Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
From what I understand, the kid was a mistake with another woman
How could this possibly be less sensitive at this point? I question Peterson's involvement in this son's tragically short life, but ...
Old 10-11-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
How could this possibly be less sensitive at this point? I question Peterson's involvement in this son's tragically short life, but ...
Oh, you know what the **** I mean. I apologize for my wording, but that wasn't what I was going for. He was an unplanned child.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, you know what the **** I mean. I apologize for my wording, but that wasn't what I was going for. He was an unplanned child.
I do understand. My point is that it should NEVER matter if the child is planned or not for the father to be involved.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I understand, the kid was a mistake with another woman, and he wasn't even sure it was his until recently. It'd be hard as **** to keep tabs on the kid's mother and dating life when they live in another state, and even if he could, how would he be able to stop her? This is in absolutely no way Peterson's fault. It is the fault of the scumbag who beat the child to death, and to a lesser extent the mother who brought that monster to the child.
8th trimester abortions are usually frowned upon

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if it's "hard" for Peterson to have kept tabs on what is going on with his child. Being a parent is hard. I know Peterson did not kill the child, but a father should take steps to make sure his son is safe. If that means paying someone to check on him, so be it.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I do understand. My point is that it should NEVER matter if the child is planned or not for the father to be involved.
How do you know that he wouldn't have become involved in that child's life? The mother lives in South Dakota, and it wasn't until recently that the child was shown to be his. This is still not Peterson's fault.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't care if it's "hard" for Peterson to have kept tabs on what is going on with his child. Being a parent is hard. I know Peterson did not kill the child, but a father should take steps to make sure his son is safe. If that means paying someone to check on him, so be it.
What he **** good would checking on the kid do? Jesus you are dense. Do you want him to hire someone to follow the child in a car 24/7? What good what that do?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I understand, the kid was a mistake with another woman.
Hey my dad always told me I wasn't a mistake but a happy surprise. All unplanned kids are happy surprises.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The mother is allowed to invite any person she wants to live with her and the kid. She has custody. Peterson recently found out the kid was his. At some point he might have challenged for custody but at best he would get partial custody, more likely visitation. That does not change ****. You are an idiot Halsey.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
What he **** good would checking on the kid do? Jesus you are dense. Do you want him to hire someone to follow the child in a car 24/7? What good what that do?
A father should take steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of his child. No excuses.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
A father should take steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of his child. No excuses.
Through what, stalking and kidnapping?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Do tell us Halsey, what is that step?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno, but it's doubtful that AD truly loved the boy. Very tragic story. He's probably thinking about the child support he doesn't have to provide. These stories just really suck.

Patterson deserves the worst punishment imaginable.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Through what, stalking and kidnapping?
No excuses mqtirishfan. YOU MUST TAKES STEPS. Think before you talk Halsey. There is no need to try and be cool on the internet by being contrarian after a kid was ******* beaten to death.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no "A FATHER SHOULD" in some sort of male defined role here, but AD wasn't involved in the kid's life. Whether it's his or the mother's fault, it's the truth. I feel awful for the kid that lost his life because of a scumbag piece of ****, that's how I see it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I get what you're saying, but it sounds like he really never entered the kids life. That's certainly on him(although it certainly wouldn't have been the first time a woman manipulated an athlete into giving money to her and a child that wasn't his), but I don't think you can say he played a part in the child's death. I'm not sure him being a more involved Dad can prevent the mother from leaving the kid with a boyfriend she doesn't sound like she even knew all that well. You can certainly put a bit of this on her though.

Anyway, already shared my thoughts about this in another thread and got in a mini-argument about this(still love ya njx/bbd), but it's really a senseless tragedy. The fact that the guy had been charged with physically harming a child before this makes me sick. That's just about the single lowliest thing you can possibly do as a human being. At that point, you're no longer a person in my eyes anymore, even. What a truly disgusting animal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

The kid was beaten to death when under the care of a known violent offender. It is the responsibility of the parents to keep a child out of harms way. Adrian Peterson did not kill the child, but he didn't do his job as a parent either.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
The kid was beaten to death when under the care of a known violent offender. It is the responsibility of the parents to keep a child out of harms way. Adrian Peterson did not kill the child, but he didn't do his job as a parent either.
What should he have done exactly? Please, stop being an idiot. Should he have challenged for custody immediately, maybe, but he almost surely would not have gotten it regardless of whether or not the mother was living with a violent offender, that is not the way the world works.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I think I get what you're saying, but it sounds like he really never entered the kids life. That's certainly on him(although it certainly wouldn't have been the first time a woman manipulated an athlete into giving money to her and a child that wasn't his), but I don't think you can say he played a part in the child's death. I'm not sure him being a more involved Dad can prevent the mother from leaving the kid with a boyfriend she doesn't sound like she even knew all that well. You can certainly put a bit of this on her though.

Anyway, already shared my thoughts about this in another thread and got in a mini-argument about this(still love ya njx/bbd), but it's really a senseless tragedy. The fact that the guy had been charged with physically harming a child before this makes me sick. That's just about the single lowliest thing you can possibly do as a human being. At that point, you're no longer a person in my eyes anymore, even. What a truly disgusting animal.
The fact that he was a known offender to me tells me the mother should be charged with something. Garbage parenting. She has custody of the kid, she needs to do her job as a parent.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

What should he have done? Well, there's a lot of options, because it sounds like he was doing nothing. There's a world of options that are better than nothing.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
What should he have done? Well, there's a lot of options, because it sounds like he was doing nothing. There's a world of options that are better than nothing.
Name one that isn't entirely illegal.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well maybe when you ignore completely relevant factors, such as Peterson only recently finding out it was his kid and him not having custody...He can't control who the kid does/doesn't get left with when he has no custody. You may as well be blaming a random stranger.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
What are those options exactly? The only viable one I can think of is take her to court. That takes a very long time and he only recently found out the kid was his. I am not saying Peterson is infallible but to put blame on him is ********. If he had decided to take her to court and was in the process of that would that change your feelings? He probably should have but it would not have prevented this. Keep acting all high and mighty, you are full of ****.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Name one that isn't entirely illegal.
Exactly my point. There was no way he could prevent this legally. None. You want him to go to jail because the mother of one of his children is a ******* idiot. That would be so great for his other children, having their father behind bars.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
How do you know that he wouldn't have become involved in that child's life? The mother lives in South Dakota, and it wasn't until recently that the child was shown to be his. This is still not Peterson's fault.
I don't know. I'm not the one making reasons for Peterson to be absent. I don't blame Peterson, in any way. But to lessen his responsibility as a father because the "kid was a mistake" and that he "didn't even know it was his until recently" seems irresponsible.

I don't see Peterson saying these things in mourning.