Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
If he deserved the snaps he would get them. NFL teams aren't in the business of keeping their best players on the bench.
Nah, coaches are completely infallible and never fall prey to locker-room politics or feel pressure from owners/GMs to play the guys with the fat contracts, and they certainly never stubbornly fit worse players into "their system" because those worse players are a better fit in that system (in their mind) than a superior all-around player who doesn't fit that system.

Never.
Jomoz (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

which is why no one even wants to trade for the greatest pass rusher of our generation. because locker room politics. or something.

seriously, stop creating new accounts. it's pathetic and transparent.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
which is why no one even wants to trade for the greatest pass rusher of our generation. because locker room politics. or something.

seriously, stop creating new accounts. it's pathetic and transparent.
How do you know what trade inquiries have or haven't been made regarding Graham? You have no clue at all about who in the NFL wants him. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 4-3 teams that are salivating at the prospect of signing him once he hits free agency or even making a trade for him.

And no, he's not the "best pass rusher of our generation". That's ridiculous. I just don't think he's the "bust" that people make him out to be. In a 4-3 system as a starter, he's a top-10 pass rusher. He's not JJ Watt or Robert Quinn, but he's easily a consistent 10+ sack guy.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
How do you know what trade inquiries have or haven't been made regarding Graham? You have no clue at all about who in the NFL wants him. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 4-3 teams that are salivating at the prospect of signing him once he hits free agency or even making a trade for him.

And no, he's not the "best pass rusher of our generation". That's ridiculous. I just don't think he's the "bust" that people make him out to be. In a 4-3 system as a starter, he's a top-10 pass rusher. He's not JJ Watt or Robert Quinn, but he's easily a consistent 10+ sack guy.
if he's utterly irrelevant in the eagles' plans but he's actually that talented, then no doubt someone made a reasonable offer at some point over the last two years. or are the eagles refusing the trade him, because a backup DE they won't play is just way too valuable.

and where, specifically, did someone make him out to be a bust? i think people are just arguing with your 'best pass rusher in the league' nonsense, but maybe i missed a post.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
if he's utterly irrelevant in the eagles' plans but he's actually that talented, then no doubt someone made a reasonable offer at some point over the last two years. or are the eagles refusing the trade him, because a backup DE they won't play is just way too valuable.

and where, specifically, did someone make him out to be a bust? i think people are just arguing with your 'best pass rusher in the league' nonsense, but maybe i missed a post.
I never said he was the "best pass rusher in the league". You're putting words in my mouth.

I said he was better than Jason Pierre Paul, and that he was a more productive player going forward into the future if he was given the same chance to be a starter as Pierre Paul. And that he would be a top-10 DE for any team that makes him a full-time starter.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Of course nothing conclusive. But you could find the individual correlations and just say "Adjusted yards per attempte differential has the highest correlations to wins at 78%."
I'm not sure that would be statistically meaningful though. Just picking a variable with the best predictive value, doesn't take into account relationships between independent variables which in football would most definitely exist.

I think people have tried, but academically speaking, I'm not sure you could directionally argue causality any which way because of how interrelated all of the statistics are.

For example you may have a .7 r2 for turnover differential and wins, and a .65 r2 for rushing over 4.0 ypc and wins. However rushing yards may have a .90 r2 with turnover differential. What stat is driving the other in this case? Just because you have the highest r2 doesn't mean that it is a great predictive variable.

Considering how much attention a study like this would garner, and the fact that there are probably financial incentives out there to do so, and the fact that nothing highly publicized is out there, makes me believe that it's too difficult to do without having your assumptions torn apart.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
I never said he was the "best pass rusher in the league". You're putting words in my mouth.

I said he was better than Jason Pierre Paul, and that he was a more productive player going forward into the future if he was given the same chance to be a starter as Pierre Paul. And that he would be a top-10 DE for any team that makes him a full-time starter.
potAto/potAHto.

either way, locker room politics was and is a weak excuse.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Thumper remember when you said Earl Thomas (the other guy you hate bc the Eagles should have drafted him over Graham too) sucked?

