Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Countless times he has Romo'd out? Really how many times has he blown it? I bet it's less times than he has 4th quarter comebacks. But the perception that Romo blows it in big situations persists despite the facts saying the exact opposite.
I surely ******* hope so. If you are an NFL caliber QB you better succeed more times than you fail in that situation...however, he ***** it up more than he should...especially for the how much the hack is getting paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how much people suck the dick of guys who are "clutch" in the 4th quarter. Romo caries his team for 56 minutes, makes one mistake, and he sucks. Meanwhile, a guy is carried by his team for 56 minutes, has one good drive, and he is awesome and clutch. Give me the guy who is great for 99% of the time who has one 4th quarter fart a year over the guy who is mediocre outside of a random 4th quarter comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe in "clutch" or "choking," but Romo is really testing me. He's obviously better than most QBs, including Schaub; but holy crap, 90% of the internet called the interception before it even happened.

The best screw-up was Matt Hasselback:

WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll still take Romo's one blown game over the five games Eli has blown by sucking dick all season. But Eli's sucking didn't happen in the 4th quarter so he's still clutch.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-06-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with Romo is that he hasn't won anything of any meaning. He is a very good QB and puts up some real good numbers, but how many playoff wins does he have? Wins and rings are how QBs are judged and Romo got it done.

Eli has won playoff games and rings. He has outperformed Romo where is matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that part of his problem is that people always assume the Cowboys are better than they really are. Specifically today, if you throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs but your team still loses, then you need to look at the defense. If it's still even a remotely close game at that point, then the defense seriously ****** up.

But his late-game chucklefuck plays are still hilarious. Here I was thinking that he was about to throw a bomb to Bryant to win the game and break Van Broklin's 60+ year old record, and he throws it to the wrong team. Classic.

Last edited by WCH : 10-07-2013 at 12:11 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll still take Romo's one blown game over the five games Eli has blown by sucking dick all season. But Eli's sucking didn't happen in the 4th quarter so he's still clutch.
If it was "one" blown game, I would certainly agree. Some great Quarterbacks have even had bad seasons and I've can be forgiven. This is a career pattern for him. It is the reason the Cowboys rarely make the playoffs and when they do he'll botch an extra point or throw a game losing pick to the Giants.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Considering I can come up with 6 games off the top of my drunken just against the giants where Romo's done Romo things, I'd be shocked if he didn't have at least another 12 games where he romo'd out, not even mentioning the games where Romo did Romo things but the Browns or Bills, just cause those games are coming to mind right now, out Romo'd him.

Dude how many times can u say Romo in one sentence , lets see I count five times.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's also a ridiculously long sentence.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dude how many times can u say Romo in one sentence , lets see I count five times.
That's what happens when Romo's a noun and a verb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That's also a ridiculously long sentence.
Clearly you don't read many of my posts. That's a pretty short run on for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo vs Schaub

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well played sir.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I don't believe in "clutch" or "choking," but Romo is really testing me. He's obviously better than most QBs, including Schaub; but holy crap, 90% of the internet called the interception before it even happened.

The best screw-up was Matt Hasselback:

Clutch and choking are just the words we use to describe people who are better at handling high stress environments. Like back in school, some kids who put in a lot of work and where very prepared would suck on tests because between the time crunch, the changing topics of the questions and what not they couldn't perform and show their knowledge, while other kids who put in a lot less work to learn the material would just fly through the test answering what they did know and guess effectively enough on the rest to do great. I'm sure you work with somebody who starts to have mini panic attacks and struggles when really stressed, while there's somebody else there who's at their best when they've gotta come up with some **** on the fly.

We all function in different ways and some of us are just better going into a focused problem-solving mode when the **** hits the fan, the chips hit the table, or whatever else cliche we want to use, while others aren't. That's all choking and being clutch is, and that definitely exists.

Quote:

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 10-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
The problem with Romo is that he hasn't won anything of any meaning. He is a very good QB and puts up some real good numbers, but how many playoff wins does he have? Wins and rings are how QBs are judged and Romo got it done.

Eli has won playoff games and rings. He has outperformed Romo where is matters.
And this is so dumb. There is so much involved that has nothing to do with the QB. Take Peyton Manning. Four times his defense blows a 4th quarter lead in the playoffs. If his defense (which Manning doesn't play) holds those leads, I bet he has more than one ring. Instead, people still say he comes up small in the playoffs.

And the same thing happens to Romo. Ignore the heinous defense. Ignore the horrible coaching. Ignore the invisible running game. Ignore Romo actually having stellar 4th quarter numbers. It's all Romo's fault.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And this is so dumb. There is so much involved that has nothing to do with the QB. Take Peyton Manning. Four times his defense blows a 4th quarter lead in the playoffs. If his defense (which Manning doesn't play) holds those leads, I bet he has more than one ring. Instead, people still say he comes up small in the playoffs.

And the same thing happens to Romo. Ignore the heinous defense. Ignore the horrible coaching. Ignore the invisible running game. Ignore Romo actually having stellar 4th quarter numbers. It's all Romo's fault.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying. There are a ton of factors that go into winning or losing a game that a quarterback can't control and it is probably unfair to pin everything on them, win or lose. Romo went drive for drive and point for with Manning (who is insane right now) and Romo was nothing short of excellent for 58 minutes. It's not fair but it is what it is.

