Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 3: Colts at 49ers

Well, that was a ****** week. First we get our asses kicked in Settle, Ian Williams is lost for the season, Vernon Davis pulls a hamstring, Eric Reid suffers a concussion, and off the field Aldon Smith gets a DUI.

A win against the Colts would definitely help get us out of the shithole it feels like we're in only two weeks into the season. At least I feel that way. We have a short week after this game going to St.Louis too. I'm guessing we win this game, but I'm anxious to see more than anything if we can run the ball like we used to (remember those days?) and if our secondary can hold up against Andrew Luck. I have confidence we'll stop Trent Richardson even without Ian Williams at nose tackle. Aldon Smith has a long ways to go before redeeming his image. A good performance tomorrow is a nice way to start. Kaepernick was on the injury report with a foot injury. Apparently it's nothing serious, but we'll see if he looks more like he did in week 1, or like he did up in Seattle, or perhaps a mixed bag. Anyways, GO NINERS!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be a tough game against the Colts. We do need to get back to the run game. It was stupid to go away from against Seattle but what ever. I just hope we can hold out for a play birth now. Darn Injuries. ugh .
Old 09-21-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that Perrish Cox raped someone and Aldon Smith shot a guy.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Don't forget that Perrish Cox raped someone and Aldon Smith shot a guy.
Yup. Because exaggerating the truth is oh so funny around here.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so how many starters will be out for Sunday?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
so how many starters will be out for Sunday?
Michael Crabtree and Ian Williams, of course. Other than that...

Old 09-22-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, forgot to tell you guys that yesterday I was preparing a Borat special gameday thread for this week. I took Friday off and woke up and decided to put one together to help rehab my brain after last weeks loss. I was about 3/4ths done and my laptop trackpad shot the cursor to the X button and I accidentally closed the browser. Lost it all. It was devastating.

I was pretty proud of it up to that point too. The beginning was all about how I couldn't understand how we had only played 1 game (Packers) and yet our record was 1-1. I came to the conclusion that Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones had used the flashy thingy from "Men in Black" and erased all our memories from last Sunday. I decided that Roger Goodell accidentally hitting the "skip week" button on his Madden25 season was too far-fetched. Such a bummer.

I was too distraught to try and re-create it so maybe I'll do another one again sometime.

Go Chiefs.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Damn. I would have loved another Borat game day thread.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^ Me too.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Borat is such a tease lol...

I'm honestly in a ho-hum mood for this one. Aldon playing really doesn't sit well with me. It just sends a bad message to not only HIM but the rest of the team that if your a big enough superstar, you can't **** up and its ok, we'll coddle you and let the big bad NFL discipline you. For all of Jim Harbaugh's talk about "we must be above reproach, at every turn", this looks very hypocritical. Of course I'm going to watch, it is football Sunday. But I think the organization dropped the ball on this one and I'm just not as giddy as I usually would to see my Niners play a good team, which in turn should be a good game.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to PFT, Aldon could be checking into rehab as early as this week. I wish they would deactivate him for today's game and start Lemonier. Give Lemonier a chance against an average Colts OL.

Either way, its football day, I have my orange juice, heroes and nfl sunday ticket so im good to go. Packers @ Bengals and then, Colts @ 49ers baby!!!

P.S. - Let's go Cowboys, Jaguars (yeah right) and Saints.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Borat is such a tease lol...

I'm honestly in a ho-hum mood for this one. Aldon playing really doesn't sit well with me. It just sends a bad message to not only HIM but the rest of the team that if your a big enough superstar, you can't **** up and its ok, we'll coddle you and let the big bad NFL discipline you. For all of Jim Harbaugh's talk about "we must be above reproach, at every turn", this looks very hypocritical. Of course I'm going to watch, it is football Sunday. But I think the organization dropped the ball on this one and I'm just not as giddy as I usually would to see my Niners play a good team, which in turn should be a good game.
It would be against the CBA for the team to suspend Aldon Smith. They could deactivate him but face strong push-back from the PA.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It would be against the CBA for the team to suspend Aldon Smith. They could deactivate him but face strong push-back from the PA.
I understand what your saying but whether you deactivate him or whatever, a message needs to be sent. And its better ways to do that just to say well we'll play him and see what happens.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

And the defense starts the game by rolling out the red carpet to the endzone for the Colts.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Three and out by the 49ers on their first series punctuated by horrible playcalling by Roman on third down. Won't be surprised if the the Colts march right back down the field for another touchdown.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Okay it looks like the 49ers offense woke the **** up. I'm happy we scored and more happy that we've run the ball, but we haven't scored any points on our opening drive in forever. Can't keep starting games with three and outs. The offense is too talented.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I understand what your saying but whether you deactivate him or whatever, a message needs to be sent. And its better ways to do that just to say well we'll play him and see what happens.
What did you have in mind? Harbaugh stated there would be consequences. Do you have an example of what a team has done?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we're 1-2 and have looked like a 3-13 team the last 2 weeks, have a short week coming up, have to fly halfway across the country, play a team that kaepernick has been terrible against so far in his NFL career, and we could be playing a number of games without patrick willis, vernon davis, aldon smith (rehab) and nnamdi asomugha, not to mention 14 players on IR/NFI/PUP.