How is that turning out for you?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Hey Thumper remember when you said Earl Thomas (the other guy you hate bc the Eagles should have drafted him over Graham too) sucked?

How is that turning out for you?
Earl Thomas is a solid safety but I would always take a good pass rusher over a good safety.

The reason the Seahawks defense is #1 in the NFL has more to do with Cris Clemons, Bruce Irvin, Michael Bennet, Cliff Avril, Red Bryant, Brandon Mebane, Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner and the coaching of Pete Carroll than with Earl Thomas.

Earl Thomas has the easiest job in the NFL - deep safety in a Cover-3 shell where all he has to do is fly to the football. He rarely has to play man coverage 1-on-1 or make a solo tackle 1-on-1 with the RB in the hole. And when he does, he often fails.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
potAto/potAHto.

either way, locker room politics was and is a weak excuse.
Saying someone is a good player (top-10 at his position) and better than a similar player drafted in the same round of the same draft class is a WHOLE OTHER argument than saying "he is the best pass rusher in the league".

You can't equate the two arguments.

I could say that Eli Manning is a top-10 QB (having a down year) based on his historical stats and his win-loss record and I could advance a very good argument for it.

But then if I were to turn around and try to argue that Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFL, or has ever at any point been the best QB in the league, I'd be laughed out of the room.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I know Thumper has provided us with tons of the funny with his massive mancrush on Mr. Kevin Kolbbzzzzzz, but do you remember when he went all J-mike on the forum, too? Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Go back to Mexico you fat beaner.
Quote:
Oh, you're one of those funny guys are you? You know what else is funny? This. Is that anyone from your family? Maybe you could put us in touch, I need my lawn mowed.
Quote:
Dang, how did you know? You really should go back to Mexico, I bet the government could find a use for your psychic abilities, maybe you could help them locate some Cartel leaders or something. You'll be a hero! Though I doubt you will seeing as it would require you to betray family.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yes it is. We saw this one coming a mile away. So now it's Thumper/JBCX/AcheTen/Jomoz and I think I might be missing one more.
I believe he was LitoSheppard before he was Thumper.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

What's funny is that while, yes, I have posted on this forum under other names like "Morton" and "JBCX", Thumper is actually a completely different person.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esean-jackson/

Quote:
Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson has at least 375,000 reasons to want a new contract.

According to FOX 29 in Philly, burglars struck at Jackson’s home in South Philadelphia, removing $250,000 in cash, $125,000 in jewelry, and two semi-automatic handguns.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$250K in cash. What a moron.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
drug money, homie
Old 01-11-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guns, too. It's strange how there're always guns.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which offense had the better overall offensive skill position talent in 2013, the Bengals or the Niners?? I say Cincy.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
drug money, homie
That's way too much for drugs. That's show-people money. Whoever stole from him probably saw it there one day while he was showing it off while waving a gun and talking about how he'd protect all his **** personally, then they stole the guns, too, 'cause DeSean's a poser fool and is not actually gangster.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:30 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some money has to be laundered before it can be invested.

I have a feeling that Desean is going to be getting a call from the IRS.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:44 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH
Some money has to be laundered before it can be invested.

I have a feeling that Desean is going to be getting a call from the IRS.
Who needs to launder "clean" money?

Surely he's not silly enough to get involved in gang **** or drugs.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Who needs to launder "clean" money?

Surely he's not silly enough to get involved in gang **** or drugs.
No one ever thought Sam Hurd was a wannabe drug lord, either. Or that Aaron Hernandez would be a wannabe mafioso. Or that Marvin Harrison was a gun-toting murderous psycho. Or that Tank Johnson would have a bunch of machine guns in his house.

I'm not necessarily agreeing Desean had drug money, as there's been no evidence of that, but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand as silly, either. NFL players have shown time and time again to be some silly bastards.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson needed all those guns to protect his house from being robbed. I see they did the job just fine.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly fans better hope he's not involved in a gambling ring.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Guns, too. It's strange how there're always guns.
Hey. He needs those guns to fend off burglars.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was laundering the money through his record company.