Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mannion Up

Sean Mannion | QB | Oregon State

He needs a thread. I'm thoroughly impressed. 4 games in it looks like he's taken his game to a new level. Is it too much of a stretch for me to say he's on par with Teddy as a passer? Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Scott Wright : 09-21-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Sean Mannion | QB | Oregon State
Is it too much of a stretch for me to say he's on par with Teddy as a passer? Better?
I looked up a couple of 2013 games, and I would say "yes."
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna wait to see him do it all year. His issues last year were consistency through out the full season. 7 INTs vs the likes of Washington and Washington St. are inexcusible.

We'll see how the rest of the year goes, but hes off to a good start. Better competition will be a deciding factor.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come join the bandwagon I've been on since last year!!!! He is the whole offense and he has been playing out of his mind.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had trouble last year beating out his competition at QB at Oregon St. and that raised a few flags for me. He'll need a great full college season before I rate him among the top college prospects, but he is worth keeping an eye on.

Throwing up great stats early in the season when most top Div1 schools play mediocre teams just doesn't do it for me, let's see how he plays against the elite teams in his conference before jumping on any bandwagon.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His best traits so far this season are:

1. Willingness to take shots downfield and throw to covered receivers.
2. Willingness to hang in the pocket and take some hits.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

School record 6TDs and all the talk goes to his WR? ...actually Cooks is a beast.

Watched his full game for second straight week and while not as impressive as vs SDSU, he still makes big time NFL throws and is limiting his mistakes. His lone pick in the last one was on target and off his guy's hands into the DB's.

WSU, Cal then the real test starts with Stanford, USC, ASU, Washington and Oregon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched his Utah tape and I'm pretty impressed. I think he has better touch on his deep ball than Bridgewater but to me that's Bridgewater's biggest flaw. They have similar arm strength but I give Bridgewater the edge on placement for short and intermediate throws. Mannion is impressive there though. Athleticism and decision making both go to Bridgewater pretty handily though.

The consistency concerns are legit and it was even apparent throughout this game. I was ready to mention how much I liked his toughness in stepping up in the pocket and taking hits but at the end of the game he stopped doing that and started throwing off his back foot instead of stepping into his throws.

Overall I'm really intrigued but I need to see him play against the big PAC-12 teams.
fredder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has pretty good tools, but let's hold off on declaring him worthy of #1 overall--which is the logical follow up to the statement he is better than Bridgewater. Even Beaver radio hosts don't believe that.

The guy needs to show a lot more over an extended period of time to deserve 1st or 2nd day hype.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he did say passer not quarterback so I assumed he just meant based on arm talent. I don't quite agree but he's not that far behind. Bridgewater has an edge in pretty much every other category though
fredder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bear in mind that OSU has no running game to balance the offense out at all. He has a good WR corp but to be putting up those numbers when teams know you are going to be throwing the ball is ridiculous.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote