Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-07-2013, 06:15 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 5 Mock

I'm going to try my hand at a mock draft. It's super early but I'm going off of current records for the order. I'm trying to fit together needs that I've observed and read about to players that I like and that I think fit what the team is trying to do. Obviously it won't be perfect, but constructive criticism is welcome. Hope you like for your team.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brett Hundley QB UCLA
I figured I'd go off the beaten path. The pick will probably be Bridgewater but Hundley's size, athleticism and potential will be real tempting at the top of round 1.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
Schiano decided Freeman wasn't the answer, Glennon won't be the answer, and the Bucs will decide Schiano isn't either. New coach will start over with Bridgewater.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Barr LB UCLA
I doubt the Steelers will actually wind up with the 3rd pick, but right now that's the way its looking. If so, despite other needs they'll gladly scoop up Barr to pair opposite Jarvis Jones.

4. New York Giants - Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
See the Steelers. If the G-Men do wind up picking 4th, they'll be ecstatic to have Clowney fall in their laps.

5. St. Louis Rams f/ Washington - Khalil Mack LB Buffalo
Mack truck is driving through St. Louis. I think Rams fans will be excited to see this athletic playmaker wearing the horns on defense.

6. Carolina Panthers - Bradley Roby CB Ohio St.
I toyed with Lee here but I like Roby better.

7. Minnesota Vikings - Stephon Tuitt DT Notre Dame
Vikes begin rebuilding their defensive line with this stud Irishman. Tuitt may be a little down thus far but his size, athleticism and playmaking ability remind me of Watt.

8. New York Jets - Marqise Lee WR Southern California
Will Rex Ryan make this pick? Despite the knee injury Lee will look good in green Jetting down the field.

9. San Diego Chargers - Jake Matthews T Texas A&M
Matthews is the best tackle of the bunch this year and will make an excellent bookend to Fluker. Bolts have some work to do though, so don't be surprised to see them look elsewhere.

10. Philadelphia Eagles - C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
The Eagles already have some talented linebackers but Mosley's athleticism and experience in their 34 defense will be attractive to them. I also thought defensive line would be a possibility.

11. Oakland Raiders - Louis Nix DT Notre Dame
Nix will bring the Raiders to the next level on defense. They can focus on offense from here on out.

12. Buffalo Bills - Cyrus Kouandjio T Alabama
The Bills have a pretty talented roster from what I saw but their prize QB is getting banged up. Best player available is Kouandjio who instantly upgrades one of their tackle spots.

13. St. Louis Rams - Taylor Lewan T Michigan
The Rams took Mack first and now add Lewan to the line, hoping to finally solve their tackle woes. Lewan stepped up big time against Clowney and is just as impressive as the previous two tackles taken.

14. Houston Texans - Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
Schaub's inability to win in the playoffs and his struggles this year will lead to his demise in Houston, but they don't have the answer on the roster. Mariota will be a good fit in Kubiak's offense, though he is definitely a work in progress.

15. Dallas Cowboys - Ra'Shede Hageman DT Minnesota
Boys need playmakers upfront defensively especially as Ware is getting long in the tooth. Hageman is an athletic playmaker and will fit in in Big D.

16. Atlanta Falcons - Cyril Richardson G Baylor
The obvious pick here is a tight end, but with their weapons at receiver their primary focus should be continuing to build that wall in front of Ryan. Richardson is big, physical and versatile and could plug in at either guard or right tackle.

17. Green Bay Packers - Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
Ebron rises to the top of the tight end crop with the off field issues of the other top tight ends. The Packers have had inconsistent play and injuries from Jermichael Finley and Ebron is an athletic replacement to open up the seams.

18. Cleveland Browns - Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
Watkins slide ends in Cleveland where he will plug in opposite Josh Gordon. Whether he catches passes from Weeden, Hoyer or unknown is...unknown.

19. Arizona Cardinals - Antonio Richardson T Tennessee
Cardinals offensive line should be set between Tiny and Cooper. Fitzgerald and Floyd are still exciting on the outside, but who is the long-term answer at quarterback?

20. Baltimore Ravens - Adrian Hubbard LB Alabama
The Ravens actually look pretty depleted to me, and though they just took some linebackers last year I think they'll look for a future pass rusher. Hubbard edges Van Noy to me, but whoever Newsome picks here will likely be a stud.

21. Miami Dolphins - Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida
Miami's roster surprised me, more talent and depth then I thought. Their corners are underwhelming though, Purifoy will continue his development in Miami.

22. Detroit Lions - Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
The Lions have been building on defense and on the offensive line for years, but finding the bookend to Megatron has eluded them. Matthews is the best senior wideout this year and a good complement to Calvin Johnson.

23. Chicago Bears - Antone Exum DB Virginia Tech
The Bears proved to be willing to make risky picks in round one last year and they will cement that reputation here. Personally I think Exum moves to safety at the next level but no reason not to see if he can be the future at corner.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Will Sutton DT Arizona St.
Undersized but explosive, Sutton adds depth and playmaking ability to the Bengals front. Considered going with a linebacker but I don't want to copy off of Scott too too much.

25. Tennessee Titans - Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
ASJ could really go just about anywhere but I think he stops falling in Tennessee. Locker will really begin to blossom having this fellow Husky to throw too.

26. San Francisco 49ers - Jackson Jeffcoat LB Texas
The Niners defense looks more human without the threat of Aldon Smith off the edge. Jeffcoat is an explosive edge rusher and the eventual tandem of Smith-Jeffcoat will be feared league wide.