But in football the bottom line is winning and Romo made the fatal mistake when it mattered most. He had the ball with 2 minutes to go down and win and he turned the ball over in prime position for the Broncos. That is the reality of the situation. It was all even at that point and Romo blinked. Both defenses got toasted all day.

I have never thought Romo has been the problem in Dallas (they've had plenty others), but he has never been the solution. The best players find a way to win and Romo just hasn't won overall.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Schaub is done for sure. He was decent but never that great. The talent of the team kept him afloat, but now he is dragging them down. The Texans are good overall and should win a lot of games but he just killing them. Yates is even better for now, but they really need to find a long term solution. I see them going with another retread in the near future sadly.

Romo is waaaay better. Romo may screw up occasionally but you would never even be in the game with Schaub.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Romo's better but I was more interested in which was more painful to watch as a fan through their tenures initially. Granted using this thread to talk about the Rivers and Romos of the world is more interesting and I'd be in favor of moving the discussion to them and Cutler and the other flawed franchise QBs.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're going by painful to watch, I think Rivers should be in this conversation now. Worst part was that he used to be big time clutch.

Of the two, Romo though. When Schaub is bad, he's Jacksonville QB bad, not heartbreaking.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Last edited by DcmRulz : 10-07-2013 at 01:38 AM.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub kind of reminds me in a way of how Jake Plummer was in Denver. I remember every time it was a pass holding my breath hoping it wasn't a negative play. Kind of like that with Schaub I think.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Schaub is done for sure. He was decent but never that great. The talent of the team kept him afloat, but now he is dragging them down. The Texans are good overall and should win a lot of games but he just killing them. Yates is even better for now, but they really need to find a long term solution. I see them going with another retread in the near future sadly.

Romo is waaaay better. Romo may screw up occasionally but you would never even be in the game with Schaub.
I don't think going to Yates at this point is going to save their season. Their best chance to win is still Schaub. Yates has like no reps with the starting unit probably. The Texans can still turn this all around.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. Romo doesn't even **** up that much more than other QBs, even in crunch time. He just so happens to have botched a kick in his first career playoff game and thrown an INT in his second (both in his first and second year starting, I think). So whatever he does, people just remember the bad plays and make every loss Romo's fault.

Kind of like Peyton being a terrible playoff QB because he sucked his first couple of years. It doesn't matter if he's played better than most QBs in the playoffs for the last 8 years or so, he's still a terrible playoff QB in the minds of all because of their ever-lasting first impression.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love how Romo blew the game. Not the defense that **** the bed all day long. Not the offensive line that gave up four sacks. Or the non-existent run game. Nope, the guy who had one of the greatest statistical games ever (while out playing the QB off to the hottest start ever) totally blew the game. And if you watch the play, the INT wasn't all that much his fault. The defender made a fantastic play and the receiver just stood there with his head up his ass. You have to go to the ball not stand there waiting.

And let's just forget the fact that Romo has the highest 4th quarter passer rating among active QBs. Or that he actually has 18 4th quarter comebacks. Nope Tony Romo is such a chocker. The perception of Tony Romo just shows how dumb the average football fan is.
Boom.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh come on, I totally shitted on Romo yesterday for Romo'ing like he always does, but come on.

This shouldn't be a thread. Romo runs laps around Schaub. He's 10x the qb Schaub is.

Having that said, Romo apologists are becoming the new Peyton Manning playoff record apologists. After awhile, you just have to take it for what it is.

I mean, it's not like it's just a couple of games. It's been years. It's gotten to a point where 90% of the internet calls the pick or fumble or whatever before it happens.

Those who cite the rest of the game are completely missing the point: Isolate the situation. When the game is on the line and the ball is in his hands, he consistently makes the mistake.

No one is knocking him for what he did yesterday, he had a great game, but what should be painfully obvious to everyone by now is the fact that in those exact situations, when you need it the most, Romo is gonna Romo.

How much more evidence do you need to see before you accept this? Come on. Enough already.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh come on, I totally shitted on Romo yesterday for Romo'ing like he always does, but come on.

This shouldn't be a thread. Romo runs laps around Schaub. He's 10x the qb Schaub is.

Having that said, Romo apologists are becoming the new Peyton Manning playoff record apologists. After awhile, you just have to take it for what it is.

I mean, it's not like it's just a couple of games. It's been years. It's gotten to a point where 90% of the internet calls the pick or fumble or whatever before it happens.

Those who cite the rest of the game are completely missing the point: Isolate the situation. When the game is on the line and the ball is in his hands, he consistently makes the mistake.

No one is knocking him for what he did yesterday, he had a great game, but what should be painfully obvious to everyone by now is the fact that in those exact situations, when you need it the most, Romo is gonna Romo.

How much more evidence do you need to see before you accept this? Come on. Enough already.
90% of the internet calls a pick or a fumble on every play so your argument is invalid.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Njx is the voice of our generation. Smartest man on the board.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: