Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-02-2014, 01:19 AM    (permalink
ios3fa
Rookie

ios3fa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if Khalil is there he'll be the pick for sure. the guys tape is undeniable and he's killed the combine/pro day circuit. with us taking Hayden last year, I think it shows level of competition wont scare us away. his versitility can become the cornerstone of this defense, and I like the thought of him, Moore, & Burris together
ios3fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really excited to see what Burris can do for us this year, I liked the kid coming out plus he actually played with my older brother in a HS All Star game.

With no Desean in Oakland now, my top 5 big board would be:

1 Clowney
2 Manziel
3 Bortles
4 Mack
5 Watkins

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miles Burris? The backup MLB? Hm.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater
Robinson
Mack
Trade down
Watkins

Outside of that group will be disappointing.

God damn it.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Bridgewater
Robinson
Mack
Trade down
Watkins

Outside of that group will be disappointing.
Yup Yup Yup

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Robinson but it would be hard to pass on guys who actually fill a need. Watson is our projected future LT after being a 2nd round pick last year.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-13-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Alright so the Forum Mock on this site is into the mid 3rd and this is how I've done:

Traded down from #5 to 13 plus 2nd and 4th

Draft

1 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
2 Stephon Tuitt DT/DE Notre Dame
2 Kony Ealy DE/OLB Missouri
3 Jarvis Landry WR LSU

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's an interesting 2nd round you had there.

I'm not sure the purpose of Tuitt and Ealy both in the 2nd round unless you plan on moving the Raiders to a 3-4.

Raiders didn't address the line for the longterm, but after signing both Tuck and Woodley, in my mind the Raiders need 1 edge rusher and 1 big body on the interior. Tuitt and Ealy are an interesting match. I'm actually not a huge fan of Tuitt in a 4-3 at the top of the 2nd round at all.

Landry is a solid pickup in the 3rd, but I question if he isn't maybe redundant with all the "guys" the Raiders have at WR. If the Raiders address WR, I would want to seem them pick a guy who can be explosive since they have so many guys who can be solid pass catchers/move the chains WRs already.

I think I might have gone Ford or Ealy with that 1st choice in the 2nd round then probably Gabe Jackson or David Yankey with the next choice. Maybe look at SJB in the 3rd to address CB rather than taking a good but likely redundant WR.

I think from here, the Raiders need to take a CB and OG. If you plan to play Tuitt on the outside, I would take a big body like McCullers as well.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I plan on having Tuitt as a UT, and also show more 3-4 looks with the recent signings plus Ealy can easily play in both schemes as well. Having talent an depth on the dline was a huge reason to why Seattle dominated, and I think our dline with my additions would be very improved.

4-3
DE Woodley/Ealy
NT McGee/Sims
UT Smith/Tuitt
DE Tutt/Wilson/Crawford

3-4

DE Smith/Tuitt
NT McGee/Sims
DE Tutt/Wilson/Crawford

OLB Woodley
LB Roach/Maiava
LB Burnett/Burris
OLB Ealy/Moore

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-14-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Alright so the Forum Mock on this site is into the mid 3rd and this is how I've done:

Traded down from #5 to 13 plus 2nd and 4th

Draft

1 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
2 Stephon Tuitt DT/DE Notre Dame
2 Kony Ealy DE/OLB Missouri
3 Jarvis Landry WR LSU
Added Cyril Richardson OG Baylor and Dontae Johnson CB/FS North Carolina State in the 4th

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 05-11-2014, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping DJ Coles makes the team and pans out. Good size for a receiver. Scott Simonson could be alright. Atkins is another guy who I think will stick. So far only those 3 UDFA I hope/think will stick.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Aside from the Carr and McGill picks, I really dig this draft. Hopefully those two can turn out better than I expect.

God damn it.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Meklu
Rookie

Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.Meklu could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Aside from the Carr and McGill picks, I really dig this draft. Hopefully those two can turn out better than I expect.
McGill strikes me as a player who got overdrafted because of his size. Still, he has good potential and was pretty good value there.

I'm really high on Carrie after looking into him more. Shelby Harris looks like a waste of a draft pick, I think he could've just been an UDFA pick up. Dowling is a good 7th round flyer. Very talented but seems like an idiot, maybe Woodson will show him how to be a pro.
Meklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

From what I've seen McGill got 3/4 round grades from most draft sites, so I'm fine with the pick especially since he brings a bigger presence at CB. He should be our 4th CB and even FS at times too.

I think Dowling makes our 53 man roster

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 05-13-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What pisses me off the most about Carr is that we're probably going to pass on a premier QB next draft.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
What pisses me off the most about Carr is that we're probably going to pass on a premier QB next draft.
Yeah...I would have loved a shot at Mariota but idk if we'll pick in that range and we wouldn't just throw away Carr.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

McKenzie/Allen had to go QB this year to try and a save their jobs plus added Schaub. Carr is the guy they really liked and i think he'll end up a lot better than Wilson, Pryor and Russell (last 3 QB's drafted).

If our oline improves the running game will be our focus on offense. MJD still has gas left and hopefully settles into more of a secondary role.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 05-15-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Not sure how much faith I have in MJD.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-16-2014, 02:19 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Not sure how much faith I have in MJD.
He's under 30, played with the worst offense/oline in the NFL last year and isn't far removed from leading the league in rushing. He'll be an improvement over what Jennings did for us last year and he was 1 of the few bright spots on offense.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 05-16-2014, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's under 30, played with the worst offense/oline in the NFL last year and isn't far removed from leading the league in rushing. He'll be an improvement over what Jennings did for us last year and he was 1 of the few bright spots on offense.
He's also shouldered that woeful team alone and been run into oblivion and is having injury problems.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-16-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD has a lot of wear and tear on him. I don't see any 1 of our backs being a stand out, I'm guessing we'll see a committee.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's incredibly unlikely. When RBs start breaking down around age 30, it's usually just about over for them. There's no reason to expect our RB stable to be anything but a weakness.

Reece is our best RB option, and I don't envision him getting many carries until attrition forces him into the starting halfback role again.

It was discouraging to see us make no effort to upgrade at RB, or to even maintain the status quo. Another highly questionable move by McKenzie.

The upside to our ground game is that we seem to have upgraded at both guard spots. That's damn encouraging.

LT will be a problem area on pass downs, but Penn should at least contribute as a run blocker.

God damn it.

Last edited by Abaddon : 05-18-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Here's hoping George Atkinson III can pull some voodoo off and be a good player as an UDFA. Doesn't even need to be all that good...just enough to make the running game competent and aid the pass

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Here's hoping George Atkinson III can pull some voodoo off and be a good player as an UDFA. Doesn't even need to be all that good...just enough to make the running game competent and aid the pass
I think he was brought in more for a special teams/returner role. He won't see the field enough as a RB to make a difference.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I think he was brought in more for a special teams/returner role. He won't see the field enough as a RB to make a difference.
This. In all likelihood, he's competing with Carrie for the return man gig.

If he sticks and plays any offense, that would have to be considered a surprise.

God damn it.