Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Should the NFL incorporate 1 London game a week on the Sunday schedule?
Yes 4 12.50%
No 28 87.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL to add weekly London games in near future

As a fan of the game, I believe this would be great, although the only fans that will not benefit from this are the West Coast supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it the field isn't up to par and it takes a home game away from a team. The early start time throws off lots of people who go to church. Also it forces a teams bye week to be after the game right ?
Old 10-26-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I hate it the field isn't up to par and it takes a home game away from a team. The early start time throws off lots of people who go to church. Also it forces a teams bye week to be after the game right ?
I'm not too sure of the Bye situation, but I actually could see it possibly happening due to the commissioner implementing any rule he can with the flick of a pen to generate more revenue. As for church being a priority for viewers it becomes 50/50. As a former AAU athlete, I like others, would make that sacrifice early on to understand now how sports operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Last edited by shylo3716 : 10-26-2014 at 03:19 PM.
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are already a few games too many in London. Maybe one game a season or something, but logistically in terms of visas, jet lag, etc. it seems like a nightmare.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would make sense for the london game to be either followed by a bye or set after their thursday game.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year! (Sadness.)

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing the home game is so huge bc my falcons can't play on the road for anything. In a close game like today's with home field being worth 3 points that changes lots of games. Also for season ticket holders I wonder if they got a discount for having 1 less home game?
Old 10-26-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do the home teams get paid for losing a game?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideally, I would have the london game for 2 of the teams that will be on bye, so have (as a max), 5-6 london games (with 6 teams on bye)

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year! (Sadness.)

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any statistics that actually prove teams having to play the week before/after a London game see a real negative impact? I hear people complain, but have never seen anyone pull up the stats. If the NFL is adding more games, it's because the owners want it. With winning being so important to attendance, I doubt the owners would want it if it was actually having a negative impact on their team.

Also, I'm guessing the TV money the NFL makes by jettisoning one game to Europe is rather huge compared to having said game in its normal time slot. Fans are going to wake the **** up to watch no matter when their team is playing.

If every team has to play a London game, wouldn't that allow for teams to combine AWAY games rather than lose HOME games? If this is the case, it eliminates the major drawback of the current setup.

Last edited by nepg : 10-26-2014 at 04:59 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they're planning to have 5 games next season. It's all just testing for a London franchise. There's no need to have 16 games in London a season because any potential London team would only have 8 home games a season.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said yes so I can wake up like I did today and have a game on at 9:30 am.

Seemed legit for me.

Idc about the players.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that they are even thinking about a franchise in London.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they are going to have a game in London every week then they are going to have to add two weeks to the schedule . One "Neutral site" week and an additional bye. But then who plays on that extra week? An 18 week schedule cut off a preseason game add a bye could be awesome and a 9:30 game every week would rock my socks.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This poll needs a "I don't care one bit" option.

If the NFL wants to make me care, they should have London games played on Friday nights. I'd be 100% in favor of that.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

If the NFL wants to make me care, they should have London games played on Friday nights. I'd be 100% in favor of that.
Nothing's happening Friday or Saturday, because of conflicts with high school and college football.

Evenings wouldn't work, as they're 4 hours ahead of Eastern time, so a game starting at 8 eastern would start for them at midnight.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I think there are already a few games too many in London. Maybe one game a season or something, but logistically in terms of visas, jet lag, etc. it seems like a nightmare.
A visa? The games in London not Bejing.

East coast teams should have no problem it's not all that different than flying to the west coast. Leaving San Diego to fly to London wouldn't be much fun though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:19 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can only milk the cow for so long before it's dry. They go over there because it's an epic opportunity to sell jersies compared to the regular gameday experience. Now if you are planning to play more and more games over there. Eventually people won't need another jersey as they already have one from the game that rocked up the previous week.

If the plan is to test out a London Franchise then play 8 games over there in a calendar year. If they all sell out then it's time to do away with Jags and get that money.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The teams playing in London definitely need a bye week following. Other than that, we are likely going to see 5 games a year coming pretty quickly, with a team in London by 2020 followed quickly by a second team somewhere in Europe by 2023.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
You can only milk the cow for so long before it's dry. They go over there because it's an epic opportunity to sell jersies compared to the regular gameday experience. Now if you are planning to play more and more games over there. Eventually people won't need another jersey as they already have one from the game that rocked up the previous week.

