Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colt Lyerla Leaves Oregon

Rob Moseley ‏@DuckFootball 6m

Lyerla withdraws from UO "on good terms": Oregon's junior starter told Helfrich of his decision late Sunday

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209277864

So uh, what?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

um....his stock is gone, right?

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was just coming to post this...wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stock may or may not drop...depends on what actually caused it. However, Colt has had trouble keeping his mouth shut (twitter, media), so that MIGHT hurt more than the quitting may. Who knows. Will still get drafted, but a team may get a steal now a bit later than previously thought.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Still draftable ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Wow. Still draftable ?
Wonder if he transfers or enters. If he goes the NFL route I'd imagine he still gets a Marquess Wilson type look late provided he tests well (which he should) and does a good job in interviews.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you draft a quitter?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys seriously asking if this guy is going to get drafted? He has a ton of talent. If Bryce Brown can get drafted, Lyerla is a lock to be.

Some of you are acting like he was kicked off the team when he wasn't...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's still draftable. Mike Williams (from Syracuse) quit during his final season there and he went in the 4th round. Though I guess it depends on the reason why Lyerla quit.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainly draftable, but there's some major questions that need to be answered. I'll take for a garage sale price for the Patriots. That would be pretty sweet even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he quitted before he was kicked off ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are 256 picks in the draft, and 200 of those players suck. Lyerla does not suck. He will be drafted.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Maybe he quitted before he was kicked off ?
Yeah, it's really tough to speculate as to why it went down the way it did. Short of him killing anyone or attempting to(that's a Hernandez joke, no need to make another in addition), I'm game for taking a shot on him later in the draft. It sounds like he just wasn't getting along with the coaching staff. That's a red flag, don't get me wrong...but I'm willing to listen to his perspective on everything and weigh the risk with his talent. Impossible to say right now where that balance lies right now though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a major red flag for me. I had him ranked above ASJ, but now I can't see him going very high.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently he may have some serious personal issues. A nickname he supposedly had at Oregon was "Coke" Lyerla, and overall he seems to have a notable drug and alcohol problem. Insanely gifted, but if there's truth to the rumors, I don't think I'd be interested in having him on my team.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can't see how anyone could have Colt ranked above ASJ to be honest.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
This is a major red flag for me. I had him ranked above ASJ, but now I can't see him going very high.
Considering his relatively limited production(even if part of that is a function of the offense), I think he needed to have a better season than he had last year to ensure a first or second round grade anyway. I expected him to, but he's obviously not going to have a chance to do that now. Absolute best case scenario for him is a 4th or 5th round grade with impressive workout numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Apparently he may have some serious personal issues. A nickname he supposedly had at Oregon was "Coke" Lyerla, and overall he seems to have a notable drug and alcohol problem. Insanely gifted, but if there's truth to the rumors, I don't think I'd be interested in having him on my team.
Ouch. Yeah, I love what the guy can do on the field as well, but if there's any truth to that I probably wouldn't want a whole ton to do with him. Maybe as a free agent if he's demonstrated that he's taking serious steps towards changing...but yeah. That would certainly explain the frequent absences.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant be worse than aaron hernandez
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll throw one name out there. Pacman Jones. If you can play you'll have a job, simple as that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
i'll throw one name out there. Pacman Jones. If you can play you'll have a job, simple as that.
He'll absolutely get a shot. Might not be with a draft pick if his drug issue really is bad enough to prevent him from finishing the year though. We saw how much that perception hurt Ryan Mallet...and he started for two years and played at a high level.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talent will always get more second chances. If he can play he will find a spot. He just killed his draft position, but a good agent can rehab his image in the offseason to an okay draft position considering the situation.

I'm happy as a Stanford fan too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Kelly won't let him fall out of the draft.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:44 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quit the team. May have drug issues. Not particularly productive in college

Lyserla is no longer a 'need' pick for most teams. He's at best a midrounder if there's a plausible explanation for why he quit and if he doesn't have a substance abuse history.

If the rumors however are true, I don't see how he goes before the 5th/6th round.

Right now he sounds like an UDFA.

BTW sometimes a coach will give a player the opportunity to quit so he doesn't have to say you were kicked off the team.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends what he looks like come draft time. If he's squeaky clean and says all the right things to scouts then he's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick based on talent alone.

People seem to forget, or don't even know, how much baggage a lot of these players bring to the NFL. It was a differant time but Lawrence Phillips of Nebraska was a top 10 pick and he threw his girlfriend down a flight of stairs. There's immature then there's trouble. We'll see what category Lyerla falls in.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id love my saints to spend a mid rounder on him, watson only has a few more years in him and if lyela develops in what he an be an offense with him and graham would be like cheating

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote