing QB he would throw the ball and then run into the back of an olineman.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Cedric Benson had negative field vision. If there was a hole he would run into the back of the oline....if there wasnt a hole he would run into the back of an oline. If he was returning a kick and there wasnt an olineman on the field he would still run into the back of an olineman. If by chance he was playing QB he would throw the ball and then run into the back of an olineman.
This made me laugh pretty hard.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote