Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Now see, this is the kind of post that normally would offend me. But in this instance, all it really does is underscore what an absolute moron you are. You are apparently so misguided, so delusional, and so arrogant that you can not even conceive of the possibility that you might be wrong about something you formed all your opinions about based on superficial (and often inaccurate or distorted) information.

In all sincerity, this is worse than the belief that the world was flat all those years ago. You formed your opinion on such shaky grounds and with such little thought, yet when someone provides irrefutable evidence to the contrary of your false belief, a belief you never actually gave much thought, you refuse to even acknowledge it. And it's clear you never gave it much thought - why would you? You're a Raiders fan. Not to mention, the very belief that someone who opposes the going anti-Owens rhetoric must be "trolling" establishes a severe lack of interest in the subject matter.

It's not the stupidity that bothers me as much as the arrogance. Where does someone like you, someone who clearly possesses no knowledge whatsoever on the subject, get off telling someone like me, an expert on the subject, that he doesn't know what he's talking about? I may have some misguided views on physics, but if Stephen Hawking tells me why I'm wrong through his electronic voice, I'm not about to accuse him of "trolling."

People like you are everything that's wrong with society. You hold our species back with your dogmatic stupidity. Simply put, you're a joke. A joke in the black comedy that is life.
And I'M the arrogant one? haha I like how you pretend like my affiliation to the Raider's fan base is some how irrelevant. Nice try but no dice brosky.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He is probably gonna make it too and there is no way he should. He is hall of very good and Steelers/popular. Great guy but there are tons of guys I take first.
I think he should. I agree that there are a lot of other players who should be ahead of him, but that doesn't mean I think he should be left out. He was a big part of one of the more dominant teams in the NFL during his time there.

I don't expect people to agree with me, but I think it's okay for fans to disagree about who gets in and who doesn't when it comes to the NFL hall of fame :)

Last edited by Bengalsrocket : 11-07-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket
I think he should. I agree that there are a lot of other players who should be ahead of him, but that doesn't mean I think he should be left out. He was a big part of one of the more dominant teams in the NFL during his time there.

I don't expect people to agree with me, but I think it's okay for fans to disagree about who gets in and who doesn't when it comes to the NFL hall of fame :)
He is the epitome of Hall of Very Good. Just like the teams he played for. Remember he only won a Superbowl as a complementary Runner. If he gets in. It opens the door for the likes of Curtis Martin and Corey Dillon.

He will probably get in on the Steeler rule. But I don't think he should.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, what team will Michael Vick be playing for next year?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is his contract up? Does anyone give him a chance to compete for a starting job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
So, what team will Michael Vick be playing for next year?
Kansas City?

Maybe he's brought in by somebody as a mentor to Manziel?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is his contract up?
Yep.

Quote:
Does anyone give him a chance to compete for a starting job?
Minnesota? Jacksonville? Arizona if they decide to move on from Palmer?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
If Taber would just stick with "Welker is overrated" and skip the "Edelman is just as good" I would actually agree with him on a lot of points here.
I think it's now clear to everyone watching that Edelman is better than Welker.

Bigger, stronger, faster, much better after the catch, much more of a deep threat, better leaping ability, and he even has better hands despite being a converted quarterback. The only thing Welker may have on him is durability, but so far Edelman's been holding up this year.

Funny enough, I've actually sort of developed a respect for Edelman as a player, apart from the system. He's actually a pretty impressive athlete and is exceptional with the ball in his hands. He actually makes defenders miss one-on-one, unlike Welker. You can throw him quick screens at the line of scrimmage and he can elude guys or break tackles. He's a legitimately good punt returner. Great stop-and-start ability. He doesn't need a convoy of blockers to gain yards after the catch, unlike Welker.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Control
Rookie

Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control

Quote:

Bigger, stronger, faster, much better after the catch, much more of a deep threat, better leaping ability, and he even has better hands despite being a converted quarterback. The only thing Welker may have on him is durability, but so far Edelman's been holding up this year.

Funny enough, I've actually sort of developed a respect for Edelman as a player, apart from the system. He's actually a pretty impressive athlete and is exceptional with the ball in his hands. He actually makes defenders miss one-on-one, unlike Welker. You can throw him quick screens at the line of scrimmage and he can elude guys or break tackles. He's a legitimately good punt returner. Great stop-and-start ability. He doesn't need a convoy of blockers to gain yards after the catch, unlike Welker.
This is dead on. Anyone who has been watching the games and has any functioning brain cells can see the system in action, and can see that Edelman has more talent executing within that system. If it weren't for the Patriots trying to phase in Amendola for a few games, he'd be on track to beat any of Welker's seasons with New England.
Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so this "was" the Tony Romo is better than Tom Brady thread originally?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control View Post
This is dead on. Anyone who has been watching the games and has any functioning brain cells can see the system in action, and can see that Edelman has more talent executing within that system. If it weren't for the Patriots trying to phase in Amendola for a few games, he'd be on track to beat any of Welker's seasons with New England.
Amendola is better, so why shouldn't they "phase in" Amendola?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Amendola is better, so why shouldn't they "phase in" Amendola?
Amendola is not better than Edelman. They've phased Amendola back out the last 2 weeks upon realizing this.

There isn't a single thing Amendola does better than Edelman. They made a huge mistake giving him that contract.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are plenty of things that Amendola does better than Edelman just as there are plenty of things Edelman does better than Amendola. Why do people see slot WRs and assume they all play the same way.

Amendola is much, much better at stretching the seam and running by people but he can't make people miss like Edelman can. Edelman has good hands and that shake ability to get free from even tight coverage, however he can't really work the middle of the field like either Amendola or Welker.

The player Edelman reminds me of as a receiver is Shane Vereen. The Pats try to get both into similar situations. Get the ball in the flat and let him make a guy miss.

As for Edelman and Welker, Edelman can break free from coverage but nowhere near as well as Welker can. He doesn't have anywhere near as much refinement in his route running. Hands are an issue with Welker but he is basically always open.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
There are plenty of things that Amendola does better than Edelman just as there are plenty of things Edelman does better than Amendola. Why do people see slot WRs and assume they all play the same way.

Amendola is much, much better at stretching the seam and running by people but he can't make people miss like Edelman can.
When has he ever done this? Edelman is much faster than Amendola and clearly better at running by people, given that he's burned people deep several times, only for Brady to throw an inaccurate deep ball. In yesterday's game, he actually beat double coverage deep, only for Brady to overthrow him.

Amendola is slow as molasses and his only big play this year was on a blown coverage.

Quote:
Edelman has good hands and that shake ability to get free from even tight coverage, however he can't really work the middle of the field like either Amendola or Welker.
He's been working the middle of the field extremely well. What are you watching?

Quote:
The player Edelman reminds me of as a receiver is Shane Vereen. The Pats try to get both into similar situations. Get the ball in the flat and let him make a guy miss.

As for Edelman and Welker, Edelman can break free from coverage but nowhere near as well as Welker can. He doesn't have anywhere near as much refinement in his route running. Hands are an issue with Welker but he is basically always open.
Edelman has demonstrated enough "refinement" to post the same number of catches as Welker in this system. If not for Amendola interfering for a few games and forcing Edelman to rotate at the split end spot, he'd be on track for 120 catches himself.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO, another alternate account.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

close this troll thread
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
LMAO, another alternate account.
I know right. It's obvious that it's still him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When has he ever done this? Edelman is much faster than Amendola and clearly better at running by people, given that he's burned people deep several times, only for Brady to throw an inaccurate deep ball. In yesterday's game, he actually beat double coverage deep, only for Brady to overthrow him.

Amendola is slow as molasses and his only big play this year was on a blown coverage.

And Brady has overthrown Amendola on numerous occassions. Against Carolina Amendola ran straight down the seam for a 20 yard pick up when he just ran past his defender. Edelman's game is all about using his shiftiness to get that extra yard.

He's been working the middle of the field extremely well. What are you watching?

Patriots games, you know funny enough. Edelman works best in space. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you. And the Pats scheme to get him in space.

Edelman has demonstrated enough "refinement" to post the same number of catches as Welker in this system. If not for Amendola interfering for a few games and forcing Edelman to rotate at the split end spot, he'd be on track for 120 catches himself.
Edelman has 70 catches through 12 games this year and has played numerous games without either Gronk or Amendola leaving a stellar receiving corps of Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson, Michael Hoomanawanui and Mulligan.

Welker averaged over 110 catches per year when playing full seasons with Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. Not exactly the same!

If there's less options of course Brady is going to go to the player he trusts. Edelman has the ability to dominate when he gets the ball often in space, however that doesn't happen without Gronk taking coverage away. Welker got his catches no matter who was there because he was always consistently open

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of keeping this thread. It's like we quarantined all the trolls in one place.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess that's sensible.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did 'system' become a bad word in the NFL??

IMO all it means is you build an offense or defense around what your players do best, then go kick the other team's ass.

Not every player selected in the draft is totally scheme versatile. So what??

If you're good at what you can do and do it better than anyone else in the league, that means you're a great player regardless.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
I know right. It's obvious that it's still him too.
Tell the mods to check the IP if you're so sure, then.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
And Brady has overthrown Amendola on numerous occassions. Against Carolina Amendola ran straight down the seam for a 20 yard pick up when he just ran past his defender. Edelman's game is all about using his shiftiness to get that extra yard.
No, Edelman can run by people much better than Amendola. His game isn't limited to "using his shiftiness to get the extra yard." Amendola is the one who is limited.

Your claim of Amendola running down the seam for a 20 yard pickup against Carolina is false. Do you know how I know that? I know this because Amendola's longest reception in that game was 13 yards. Check it out for yourself.

Quote:
Patriots games, you know funny enough. Edelman works best in space. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you. And the Pats scheme to get him in space.
Clearly not, or you would see Edelman has made countless receptions over the middle. In the last game, he caught multiple passes over the middle.

He "works best in space?" Well gee...there's a statement that is true for ever player in NFL history. Wow, so you mean when an offensive skill position player has space around him, he's more effective? Stop the f'n presses!

What you're really trying to avoid saying is that Edelman is infinitely better after the catch than Welker. Edelman can make people miss, Welker can't. Welker needs a convoy of blockers or lots of open space to pick up anything at all after he catches the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Edelman has 70 catches through 12 games this year and has played numerous games without either Gronk or Amendola leaving a stellar receiving corps of Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson, Michael Hoomanawanui and Mulligan.

Welker averaged over 110 catches per year when playing full seasons with Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. Not exactly the same!

If there's less options of course Brady is going to go to the player he trusts. Edelman has the ability to dominate when he gets the ball often in space, however that doesn't happen without Gronk taking coverage away. Welker got his catches no matter who was there because he was always consistently open
Blah blah blah. Stay with me here - Edelman, when he's been the featured slot receiver, has duplicated/exceeded Welker's production as the featured slot receiver in New England. The only thing that kept him from duplicating/exceeding Welker's prior cumulative production for this season was Amendola being inserted into the feature slot role in weeks 5, 8, 9, and 10. Edelman was relegated to lining up at split end those weeks, which is not a position conducive to production in the Patriots' offense. Ask Donte Stallworth and Brandon Lloyd if you don't believe me.

And finally, let's compare Edelman's numbers this year to Welker's.

Edelman: 70-711-4
Welker: 68-717-9

The only real difference between the two statistically this year is Welker's touchdowns, in which 6 of the 9 came off pick plays from inside the 5 that literally the average man off the street could have caught.

Now, for people who don't care about system and all, this is utterly damning for Welker. Denver, New England, what's the difference, right? But I'm not like that.

I'll readily acknowledge Edelman is in the same system that inflated Welker's numbers to the moon all those years he played in New England. And Edelman would be crushing Welker statistically (except for in TDs) if it weren't for Amendola's interference.