Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-24-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Ryan Shazier has no eyebrows!
Is it a Charlie Villanueva situation?

My favorite headshot is West Texas A&M DE Ethan Westbrooks:

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It would be difficult for you to find someone who loves Alabama defenders more than I do, but I'd prefer the best WR or maybe even TE on the board over Mosley.

Or you could have Hundley falling to 13. That would be neat too.
Semi-agreed. CJ Mosely is ridiculously good, but they love Nico Johnson and Akeem Jordan has been solid while they wait for Nico to be ready.

WR seems like a big need, but that might be because the offense/Smith can't get the ball downfield/to Bowe. Hemingway seems good, Avery is definitely a priority to keep longer term, and Bowe is locked up for a bit.

They'll pretty much 100% go "BPA" again. I suppose that's probably Mosely, anyway.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Semi-agreed. CJ Mosely is ridiculously good, but they love Nico Johnson and Akeem Jordan has been solid while they wait for Nico to be ready.

WR seems like a big need, but that might be because the offense/Smith can't get the ball downfield/to Bowe. Hemingway seems good, Avery is definitely a priority to keep longer term, and Bowe is locked up for a bit.

They'll pretty much 100% go "BPA" again. I suppose that's probably Mosely, anyway.
Gotta admit I struggled to find a good fit for the Chiefs before settling on Mosley. Also thought about safety, wide receiver and defensive end. I'll be interested to hear Jinx's thoughts.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While you are 100% correct that NE has wasted premium picks on CBs (safeties too ...see TavonlolwhoWilson) I certainly hope we don't go CB in round 1. DT or TE seem more likely. Personally I wouldn't be too adverse to drafting a QB if one of the top prospects fall (Brady has three or four years left, but this draft looks deep at the position so I would opt to take one when you can instead of forcing a pick down the road.)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree that the Falcons may also consider DE, but they may need DT more. Jonathan Babineaux turns 32 next month and Peria Jerry is not good.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
While you are 100% correct that NE has wasted premium picks on CBs (safeties too ...see TavonlolwhoWilson) I certainly hope we don't go CB in round 1. DT or TE seem more likely. Personally I wouldn't be too adverse to drafting a QB if one of the top prospects fall (Brady has three or four years left, but this draft looks deep at the position so I would opt to take one when you can instead of forcing a pick down the road.)
I agree with this. It Talib leaves because we don't want to pay him then we can talk about corner, but I think we will bring him back. Dennard is a promising #2 and Arrington can now play where he is best suited as a #3 option. We could use another defensive lineman, a tight end, an interior offensive lineman, or a receiver before a corner in my opinion.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
David Bakhtiari has played very well the first 3 weeks. With Bulaga and him, the future actually looks very bright at OT for the Packers.
Now, you're right in saying that the OLine is a concern, but it is mainly the interior, specifically center. Evan Dietrich-Smith should not be starting.
Bakhtari has played well for a rookie 4th round pick, but I don't think you pass on a guy who could really settle that position because you have Bakhtari.

As for Bulaga...ACLs are much harder for big men to recover from. There is no guarantee that he returns to pre-injury form. Not saying this is a Sherrod situation but I wouldn't be shocked if Bulaga moves inside after this injury.

If there is an OT available that TT and McCarthy think can lock down that side, I have no problem with it. I would like an injection of top tier talent into the OL. Coaching up mid-round picks and UDFAs is commendable but they must commit to protecting the franchise.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Gotta admit I struggled to find a good fit for the Chiefs before settling on Mosley. Also thought about safety, wide receiver and defensive end. I'll be interested to hear Jinx's thoughts.
I'm no Jinx, but I'll throw out my two cents anyway:

Defensive end might be a good fit. Tyson Jackson has played out of his mind this year, but I think Mike DeVito is really "just a guy" at the other spot. It could be upgraded.

Safety isn't a need at all. Kendrick Lewis isn't great, but he's serviceable and they drafted Sanders Commings who could start there when he's healthy.

Wide receiver is a huge need for this team. Donnie Avery has shown up the last few weeks, and Bowe is Bowe, but they could use a legitimate threat to go along with them.

TE might also not be bad. Fasano and Kelce are hurt, but I don't think Fasano is in their long term plans. Kelce obviously is, so pairing him with another stud TE wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seantrell Henderson in the 1st round? Whaaaaaaaat? We're talking about the same guy that can't even hold down a starting job (at RT no less) in college, right?