27. New England Patriots - DaQuan Jones DT Penn St.
Jones coming out party lands him at the tail end of round one in New England. The Pats are a far cry defensively from the Super Bowl days and a Tom Brady injury away from total obscurity. This roster needs lots of help and Jones helps shore up the defensive front.

28. Cleveland Browns f/ Indianapolis - Zach Metternberger QB LSU
Browns pull the trigger on another quarterback but I think Mett has a greater ceiling than Weeden if only by virtue of his age. He comes into a good spot in that he doesn't have to start immediately.

29. Seattle Seahawks - Gabe Jackson G Mississippi St.
The Seahawks don't need much so they grab some offensive line insurance for the future. Beast Mode and Russell Wilson will enjoy having this road grader paving the way.

30. Kansas City Chiefs - Robert Herron WR Wyoming
I doubt Kansas City plays to the AFC Championship game but I wouldn't hate it if they did. The Chiefs could be in a position to pick best player available but I think Herron is an Andy Reid type receiver who can really help stretch the field. The Chiefs don't have much at receiver and Herron's tape is impressive. A little small for my liking.

31. New Orleans Saints - Kyle Van Noy LB Brigham Young
Saints pick from the Latter-Day Saint school for this pass rusher. Van Noy can bring consistent pressure off the edge and help the surprising Saints defense rise to the next level.

32. Denver Broncos - Jason Verrett CB Texas Christian
I'll punch a kitten if the Donkeys win the Super Bowl but I'm not sure who can stop them right now. Verrett is undersized but is quick and tough and should be able to cover the slot effectively.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah.......
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT is not even on the list of things the Bengals need. LB, S, CB, DE, WR or QB would have been better positions to go with.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I'm going to try my hand at a mock draft. It's super early but I'm going off of current records for the order. I'm trying to fit together needs that I've observed and read about to players that I like and that I think fit what the team is trying to do. Obviously it won't be perfect, but constructive criticism is welcome. Hope you like for your team.

10. Philadelphia Eagles - C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
The Eagles already have some talented linebackers but Mosley's athleticism and experience in their 34 defense will be attractive to them. I also thought defensive line would be a possibility.
The Mosley pick adds strength to the second level but it does not address the bigger problem, which is the lack of production from our secondary. We badly need CB/S upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point it's a miracle if Roby is a top 10 pick unless he bounces back to 2012 form. He's been brutal this year in coverage.

I like the Mettenberger pick. Seems like he could shoot up boards if he keeps it up.
I love the idea of sitting him behind Hoyer for a year, though nowadays rookie QBs get thrown into the fire in almost every situation just because the demand for immediate results at the QB position is so intensified.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the KC pick, so yay.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Barr, but would want Clowney in that situation.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OLB is a really bad pick for the Ravens. Right now they have Dumervil, Upshaw, and Simon locked up for multiple years and with how Suggs sis looking now that he's healthy I bet he's going to get an extension (both to keep him around and lower his cap number for next season). ILB would only make sense if they don't retain Daryl Smith, and I doubt they'd take one that high anyways. The whole front seven is pretty set actually and I'd only see them taking a guy who plays there if he was far ad away the best player available. WR, S, OL, and CB are looking like the main needs.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saints have won all the superbowls theyve ever played against peyton manning.

but seriously, if the saints pick 31 and have the option of van noy and varrett id rage if the pick wasnt one of those two, awesome pick

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?
I think he should be in there although i think Ed Reynolds of Stanford is the best safety out there. Johnny Manziel should be in there too.

For the purpose of this mock Jackson Jeffcoat can get dropped out of the first round.

For Seattle i would think G is one area they're pretty well off with. Maybe an OT or some depth in the secondary in case they lose anyone in free agency down the road. I've mocked Jared Abbrederis to them, Wilson's old buddy from his Badger days.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets can use an offensive weapon but Lee as of now isn't worth a top ten pick. If NYJ picks that high, its because Austin Howard did not do well at RT and he's on a contract year.....give Jets Matthews if they can't deal down for OT hungry teams.

Not awful and I won't be mad....I just think that's a bit of a reach. You trade down to the 12-15 spot....now we're talking.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 10-07-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?
Thought about throwing him in and probably he ends up going round 1 but the suspension turned me off.

I appreciate the thoughts, everyone. I'll try to include them on the next one.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
saints have won all the superbowls theyve ever played against peyton manning.

but seriously, if the saints pick 31 and have the option of van noy and varrett id rage if the pick wasnt one of those two, awesome pick
Haha I was just throwing teams up according to their records, didn't give much thought to playoffs or the Super Bowl. I'd gladly switch the Saints and the Broncos if that's what happened this year.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think he should be in there although i think Ed Reynolds of Stanford is the best safety out there. Johnny Manziel should be in there too.

For the purpose of this mock Jackson Jeffcoat can get dropped out of the first round.

For Seattle i would think G is one area they're pretty well off with. Maybe an OT or some depth in the secondary in case they lose anyone in free agency down the road. I've mocked Jared Abbrederis to them, Wilson's old buddy from his Badger days.
I just don't see Manziel with his lack of size and obvious maturity issues cracking the 1st round. If he stays another year or two and grows up a little maybe someone will think they can grab the next Russell Wilson, but they'll be disappointed.

I think Jeffcoat's bloodlines and athleticism might sneak him into the tail end of round 1, but more likely the top of round 2.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TMS3434
Rookie

TMS3434 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Panthers would be better off taking Matthews. CB and other spots are a need, but a franchise LT would be best.
TMS3434 is offline   Reply With Quote