Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I was thinking about the other night was...what about a return of Robert Turner? he kind of had a disappointing stint with the Titans, but in 2012 he was a solid contributor for us under Coach Fisher.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
One thing I was thinking about the other night was...what about a return of Robert Turner? he kind of had a disappointing stint with the Titans, but in 2012 he was a solid contributor for us under Coach Fisher.
Sounds good to me.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen it reported today that the Rams have inquired about both Titans CB Verner and Bills FS Byrd. I think either would be very good additions to the secondary.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:15 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I've seen it reported today that the Rams have inquired about both Titans CB Verner and Bills FS Byrd. I think either would be very good additions to the secondary.
Agreed. I would rather just use the money to resign Saffold, but I don't know the whole situation with Rodger, he could not want to come back.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:14 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Agreed. I would rather just use the money to resign Saffold, but I don't know the whole situation with Rodger, he could not want to come back.
Both of these two DBs are probably looking for deals in the $9 million per year range. The Rams have no business giving Saffold that kind of money, IMO.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Both of these two DBs are probably looking for deals in the $9 million per year range. The Rams have no business giving Saffold that kind of money, IMO.
9 mill? Heck no. Im just saying, use the 6-7 million of it to sign him though.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
9 mill? Heck no. Im just saying, use the 6-7 million of it to sign him though.
$6-7 million a year makes Saffold one of the top ten highest paid guards in the league. I have a really hard time committing that kind of money to someone who hasn't played a full season's worth of games since he was a rookie. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's what it cost to keep him. If that's the case, I'm willing to look for solutions elsewhere.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
$6-7 million a year makes Saffold one of the top ten highest paid guards in the league. I have a really hard time committing that kind of money to someone who hasn't played a full season's worth of games since he was a rookie. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's what it cost to keep him. If that's the case, I'm willing to look for solutions elsewhere.
He's gonna get that for sure.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's gonna get that for sure.
Baltimore Sun is reporting Saffold looks like he'll sign with Oakland for roughly $8 million per year.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3032756.story

Glad it's not the Rams paying that, if it's eventually what he gets.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Baltimore Sun is reporting Saffold looks like he'll sign with Oakland for roughly $8 million per year.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3032756.story

Glad it's not the Rams paying that, if it's eventually what he gets.
It's a shame, but yeah 8 million is a tad to much for my liking.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Welp, Rams released Dahl.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Pats released TJ Moe. Wonder if the Rams would bring him in for camp. I know they showed a ton of interest last year before the draft.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:47 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Michael Silver
@MikeSilver
Follow
Right now a battle is shaping up between the Giants and Rams for Geoff Schwartz's (non-bargain) services. Will someone else get in?
Get it done!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pats released TJ Moe. Wonder if the Rams would bring him in for camp. I know they showed a ton of interest last year before the draft.
holt bruce:

What do you know about TJ Moe? Do you have any info on him that would be relevant to the Rams being interested in him?

Spill the beans, my friend!!!
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Get it done!
Giants got him.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:05 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
holt bruce:

What do you know about TJ Moe? Do you have any info on him that would be relevant to the Rams being interested in him?

Spill the beans, my friend!!!
The Rams brought him in for a visit last year and visited him at the combine. And if I remember correctly he did have a lengthy conversation with them at his pro day.

As far as skill-set goes, he reminds me of Danny Amendola. Doesn't have much athletic ability but I wouldn't give up on him just yet to make a name for himself in the league, has the drive to succeed.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints grabbed Byrd despite their absolutely ******** ******* CAP SPACE! **** US! I'm really pissed about this one. Literally the only big name FA I wanted or cared about. I would've payed Byrd 10m over paying Mitchell or any of the other FSs at 5-7m. I'm pissed as **** now.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pardon my intrusion...

Would any of you fine gentlemen be able to talk me off the ledge I am standing on right now with the Bills signing Chris Williams to a 4 year/13.5 million dollar 5.5 garaunteed contract? Is he who I think he is?

Jump or get back in the window?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Pardon my intrusion...

Would any of you fine gentlemen be able to talk me off the ledge I am standing on right now with the Bills signing Chris Williams to a 4 year/13.5 million dollar 5.5 garaunteed contract? Is he who I think he is?

Jump or get back in the window?
Yeah, unfortunately, he is in fact who you think he is. One of the worst rated guards on PFF if you like their analysis.

Probably the best thing about him is that he is somewhat versatile and can play both guard and tackle. Just not very well....

Now, slowly step back from the ledge....do not look down.....this too shall pass......someday after hoisting the Lombardi you will look back at this and smile.

Last edited by ArkyRamsFan : 03-13-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

...aaaaaaaaand Saffold's back.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm really happy.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:42 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

never a dull moment being a Rams fan!!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, he is in fact who you think he is. One of the worst rated guards on PFF if you like their analysis.

Probably the best thing about him is that he is somewhat versatile and can play both guard and tackle. Just not very well....

Now, slowly step back from the ledge....do not look down.....this too shall pass......someday after hoisting the Lombardi you will look back at this and smile.
Thats what I thought...

Versatile at sucking, nice.

I dreamed the sweetest dream, unfortunatly I awoke, alas it was only a dream...

Off the ledge, thanks man :)
Old 03-13-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Dunbar is back on a two-year deal.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Dunbar is back on a two-year deal.
It's not for a lot of money so I'm ok with it I guess. Hopefully he gets back to playing like he did in 2012. Definetly a needed thumper in the run game.