If Henderson goes in the first round and Ra'Shede Hageman (a physical freak that can, ya know, actually play football) doesn't, they might as well just draft players out of high school.

Would there ever be a player taken in the 1st round that has accomplished less in college? Even Bruce Irvin was kinda good at West Virginia.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Would there ever be a player taken in the 1st round that has accomplished less in college?

Still agree with you though.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not a big Will Sutton fan. At least not to the degree that others seem to be.

I keep seeing comparisons to Geno Atkins but Sutton isn't nearly as strong or stout at the point of attack. Sutton is great when it comes to using his quickness to penetrate but if that doesn't work he can be easily negated and is basically a non-factor much of the time.

It's also very troubling that Sutton struggled so much against Wisconsin and Stanford, two teams that have the type of big, physical, pro style offensive lines he will face at the next level.

I think Drake Nevis is a much more apt comparison.
Haha, the Cowboys signed Nevis this week. If you feel that way about Sutton I'm getting mixed signals because he is #13 on your overall rankings. :(

edit: nvmd, I saw what you said about your rankings being very unstable in the other thread.

It's good to see you take a stance like this. It separates you.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-24-2013 at 11:21 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post

Still agree with you though.
True. Thought that pick was insane at the time too, though thankfully it has worked out so far.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In regards to Miami (FL) OT Seantrel Henderson, I could see him going in Round 1 or Undrafted. Seriously, it's that wide of a range. There is no denying the immense talent but durability and character issues are going to require a lot of investigation. Classic "Boom or Bust" prospect.
Will Henderson be capable of playing LT at the next level as a starter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seantrell Henderson in the 1st round? Whaaaaaaaat? We're talking about the same guy that can't even hold down a starting job (at RT no less) in college, right?

If Henderson goes in the first round and Ra'Shede Hageman (a physical freak that can, ya know, actually play football) doesn't, they might as well just draft players out of high school.

Would there ever be a player taken in the 1st round that has accomplished less in college? Even Bruce Irvin was kinda good at West Virginia.
He didn't "start" the first game at RT because Al Golden is Al Golden but played the majority of snaps in that game, and has started the last 2 games and even got some burn at LT last week. Last season when he was healthy he was the starting RT.

As for him not being being able to play football, I'm just gonna say you're not at all correct.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree with you on Henderson. Guys with his attitude/character concerns/whatever you wanna call it don't go in the first round unless they have incredlble tape is my stance on that.

Bruce Irvin though was good in college. I think he was all-american and had like 13 or 14 sacks one year. Just small and everyone expected him to go in round 2 until draft day. Hageman should be a first rounder, I don't see how he isn't. Physically a beast and productive with great upside. Good DTs usually tend to get taken early too.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dorsey likes the value of drafting a TE after the first round, but Sefarian-Jenkins is an interesting case. It's definitely a position they'll look at - especially if they're going to roll with Alex Smith again next year. Short-to-intermediate targets will be key.

DE is a nice option. Can you imagine if they'd gone with Star Lotulelei? Ed Stinson could be a nice fit.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Like the Jernigan pick for Dallas. He should be in the mix if he has a good season, but if has no "wow" factor, then Jerry will look the other way.
Jernigan is the best DT FSU has produced since Corey Simon and I have little doubt he will be a stud in the NFL. His Loco Ocho sack celebration will catch on quickly. He will be a helluva asset for a 4-3 base team as a DT who will have some 3-4 DE experience as well by the end of the season.

---------------------------

As for Noles, a lot like E.J. Manuel in 2012/13, he won't really do a lot on the field to make you go wow, but LB/DE Christian Jones will be highly coveted by NFL teams in the Draft. His coverage ability is unmatched at the collegiate level (he has matched up with Sammy Watkins 1 on 1 and prevailed and checkout the 2010 bowl game vs. Tyler Eifert) and in terms of things NFL teams want LBs to do that don't show up on the stat sheet he does it all.

As we saw with Jordan and Ansah, NFL teams crave athleticism in defensive players even in their college production doesn't equal the athleticism, and Christian Jones will blow people away in this department and is a lot less of a project than Ansah or Jordan was in 2013 because of the smaller things he does so well. If he could just rush the passer consistently, Jones would be a Top 10 pick with ease.

Other than Cam Erving if he continues to progress and were to leave early, I see no other Nole sniffing the First 50 picks other than Jernigan and Jones.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Jernigan is the best DT FSU has produced since Corey Simon and I have little doubt he will be a stud in the NFL. His Loco Ocho sack celebration will catch on quickly. He will be a helluva asset for a 4-3 base team as a DT who will have some 3-4 DE experience as well by the end of the season.

