Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkrush View Post
That may be true, but no CB should ever be that far away from a WR after a single head move.
Very true, very true
Old 04-06-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

OSUGiants, the g-men aren't making the playoffs, get that out of your sick right now.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
OSUGiants, the g-men aren't making the playoffs, get that out of your sick right now.
oh yea and the Cowboys are
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 07:40 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkrush View Post
That may be true, but no CB should ever be that far away from a WR after a single head move.
Marvin Harrison is going to make Nick Harper wish he didn't leave for a division rival, for the same reason:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dK2RVbzOHQ4

Marv just made him look foolish as hell. Nasty...

Last edited by frisby213 : 04-06-2007 at 06:06 PM.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
mfkrush
Rookie

mfkrush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
Marvin Harrison is going to make Nick Harper wish he didn't leave for a division rival, for the same reason:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dK2RVbzOHQ4

Marv just made him look foolish as hell. Nasty...
Marvin Harrison is easily the best WR in the game. Just because he isn't flashy like Chad Johnson and Randy Moss, doesn't mean he isn't as good. He is the unsung hero of the NFL.
mfkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Har har har..so original. The Rex Grossman sucks stuff is getting overdone. He's not incompetent or untalented, he just makes poor decisions. Our offense was still in the top half of the league last year.
I have to assume you are half kidding from the har har part, but if you aren't, you just described just about every QB who ever made it into the league and then promptly left. The way Grossman choked in the SB would make me very worried if I was a Bears fan, it makes me a little happy inside as a Vikes fan though. There are bad decisions and then there is complete incompetence like he showed several times last season. The inconsistency he shows make the Bears a complete hit and miss team, especially if Benson were to fail at RB(I dont think he will).

Quote:
If he can't do that, a second rounder would be way too high.
Is it really for a guy who gave you 7 touchdowns? I mean if you drafted a WR in the second and he gives you 7 touchdowns are you unhappy. Not to mention that the Bears basically knew they would start with at least decent field position, if their awful offense even had to take the field. If he adds a position, its a great pick, if he doesnt change a thing, its a good pick. Devin Hester was the Bears best offensive weapon last year, by far. I mean the whole concept that the Bears could elect to receive(or more likely be forced to) and then not have to actually risk going out on offense was a win for them. When you have Grossman at QB everytime your offense takes the field you risk giving up points.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
When you have Grossman at QB everytime your offense takes the field you risk giving up points.
But there is also the possibility, that given the time Rex will make the good throws. I dont think you watched a Bears game, sure he made a lot of bad decisions, but when he was given the time, he made a lot of good ones. I know i was all over Rex during the season, but the new season gives him a clean slate with me. Hopefully he can put it together this season, but if he doesnt, we will just draft a new QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I thought he ran much slower than that. Was that at his proday?
Yes.

Hopefully Hester gets a fair amount of looks in 2007, if opposing teams can kick the ball to him enough.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
oh yea and the Cowboys are
Are you kidding me? The Giants are predicted to go 6-10, wehile the Cowboys are NFC Favorites.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? The Giants are predicted to go 6-10, wehile the Cowboys are NFC Favorites.
I don't care about predictions I care about the truth and the truth is the Giants will make the playoffs so shut up.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA STATES

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 07:41 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Har har har..so original. The Rex Grossman sucks stuff is getting overdone. He's not incompetent or untalented, he just makes poor decisions. Our offense was still in the top half of the league last year.

C'mon 51, you know the Bears offensive success is due SOLELY to the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I don't care about predictions I care about the truth and the truth is the Giants will make the playoffs so shut up.
Nice job supporting with facts....LOL. Because you say so they will make the playoffs? LMAO.

The Giants blow. They have no OLBs, no secondary, and no o-line. The Cowboys have NO holes. No Holes at all in any starting spots. EVeryone can use depth, but that is depth. Wait until week 1, we are going to SPANK you.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Nice job supporting with facts....LOL. Because you say so they will make the playoffs? LMAO.

The Giants blow. They have no OLBs, no secondary, and no o-line. The Cowboys have NO holes. No Holes at all in any starting spots. EVeryone can use depth, but that is depth. Wait until week 1, we are going to SPANK you.

i totally agree. plus the giants have no tiki. can droughns and jacobs replace him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for Hester moving, the ironic thing is that Lovie was adament about how he felt Miami had screwed up Devin by switching him around too much and having him play multiple positions, and that now appears to be what they are doing as well.
Good one Dicknose! Rex Grossman is by far one of the worst starting QB in the league, if not the worst. Frye, is about the only one I can think of that's possibly worse.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Good one Dicknose! Rex Grossman is by far one of the worst starting QB in the league, if not the worst. Frye, is about the only one I can think of that's possibly worse.
Really? Worse than Kitna, Aaron Brooks, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Brad Johnson/T-Jack, Gradkowski, Plummer and Brunell? That's just ********. He's just inconsistent, all young QBs are. When he's on, he plays like a top-5 QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could definately utilize him better on offense. Why not run a reverse or a screen with him every now and then. He's the kind of guy who, as long as you get him the ball, it's only a matter of time before he takes it all the way.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Really? Worse than Kitna, Aaron Brooks, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Brad Johnson/T-Jack, Gradkowski, Plummer and Brunell? That's just ********. He's just inconsistent, all young QBs are. When he's on, he plays like a top-5 QB.
Joey Harrington's no more, Plummer's no more, Brunell aint no starter, Gradkowski was a backup who got to start once the starter was hurt, put Grossman into Houston's O, and he'd be the worst, and Aaron Brooks was cut. Put an average QB in Chicago and then they'd win the Super Bowl.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
i totally agree. plus the giants have no tiki. can droughns and jacobs replace him?
Thank you. Some people are going to be very suprised how bad the Giants are this season.

And OSUGiants, I would appreciate it if you didn't give me bad rep saying "cowgirls are terible!!!" when I stated facts about the Giants being bad and you have no comeback. Just because the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders, and the Giants are top 5 pick in the draft contenders doesn't mean you have to be a baby about it.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 04-07-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone's predraft predictions aren't facts.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Cowboys have no holes? That's laughable.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

They have no starter holes.

Name one please.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
The point of a QB isn't to put up big numbers. The point of a quarterback is to make good decisions and play consistently. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, not because he was necessarily "good," but because he was at least consistent. The same can be said for Brad Johnson with the '02 Bucs.

Rex Grossman put up big numbers in 4 or 5 games this season, but so what? Who would you rather have, a good glue guy who does just enough to put some points on the board while your defense leads you, or an inconsistent, streaky kid who falls apart and is as emotionally tough as a kitten?

No quarterback who puts up a QB Rating of 36.8, 23.7, 10.2, 1.3, and even ZERO (that's right, ZERO) in the SAME SEASON is a good(enough) QB. End of story.

Last edited by frisby213 : 04-07-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
The point of a QB isn't to put up big numbers. The point of a quarterback is to make good decisions and play consistently. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, not because he was necessarily "good," but because he was at least consistent. The same can be said for Brad Johnson with the '02 Bucs.

Rex Grossman put up big numbers in 4 or 5 games this season, but so what? Who would you rather have, a good glue guy who does just enough to put some points on the board while your defense leads you, or an inconsistent, streaky kid who falls apart and is as emotionally tough as a kitten?

No quarterback who puts up a QB Rating of 10.2, 1.3, and even ZERO (that's right, ZERO) is a good QB. End of story.
When did bf_51 ever say that he was a good QB?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I guess you could say Kyle Kosier is an average LG Bearfan, but that is about it.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
When did bf_51 ever say that he was a good QB?
That wasn't the point, although I'll edit it to say "good enough."