If the plan is to test out a London Franchise then play 8 games over there in a calendar year. If they all sell out then it's time to do away with Jags and get that money.
It won't be Jacksonville. They just put $60 million into the stadium and have more plans coming. Then there is the lease, which runs through 2027. The Jaguars can only break the lease if (1) They lose money three years in a row. Considering how much money the NFL makes (Jaguars made $15.5 million in profit last year) that seems unlikely and (2) They must show that poor attendance is the reason for the loss of money. A common myth with the Jaguars is they can't sell tickets. Well, they haven't had a blackout since 2009. This year they are currently 21st in total attendance and 23rd in percent capacity.

Long story short, Oakland will likely be moving to LA (as soon as next year if multiple rumors I've heard are true) and St. Louis or Tampa would move to London within the next decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hope you aren't serious about friday night NFL games. As much as i love football it's becoming oversaturated. The number of divorces in here would probably double.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It won't be Jacksonville. They just put $60 million into the stadium and have more plans coming. Then there is the lease, which runs through 2027. The Jaguars can only break the lease if (1) They lose money three years in a row. Considering how much money the NFL makes (Jaguars made $15.5 million in profit last year) that seems unlikely and (2) They must show that poor attendance is the reason for the loss of money. A common myth with the Jaguars is they can't sell tickets. Well, they haven't had a blackout since 2009. This year they are currently 21st in total attendance and 23rd in percent capacity.

Long story short, Oakland will likely be moving to LA (as soon as next year if multiple rumors I've heard are true) and St. Louis or Tampa would move to London within the next decade.
I think it might be Tampa Bay, their owner owns Manchester United in England, so moving his football franchise to London would be a fit.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think it might be Tampa Bay, their owner owns Manchester United in England, so moving his football franchise to London would be a fit.
I doubt any team moves. Tampa is such a massive fan base, the NFL would be completely stupid to loose (not a typo) it. That's an incredibly profitable market.

If it's not Jacksonville (if the NFL wants the Jaguars out of JAX, they can get them out of JAX - the Jaguars can't "break the lease" if they don't exist), it will be an expansion team.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default It's the NFL

National football league. If they are thinking of adding a franchise in another country will they also change their name to the IFL for International Football League as well as their logo?

Due to the revenue sharing program winning is a bonus not a necessity. Of course the owners will want it because it will be an additional revenue stream. It does not mean that the fanbase of any team will really gain anything.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Brit, I don't actually want a franchise over here really and I don't think it would work. The current set up is great as we're gradually working through all the teams in the league coming over and everyone at some point will get to see their team.

I'm not sure the NFL realises that we're all heavily invested in our teams already, I know that I won't be changing my support over to the London franchise when it comes over, unless somehow the team that comes over is the Colts as that is where my loyalties lie. The thing that draws me to London every year is the interesting matchups rather than seeing Jacksonville for the third year in a row (which actually is a turn off, I'm missing that game).

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
As a Brit, I don't actually want a franchise over here really and I don't think it would work. The current set up is great as we're gradually working through all the teams in the league coming over and everyone at some point will get to see their team.

I'm not sure the NFL realises that we're all heavily invested in our teams already, I know that I won't be changing my support over to the London franchise when it comes over, unless somehow the team that comes over is the Colts as that is where my loyalties lie. The thing that draws me to London every year is the interesting matchups rather than seeing Jacksonville for the third year in a row (which actually is a turn off, I'm missing that game).
History clearly shows that people quickly change their loyalties once a home team comes to a city. It will be like your country against America and I doubt you will remain loyal to an American team although the Colts will likely still have a soft spot in your heart.

I have changed loyalties 3 times in my 71 years. When I was a kid growing up, Toronto TV only carried the Cleveland games and I became a very loyal fan of Cleveland. However, when Buffalo came into being in the NFL. their games became the only ones shown in Toronto and slowly I switched my loyalties to Buffalo, since I could no longer get Brown's games on my TV.
Finally I moved very close to Detroit 25 years ago and gradually became a fan. I still have a very soft spot for both Cleveland and Buffalo and consider myself a fan of all three even though over the last decade or so, they have been 3 of the worst franchises in the NFL.

Truly, I'd be shocked if you didn't become a fan of your English team after you begin to see American headlines talk about beating the Brits if your team stinks at the start, especially if your games are the only ones shown on your TV.