Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux tigers View Post
You dont know what kind of hands Carter had for sure. He never attended LSU football spring practice and played behind Skyler, Bowe, Buster, and Douct. possibly 3 1st rounders right there.
The way I see it is that if he was good enough he would've played. Bennie Brazell managed to see the field, why not Carter? Because he couldn't catch would be my best guess, but I'm not really sure.

Regardless, the man is incredibly fast. I saw him turn a 5 yard slant pass against Mississippi State where there were three guys in front of him into a touchdown in a matter of steps.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was surprised xavier carter played at LSU as long as he did anyway, he was always a track star, and that speed made him a good football player....

i know a few track stars/football players and most go track routes for obvious reasons, heres a name some might know or remember...

dabryan blanton...came out of forney, attended OU...left football alone to sign a track contract with nike...now he makes 6 figures for just training, and running track meets in nike apparel, no physical contact, and its something that comes natural without the worry of injury so much....

dont know too many that turn that down...he ran a 10.07 in the 100, set the state record for the 100 and 200 meter, and he had the 7th fastest time in the entire country as a senior in the 100 meter, WOW....

he's probably right up there with carter, although his football career never took off, he's enjoying life as a pro track star now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Trindon Holliday just ran a 10.08 in one of his outdoor meets.

He is steadilly improving each and every run. Last season he had an ankle injury so this is first year at 100% and learning from those great coaches at LSU.

Oh I forgot to say he lead the nation in the 60 meter event.

Last edited by 504 to ATL : 05-27-2007 at 12:48 AM.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Holliday just ran a 10.07, this right before nationals.

He is peaking at the right time, he is going to be electric on the football field since there are many more designed plays his way.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
Holliday just ran a 10.07, this right before nationals.

He is peaking at the right time, he is going to be electric on the football field since there are many more designed plays his way.

Holliday just ran a 10.02 100m in the NCAA champisonship meet. several consecutive 10.0x 100m.
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well discussion over. Holliday is the fastest player in college football, you know this year anway...

Last edited by constant cough : 06-07-2007 at 09:34 AM.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can't wait to see some screens thrown his way. Especially with the way Doucet blocks..
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Xavier Carter even though he didnt really play... if you get recrutied practice.. then switch to pro track.. like wow you technically were on the team..

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:10 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys may not know who he is but I believe the fastest could be Chris Williams out of New Mexico State. The kid is only 5'9 160 pounds so all he does is run fade routes because he is way too little to go over the middle.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VYTitans View Post
I would have to say that the fastest ever definitly had to be Bo Jackson, if he had just dedicated himself to the game of football he would have broken so many records...
I agree with you but very few others do.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Ted Ginn Jr. were all great players known for amazing speed. Jackson was probably both the best player and the fastest of that group though.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LEROY_FROM_YONDER

with pads on....mcfadden is pretty fast check the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ
Old 07-01-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's fast but look at the 5.26 mark

Trindon Holiday says hi.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=97zhdHpH-_o
Old 07-01-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
reese

ted ginn was pretty fast
Old 07-01-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desean Jackson graduated from and participated in one of the greatest and most prestigious Track schools.. Long Beach Poly. Most teams bring individual athletes to the State meets, but they bring the whole team each year and always have at least 6 people in the Finals. DeSean had/has DUMBA** speed. If I remember right he ran a 10.2 in the 100m at State

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Trindon Holiday runs a 4.27 so if anyone knows anyone who currently runs faster than that.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:14 AM    (permalink
big daddy russ
Rookie

big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.

There are different types of speed, so it depends on which type you're talking about. Xavier Carter may have had the fastest top end ever, but that doesn't mean he ran the fastest 40 of all time. The 40 measures acceleration as much as top end.

I went to HS with a guy who went on to run track at a D-I school here in Texas. His events were the 200 and 400. Got second in state in the 200 his senior year, fourth (I believe) in the 400. If I remember correctly, he ran somewhere in the 21's in the 200.

That's blazing.

But the fastest 40 he ever posted was in the low-4.4's at a football camp. We had another guy on our football team who broke into the 4.3's at the same camp, but couldn't touch Chris on the track.

As far as top 40's, I know Joey Galloway, Darrell Green, Bo Jackson, and Randal Williams have all broken below the 4.2 mark at the combine. At the same time, though, these were all hand-timed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VYTitans View Post
I would have to say that the fastest ever definitly had to be Bo Jackson, if he had just dedicated himself to the game of football he would have broken so many records...
I'm a huge Bo fan. I wish I could've donated my hip just to see what he would've wound up doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwich7 View Post
devin hester, deion sanders, and DeAngelo Hall are all very fast but i can't disagree with X, he has some burners, he doesn't need football, he will be in the olympics one day
Believe it or not, Reggie McNeal (former Texas A&M QB, current Bengals WR/KR/etc) ran a faster 40 than Hester. McNeal ran a 4.3 at the combine, but ran a 4.28 in front of NFL scouts at TAMU's pro day a year earlier.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Hester ran a 4.27 at Miami. And McNeal ran a 4.40 at the combine, not a 4.3.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
big daddy russ
Rookie

big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.big daddy russ is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
And Hester ran a 4.27 at Miami. And McNeal ran a 4.40 at the combine, not a 4.3.
My bad. I thought he ran a 4.3 even, but I was wrong. He ran a 4.35, the third-fastest (at least from what I had heard... I may be wrong on that one) 40 in the 2006 draft class.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9269912
Old 07-13-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I don't know if Bo was the fastest, but I gotta say it is damn amazing to see someone 240+ moving that quick.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4iIwb_Y3Tyw

on a side note, that steve smith highlight at the beginning, was probably the sickest return ive ever seen...it beat that devin hester highlight by alot...

but with bo jackson being 220+ lbs, and running a 4.18 at the NFL combine, not a pro day, im gonna say he was the fastest college player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 07-13-2007 at 04:03 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote