Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 09-23-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official Rams 2014 Thread

Well, after an optimistic start with a win against the Cardinals, things have looked rather bleak the last two weeks.

Hopefully the coaching staff makes some corrections and has this team ready to play against the 49ers this Thursday, but talk about a butt-whoopin' yesterday.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Well, after an optimistic start with a win against the Cardinals, things have looked rather bleak the last two weeks.

Hopefully the coaching staff makes some corrections and has this team ready to play against the 49ers this Thursday, but talk about a butt-whoopin' yesterday.
Any thoughts to the Cowboys game this weekend? We got some talking in the Cowboys thread. You guys can feel free to chime in there or talk about it here.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:47 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Any thoughts to the Cowboys game this weekend? We got some talking in the Cowboys thread. You guys can feel free to chime in there or talk about it here.
The Rams appear to be just the medicine the doctor ordered for any team in need of a confidence-inspiring win. At this point, I think Jacksonville is going to give the Rams a run for their money next weekend.

Dallas did a great job running to the perimeter and away from Michael Brockers. If the Rams have any semblance of run defense, it starts with Brockers plugging the inside. But obviously the D-line hasn't been playing up to expectations, just like the rest of the team, because everyone's been able to run on the Rams.

The regression in all areas of play from last year has been pretty disturbing. Sam Bradford is starting to resemble Marc Bulger. Between these 'backs and the line, there is no offensive running game. The secondary is falling apart. And it doesn't sound like Jeff Fisher has any answers. He's as surprised as fans are.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Great game by Tavon this weekend!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great game by Tavon this weekend!
Was about dang time!!!

Looking at the draft currently we hold the 6th and 12th overall picks. I think my top 5 players on the big board for me would be...

1. Jake Matthews OT
2. Jadeveon Clowney DE
3. Taylor Lewan OT
4. CJ Mosley LB
5. Cyrus Kouandjio OT

Can you tell what i want the Rams to address? lol
Old 11-19-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok doin it, I don't care!

1. Taylor Lewan LT, Michigan
1. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix S, Alabama
2. Dominque Easley DT, Florida
3. Hroniss Grasu C, Oregon
4. AJ McCarron QB, Alabama
5. EJ Gaines CB, Missouri
6. Christian Kirksey OLB, Iowa
7. Jay Prosch FB, Auburn
Old 11-20-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Ok doin it, I don't care!

1. Taylor Lewan LT, Michigan
1. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix S, Alabama
2. Dominque Easley DT, Florida
3. Hroniss Grasu C, Oregon
4. AJ McCarron QB, Alabama
5. EJ Gaines CB, Missouri
6. Christian Kirksey OLB, Iowa
7. Jay Prosch FB, Auburn
holt bruce81,

Well call it a wild guess or something but I get the strong feeling you are wanting the Rams to go Offensive Tackle in the first round.

Am I wrong here?

Assuming that I am correct in my assumption I am not sure why you feel this way. Jake Long is signed for the next 4 years or so and Joe Barksdale is doing a reasonable job on the right also. Sure we are going to lose the Human M.A.S.H Unit - Rodger Saffold, but he has already been beaten out for the Right Tackle job is now playing right guard of all things.

I'm just not on board with taking an Offensive Tackle in the top 10 of this draft if all he is going to do is play Right Tackle; especially when we already have a young guy like Barksdale who may have more upside and get better.

Having said all that I would be, quite honestly, tempted to take a Jake Matthews should he somehow fall to us, but that would primarily be a value pick and, at this point I just don't see that happening.

P.S. It is never too early to talk about the draft, is it??
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Long has been playing well, but can you completely trust him over the next three seasons with his injury history?

Having a guy like Matthews or Lewan - whom IMO you don't pass on due to the presence of Joe Barksdale - would immediately upgrade your play at RT while providing a long-term answer for the left side, either when Long's contract runs out or when he becomes injured.

Barksdale would make an excellent swing tackle for depth, or you could even try shifting him inside to guard (as the Rams are trying with Saffold) to see if you could solve two problems with one pick.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Long has been playing well, but can you completely trust him over the next three seasons with his injury history?

Having a guy like Matthews or Lewan - whom IMO you don't pass on due to the presence of Joe Barksdale - would immediately upgrade your play at RT while providing a long-term answer for the left side, either when Long's contract runs out or when he becomes injured.

Barksdale would make an excellent swing tackle for depth, or you could even try shifting him inside to guard (as the Rams are trying with Saffold) to see if you could solve two problems with one pick.
These are my thoughts exactly. And Matthews would be my first choice, I just think he won't be there.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 11-23-2013 at 09:24 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:57 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Man it looks like we found our RBs boys. Zac Stacy looks like one hell of a player, makes you wonder where he was the first four weeks of the season. And Cunningham looks like a solid #2. And yes I know it was against a struggling Chicago defense so I wont get to excited yet with Cunningham. But with Stacy, he's done it for seven weeks now, He's a ******* stud.

Thinking about the offseason for a bit, i would hate to cause more holes on the offensive line but to me Harvey Dahl has to be released, he isnt the same player we signed a few seasons ago. And i would seriously think about releasing or restructuring Cortland Finnigan's contract.

5-6 right now, i say we have to finish 4-1 to have a small chance at sneaking into the playoffs, the thing that sucks is our schedule is brutal.

@ San Fransisco
@ Arizona
VS New Orleans
VS Tampa Bay
@ Seattle

That's probably the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL. If we somehow go 3-1 in the next 4 and are playing at Seattle for a playoff berth, I dont think i can watch a repeat of 2010. But I know I'm getting way a head of myself.

And for those of you interested Washington has a remaining schedule of...

VS San Fransisco
VS New York (Giants)
VS Kansas City
@ Atlanta
VS Dallas
@ New York (Giants)

Currently their selection is #5 overall and if they lose tomorrow night they will be one game ahead of Atlanta for the #1 spot in the draft. That to me is just insane, Atlanta and Houston have the #1 and #2 spots right now, who would of thought it.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 11-25-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
5-6 right now, i say we have to finish 4-1 to have a small chance at sneaking into the playoffs, the thing that sucks is our schedule is brutal.

@ San Fransisco
@ Arizona
VS New Orleans
VS Tampa Bay
@ Seattle

That's probably the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL. If we somehow go 3-1 in the next 4 and are playing at Seattle for a playoff berth, I dont think i can watch a repeat of 2010. But I know I'm getting way a head of myself.
I think the team has shown tremendous guts fighting the way they have the last couple of weeks, but I think this part of the schedule is where their limitations start to show. If we finish 2-3 through the stretch you've outlined for a final record of 7-9, I'll be pleased.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Saffold played a pretty nice game yesterday at Guard. Watching him, it looks lke he's put on a few extra pounds. It sucks that he is probably going to leave to play Tackle for some team because he could be a pretty damn good Guard for us.

7-9 was my prediction as well when I saw the Rams remaining schedule. I'll be very happy with that record considering we lost our starting Quarterback. And if Washington continues to lose and we do end up with a top 5 selection, who do you guys want...If you couldn't trade down.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And if Washington continues to lose and we do end up with a top 5 selection, who do you guys want...If you couldn't trade down.
Jake Matthews. Plug him in either at RT (moving Barksdale inside or to the bench as an outstanding back-up) or LG until he's ready to replace Long as this franchise's long term LT.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Jake Matthews. Plug him in either at RT (moving Barksdale inside or to the bench as an outstanding back-up) or LG until he's ready to replace Long as this franchise's long term LT.
Same here, I think my top 5 would be...

1. Jake Matthews OT
2. Jadeveon Clowney DE
3. Cyrus Kouandjio OT
4. Taylor Lewan OT
5. Khalil Mack LB

And Mack might make his way up to #3 on my board, I really like him. Sucks that there isn't a beast Safety, we could really use one. Wonder if we'll go after Byrd in Free Agency.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 11-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

We currently have the #2 overall pick!

