Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spot on as usual, buddy.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense just sucks. I don't know why our linebackers are playing so terrible. The corners I can understand, but the front seven has been so average.

If the 49ers don't at least show a pulse against the Rams, I'm calling it a season. I don't even care if they win the game. Just show that you can be a competent offense. Is that so much to ask for?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has already fallen.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had the ball 23 mins against the Seahawks last week and 23 mins today vs the Colts. I'm not as down on the D as much as some of you are.

The O, on the other hand... That's what is bothering me. We need the playmakers back on the field, as some of you have said. Vernon was a big loss for today, no doubt.

I also don't understand what happened to the run game today. After that 91 yard drive, that ended in our only TD, I thought we could realistically run for 200 yards today. Frank looked like the Frank of past years on a couple of those runs.

So frustrating.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDITED: I don't really need to explain to you why this post was deleted.

Last edited by Borat : 09-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Borat laying down the hammer.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
We had the ball 23 mins against the Seahawks last week and 23 mins today vs the Colts. I'm not as down on the D as much as some of you are.

The O, on the other hand... That's what is bothering me. We need the playmakers back on the field, as some of you have said. Vernon was a big loss for today, no doubt.

I also don't understand what happened to the run game today. After that 91 yard drive, that ended in our only TD, I thought we could realistically run for 200 yards today. Frank looked like the Frank of past years on a couple of those runs.

So frustrating.
Yeah it's like we can't score points anymore. And I don't know why we get away from the run so quickly. Roman needs to get his head on straight.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of wish McDonald and Patton would have stood out more as receivers....only Boldin is showing up and this was a prime opportunity, against a questionable defense. But what are you going to do.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

To hell with what I said earlier. Come hell or high water Thursday I'm not giving up on the season just yet. Gotta remain positive.

Apparently Gore had some "choice words" with Harbaugh towards the end of the game walking off the field. The team is starting to self implode. We need this win against the Rams. If we find success early with the run I hope we actually stay with it this time. And Roman needs to stop getting so exotic with what we're trying to do. Time to go smash mouth and just pound the rock. Just like what we did with Alex Smith.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the team is really missing Dashon Goldson right now. He brought the energy every game, and he really set the tone for the defense. No one has really filled his role.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I think the team is really missing Dashon Goldson right now. He brought the energy every game, and he really set the tone for the defense. No one has really filled his role.
Eric Reid has done pretty well in the secondary in place of Goldson. As a matter of fact, he's probably the only one in the secondary I'm not too concerned about.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't know where even start with this game. what the heck went wrong? I swear our play calling just hit the fan..

One series was the one play before half. You had just about 1:15 on the clock. The colts where 4th and 1, they hurry up and then call a time out by running the clock down. What the **** were you thinking san fran? call a time out . try for a score before half time. Jeez wtf happen. I was so pissed at half time. Do teams not even care what happens under a minute / or close it these days in the NFL. Just terrible effort by the team today. we're on the hot seat if we lose against the Rams if we do the season is over. Congrats Seattle.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Yeah I don't know why we didn't call a timeout before halftime. That was stupid.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor game all around. They're not committed to the run any more. The result: quick offensive possessions and a worn out defense. Got pushed around in the second half for the second straight week.

And please, never run Dixon on a ouside run. Thats just foolish.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Poor game all around. They're not committed to the run any more. The result: quick offensive possessions and a worn out defense. Got pushed around in the second half for the second straight week.

And please, never run Dixon on a ouside run. Thats just foolish.
Hahaha I'm going to make a gif of that.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 04:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Sad. What the **** is wrong with Greg Roman? It's like he lacks common sense.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In his defense, that play looks like it might get some decent yardage if Celek even slows Werner down.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

I don't even know where to start...poor pass protection? no run game?...eric reid is the only guy out of the corners/safetys that is playing well...I don't get it...SMH
Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts were in great position and crashed it as soon as they saw it.

Pass it back across the field to the QB would of worked.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is calling for Roman's head. This may be the year that he actually gets a HC job somewhere else, ironically.

Without any deep or play-making threats on offense, the opposing defensive can play up in the box, protect against the read option and gamble with blitzes in running holes and on obvious passing downs. Kap needs some help and receivers that can get a step or at least demonstrate that they'd win a jump ball so he can throw to them with some confidence. Boldin is great at what he does but he's essentially a one trick pony and after a big week 1, NFL Defenses watch tape and make adjustments week to week. Seattle and Indy dared someone else to beat us and nobody stepped up. I've been off the 'get rid of Kyle Williams' wagon but he looked worthless yesterday. I love Patton's potential but he looked like a rookie. Celek must be showing the coaches more in practice as with VD out, he got more looks than Vance who is more athletically gifted and talented. Not having LMJ as a speed option for screens, work in the slot, etc. also makes this offense more limited and predictable. With the rumors of CLE cleaning house and a team making a 'strong offer' on Josh Gordon, I have to wonder if it's the Niners trying to get Kap some help at WR. I though they'd have enough fire power to wait on Manningham and Crabs to return but it's become obvious that isn't the case.

One thing that can help this team on many levels with their current issues is to just control the time of possession. That alone will keep the run game more consistent, help gain momentum and open up opportunities in the passing game and keep the defense off the field in hopes they'll play better than average and not get worn down and bowled over in the second half.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-23-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
What did you have in mind? Harbaugh stated there would be consequences. Do you have an example of what a team has done?
What I don't understand is playing Aldon, only to have him take a "indefinite leave of absence" from the team, right after the game. What was the point? So they didn't have to pay him to do nothing? York's excuse was ********. Why couldn't he have check into rehab Friday or Saturday? Now you have a short week to get ready for the Rams and you could have used the Colts game to get Skuta and Lemonier some actually game reps. Now they'll be pressed into action, on a short week. And I'm pretty sure everyone on the staff knew Aldon would be gone right after the game so I again ask, what was the point in playing him? I think for the first time, Harbaalke dropped the ball. They could have handled it much better from my perspective. Nothing was gained by him playing other than him having to earn a game check.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Without any deep or play-making threats on offense, the opposing defensive can play up in the box, protect against the read option and gamble with blitzes in running holes and on obvious passing downs.
This is what scares me the most...

For several years this was the complaint, and the overall feeling was that the best way to fix that was to change the QB.

The reason t scares me is because I don't think it was an issue that the QB could fix. I don't think it's a problem just the WRs can fix. Or a problem just game-planning can fix.

It has to be all three.

Last edited by phlysac : 09-23-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Josh Gordon was apparently on the trading block, at least before Sunday. Any interest in him for a 1st?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
In his defense, that play looks like it might get some decent yardage if Celek even slows Werner down.
That play never had a chance with Big Fat Dixon running it.

Roman would rather make it look pretty than just go with what works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Closed Thread