Is it time to panic?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Kaepernick is looking like 2010 Michael Vick when he played a few games and had that magical run. Sure we don't have Michael Crabtree, Vernon Davis, or Mario Manningham out there but good quarterbacks can still hit receivers. And the "the receivers aren't getting opening" rhetoric is overblown. Kaepernick is just playing scared and not delivering. Oh and Roman needs to be fired immediately.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I think the read option needs to be eliminated. Its not working anymore and Kaepernick showed against the Packers that he doesnt need the gimmick in order to pass good. Harbaugh needs to dump the read option and get with Roman and get back to a more traditional offense. To me, they're being stubborn trying to force it and its not working anymore.

The running game started out great in the first quarter and then died. I was seeing more of Hunter than I was Gore and I cant figure out why. Gore did good in the first quarter yet the team gives up on him?

Aldon Smith has clearly become a distraction and personally, if I could get some team to give up a first rounder, I would say goodbye to him and let him be some other team's distraction. Maybe, that would be the thing that wakes him up. As for pass rushers go, I would go after Bengals DE Michael Johnson in FA next year who while a few years older is still a good pass rusher. As far as I know, Johnson has been good on and off the field. He may be slightly expensive but considering that Aldon would have to be paid this coming off-season, I dont see much of a difference.

WR wise, we need another playmaker. Granted, he's not doing much in Miami but we need a Wallace type WR who spread out the defense. Without Davis, we have no one who can even remotely do that.

We also need a pure shutdown corner who can play both sides of the field. Hopefully, there will be one available in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

I would say that if we lose to the Rams, our season is close to done. Granted, it would only be three losses but two of them inside the division and the way our play calling has been, I dont think that we would be able to bounce back.

Two weeks ago, I was ultra hyped and excited. Funny how things can change in a flash.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Aldon Smith suspended indefinitely. Awesome.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Hmmm.....if that's the case, why Harbaugh didnt deactivate Aldon and let Lemonier play today is beyond me?
Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the $&#% happened to our run D?! Our tackling?! Our consistency in the running game and dominant D-Line?! Our good game-planning?! Our coaching staff's halftime adjustments in close games?! The team's discipline and composure to keep pushing for the win in close games?!

Who the $%&@ IS this team?! I can't find a silver lining to this game. I really can't. I expected so much more from this team at home this week. They played like they were over-matched with little heart. Sickening.

Softer schedule coming up over the next month+ so not time to fully panic but there are many things with the team that are concerning at this point. I hope they can pull themselves together to beat a Rams team that they struggled against last year and then use the extra time before the week 5 game to iron out the offense scheme.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Not a suspension for Aldon. He voluntarily left for an indefinite leave of absence.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I can tell its going to get real negative around here so I'm going to say my peace take a break from the these forums for a few...

CK isn't really the problem. Has he played great 2 weeks in a row? Absolutely not. He's hearing footsteps and bailing too quickly in some instances. Sometimes he merely just needs to step up and buy himself and his WRs one extra second and things will come open. And eveything out of his hands is a fastball. Needs to anticipate routes better and take something off those throws and throw on-time. Too often he's late with a throw and because he is late, he's trying to compensate by firing a bullet into a tight window.

But this offense and its personnel isn't helping him. It wasn't Roman this week because I like the calls for the most part. But Roman isn't in charge of the passing game. Morton and Chryst scheme the pass. And I've been harping on this since last year....our passing concepts/route design is VERY college-like and rudimentary. A lot of 'ghost' routes or routes being run to get other routes open waaaaaaay too often. Not enough outlet routes against press-coverage. And just bizzare route combos, where every route is breaking to the same area of the field.

Then there's the personnel. With no VD, defenses have nothing to fear. There's no speed on the outside. No big, atheltic-type to bring safties toward the boundaries. So defense just press the outside, clog the middle of the field with a little spy-zone concept to contain CK's running lanes and pin their ears back. That's the blueprint and it won't change until someone on the outside steps up. If you can't make defenses pay against press-coverage, you WILL NOT move the ball in the NFL. And right now we have NO ONE who can consistently get off the line and force defenses to respect them. If Baldwin isn't activated next week, someone needs to be put on notice on the offensive staff. Rumor is the Browns are shopping Josh Gordon. Baalke needs to be the first in line. CK hasn't played great but he needs help on the outside. MAJOR help. Boldin looked great against Green Bay because we saw a lot of zone. We won't see too much zone the rest of the year. Either guys step up and VD gets healthy real quick or we look ahead to 2014.

But my biggest issue with this team so far, is the defense. This defense is a shell of its former self. The inability to stop the run is alarming. The missed assignments in coverage are surprising. But the penalties and missed tackles are unacceptable. We used to be the best tackling defense in the league...what happened? Rogers can't cover the slot anymore. Its obvious. Anytime you let a statue like Reggie Wayne repeatedly seperate and create space, there is a problem. The pass-rush isn't getting there enough and we're going zone a little too much, which to me, says that Fangio doesnt beleive his CBs can hold up in man coverage. Willis hurt. Aldon about to check into rehab...gut check time for this defense.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-22-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Closed Thread