Quote:
RamsHerd ‏@RamsHerd 6h
Absurdity. RT @3k_: If Washington loses next week and Houston wins, Rams hold the #1 overall pick.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 12-02-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do you guys believe in Bradford as the long term answer at QB?
Old 12-02-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
So do you guys believe in Bradford as the long term answer at QB?
Yep. Sam ain't going anywhere. Watching K. Clemons attempt to play the QB position has really made it obvious how much we miss Sam Bradford.

I also know that Jeff Fisher really likes him and wants him to be his guy going forward. To that end I had heard that the Rams FO was working on a contract extension for him but it may have been put on the back burner for now until he returns from injury.

I read a stat by someone on another board that over his last 16 games Brads had 28 TDs and 11 int for about 4,000 yds and was completing about 61% of his passes. So he is progressing although at times it may not appear to be as noticeable.

Hope that this answers your question......
Old 12-02-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Bradford gets a bad rep on here, and I'm really not sure why. The rams were a horrible team a few years ago and he had no talent around him, but people have gotten spoiled with these Quarterbacks like Cam, Luck, Wilson that have come in (to much better situations than Bradford) and had very productive years.

People just look at the stat sheet and try to act like they are expert talent analyst. Remember a few years ago when Freeman had that solid year statistically? Everyone was high on him....now he's got one foot out of the NFL.

Bradford is a really good quarterback, and you can tell he's getting better and being in the same system for two years this year for the first time has benefited him greatly. And all these "oh schotty gonna ruin another qb" BS....he didnt ruin Sanchez, he just want that good to begin with.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
I read a stat by someone on another board that over his last 16 games Brads had 28 TDs and 11 int for about 4,000 yds and was completing about 61% of his passes. So he is progressing although at times it may not appear to be as noticeable.
Over his last 16 games, Bradford is 356/594 (59.9%) for 3797 yards, 28 TDs and 11 INTs, for a QB rating of 86.66.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I read the other day that Bradford's QBR with Zach Stacy as the starter (meaning a solid run game) this year was 111.2. And yet I've seen people on here actually say "Clemens should be the starter"

If we somehow get the two A&M boys in the draft (Matthews and Evans) I think Bradford becomes a pro bowl type Quarterback.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 12-04-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Guys screw trading down, lets take the elite talents on the board.

1. Jake Matthews
1. Mike Evans
Old 12-09-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Guys screw trading down, lets take the elite talents on the board.

1. Jake Matthews
1. Mike Evans
Well, I can see where you are going but I'm not at all certain Mike Evans is an "elite" talent at this point.

I would like to take Jake Matthews at pick 2 and, if his knee rehab checks out, Louis Nix at pick 8.

Still thinking the Rams will trade down with at least one of the first rounders, though....

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Well, I can see where you are going but I'm not at all certain Mike Evans is an "elite" talent at this point.

I would like to take Jake Matthews at pick 2 and, if his knee rehab checks out, Louis Nix at pick 8.

Still thinking the Rams will trade down with at least one of the first rounders, though....

WHAT SAY YE?
I think 8th overall is a bit high for Nix but I wouldn't be against it, it definitely fills a need. Why don't you see Evans as an "elite" talent?
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Do you guys remember when we had the Alshon vs Blackmon debates on here?

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 12-10-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

Quote:
I think 8th overall is a bit high for Nix but I wouldn't be against it, it definitely fills a need. Why don't you see Evans as an "elite" talent?

Not sure if he is fast enough for a blue chip grade. Also, a lot of big type receivers are slow in and out of their breaks and never get the separation they got in college. Combine and individual workouts will be important for him to move up the board.

Just looks to me to be another big guy that benefits from Manziel's scrambling around and throwing jump balls. Well, TBH, I'm also getting very leery of players from Spread systems. Seems like all of their stats are grossly inflated and they never really learn to run a full route tree until they get to the NFL. See: Quick, Brian.

At this point the only "elite" WR prospect is probably Sammy Watkins and, yet, he also has his issues.

Hope this answers your inquiry somewhat.

Go Rams!!