---------------------------
High praise! What makes him stand out?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
While I do like the idea of the Seahawks adding another marquee tackle, there's a part of me that's leery of picking a "high-upside" guy who's got injury concerns, because that sounds like what we've already had, and as a Seahawks fan it's been pretty frustrating to have our best lineman (Okung) seemingly a perpetual feature on the injury list as well the other lineman (Carpenter) we picked in the first round. Not against going RT late in the first, but I'm dying to see what our line would be like if only they could stay healthy for an extended stretch.

(Edit): Also, jfwiw - If there's a weakness on our defense, I think Daniel McCullers fits the profile of the remedy to a 'T'.

Seattle is reaching a point where they are going to need to replace big UFA contracts from the '10/'11 seasons. They already have 2 OT prospects they hit on in the 7th round and UDFA (Bowie/Bailey) that figure to replace Giacomini and McQuistan next year. While they were considering OL in '13 on day 2, they didn't like the options and went elsewhere. I wouldn't expect an OL pick until day 3 given how well they did late last year. Bowie and Bailey are already getting play time now and are developing nicely, if off the radar nationally.

McCullers is a good choice. Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant are also large salaries that Seattle will consider losing in order to extend Sherman. They drafted Jesse Williams last year probably with an eye toward doing that but his knee he injured late in '12 is still not right. They could easily hedge that investment. McCullers is a unique player physically and Seattle loves that in it's draft choices.

I expect Seattle to go WR early this year. Tate will be UFA and Seattle will have hard choices to keep him or Rice or both. With Harvin at 10m/yr and Rice at 9m/yr, Seattle can't commit 20-25% of their cap at WR. They will almost assuredly seek to reload on cheaper talent on the outside. Taking a WR early and losing Rice would allow them to entertain a resign of Tate who the team loves. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Seattle takes 2 WRs and drops Rice and allows Tate to walk either.

For purposes of a mock draft, if you're hoping to get close to who Seattle might choose, I would look at 2nd round options to mock in round 1. Seattle will almost assuredly trade out of round 1 as they've tried to do so with every first round pick save the Okung selection. But when they can't, they have shown the willingness to take round 2 guys half a round early and not bat an eye. A good candidate for that might be a Jordan Taylor (Rice) or Allen Robinson (PSU). Robinson to me looks like a guy we'd be especially high on.

Unless an Antonio Richardson falls to them in round 1, they are unlikely to select an OL there. It would have to be a freakish drop in talent that a mock wouldn't anticipate.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith doesn't throw to WR's so no need to draft one. A TE that can actually stay on the field would be nice.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
High praise! What makes him stand out?
Quick off the ball and spends a lot of time in the opponents backfield. He has a non-stop motor and is just a disruptive force. He looks undersized but has the strength and power to overcome the size.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you feel that way about Sutton I'm getting mixed signals because he is #13 on your overall rankings.
Well, the #13 senior basically equates to a second round pick.

I will also be dropping Sutton a bit in the next update since he struggled against Wisconsin and Stanford and because I don't think he looks as good this year with the additional weight.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns select a corner at three, when they clearly need a QB above everything else, I will break your servers by posting the dinosaur gif at least 100,000 times in one thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm no Jinx, but I'll throw out my two cents anyway:

Defensive end might be a good fit. Tyson Jackson has played out of his mind this year, but I think Mike DeVito is really "just a guy" at the other spot. It could be upgraded.

Safety isn't a need at all. Kendrick Lewis isn't great, but he's serviceable and they drafted Sanders Commings who could start there when he's healthy.

Wide receiver is a huge need for this team. Donnie Avery has shown up the last few weeks, and Bowe is Bowe, but they could use a legitimate threat to go along with them.

TE might also not be bad. Fasano and Kelce are hurt, but I don't think Fasano is in their long term plans. Kelce obviously is, so pairing him with another stud TE wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Of course I am interested to hear your thoughts too Vidae! :o)

The problem Kansas City may have is they may be picking too low for Marqise Lee / Sammy Watkins and there is a pretty big drop-off after those two. Perhaps another wideout will emerge or someone like Brandon Coleman or Mike Evans will move up but I just didn't see a fit at this point. What type of receiver do you think the Chiefs should look for to team with Bowe?

Last edited by Scott Wright : 09-24-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, where the hell is Tajh Boyd in this mock? And if the Titans are picking at 11, I would suspect the Locker experiment is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote