Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can definitely win this game, but no way should we be favored even if it was @ Doak.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
We can definitely win this game, but no way should we be favored even if it was @ Doak.
At Doak Campbell we would and should be favored as it removes the crowd factor for our Freshman QB. That said not by more than -3, not the nearly -10 we'd likely get. Last year was just as absurd, I think we were like -18, which just screamed that Clemson could cover late in a meaningless way (which they did).
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Just found this article (which isn't where it was explained to me) but I find it interesting from the preseason to right now the line moved from -2 Clemson to +3, nearly a TD in movement through 5 games.

I get back then they weren't factoring how soon Jameis Winston would become a star but it still seems like Clemson is getting really disrespected by Vegas. I believe FSU can win this game, but I don't think there is anyway they should be favored.
I wouldn't trust any line set that far back. There are too many factors to consider. Generally the line is released on Monday of each week.

I think FSU should win. I'm never big on Clemson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
At Doak Campbell we would and should be favored as it removes the crowd factor for our Freshman QB. That said not by more than -3, not the nearly -10 we'd likely get. Last year was just as absurd, I think we were like -18, which just screamed that Clemson could cover late in a meaningless way (which they did).
I'm taking the team with the better QB and that's FSU, hands down.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm taking the team with the better QB and that's FSU, hands down.
I agree, Jameis has looked great. Interested to see if the atmosphere effects him at all, but I doubt it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I agree, Jameis has looked great. Interested to see if the atmosphere effects him at all, but I doubt it will.
It will be interesting - Usual at Clemson, they coming running down the hill and then we go on to play like a HS team.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-15-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like FSU for sure.

Couple big games I'm not gonna be happy about missing.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

It's only Tuesday nite?? Damn.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida has a rough schedule this week and the rest of season to even get into the bowl bid. I just hope we can hold it together.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It will be interesting - Usual at Clemson, they coming running down the hill and then we go on to play like a HS team.
Death Valley isn't an easy place to play.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanted UF to do well to make Miami look good but ahh **** em.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That wasn't the case in 2011, we played well, the refs just chose to play for Clemson that day and bailed them out time and time again with awful calls. Besides, Clint Trickett went in as a RS-Freshman and lit a comparable Clemson defense up.

2003 was the most frustrating loss as it kept us out of the BCS CG.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach O had Marcus Allen talk to the team prior to the UA game and now before the Notre Dame game he has the one and only Ray Lewis meet with the team before the big rivalry game.

Gotta love Coach O.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trey Metoyer arrested for, well...

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Trey Metoyer arrested for, well...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ecent-exposure

Quote:
A probable cause affadavit obtained by SoonerScoop.com stated that Metoyer exposed himself to a female victim and performed a lewd act in a Norman parking lot Aug. 29. According to the affadavit, Metoyer then approached a second victim while she was walking her dog Sept. 17. After asking to borrow an ink pen, Metoyer allegedly exposed himself and repeated the lewd act when the woman came back out of her apartment with the pen.
Didn't Michigan have a player do this as well in the past 10 years or so?

This has got to be the dumbest way a 5* recruit has thrown his career away. At least with the pot heads you sorta get it, but this? I mean really, how hard would it be for him to find many willing coeds or frat boys on campus to help him out?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...-chiefs-record

So Clemson is going on record saying they want to break this record?

I'd actually think that open ended side by Howard's Rock would severely inhibit their chances. But good to know the school is focused on meaningless stupidity and not beating FSU.

To prepare for this, in the spanky new Indoor Practice Facility the coaches are pumping sound into the facility during practice to attempt to simulate the environment.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhh yea I'm sure because the AD is hyping that up that the team isn't focused on beating FSU.

And FSU is also the first team in the history of sports to pump in crowd noise during practice. Or the millionth I'm not sure.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-16-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Ahhh yea I'm sure because the AD is hyping that up that the team isn't focused on beating FSU.

And FSU is also the first team in the history of sports to pump in crowd noise during practice. Or the millionth I'm not sure.

The funny thing is that the hype for creating stadium noise is for the crowd and student body. I have no idea how that would distract the team leading up to the game since, you know, they are on the field...playing.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

The funny thing is that the hype for creating stadium noise is for the crowd and student body. I have no idea how that would distract the team leading up to the game since, you know, they are on the field...playing.
Because this is their head coach (although everyone know Chad Morris deserves every ounce of credit for their success)

Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dabo Swinney is a clown. He has a point there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

ESPN announced their every so important midseason All American team.

Even I didn't see Nick O'Leary being the 1st Team Tight End with his mind bottling 11 catches.

Did however call Cameron Erving having an All American caliber season.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even I didn't see Nick O'Leary being the 1st Team Tight End with his mind bottling 11 catches.
You should probably see someone about that, or have someone stop bottling your mind.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Florida has a rough schedule this week and the rest of season to even get into the bowl bid. I just hope we can hold it together.
They play Missouri without Franklin and then later have two cupcakes in Vandy and Georgia Southern.

Florida is going to play well with that defense especially when they don't have a pro style QB who can challenge them down field. Teddy Bridgewater and Zach Mettenberger sort of exposed them in that area.

It was sort of thought that you get rid of Jeff Driskel all would be well there but for all his shortcomings it wasn't his fault the line couldn't block and the receivers couldn't get open.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
They play Missouri without Franklin and then later have two cupcakes in Vandy and Georgia Southern.

Florida is going to play well with that defense especially when they don't have a pro style QB who can challenge them down field. Teddy Bridgewater and Zach Mettenberger sort of exposed them in that area.

It was sort of thought that you get rid of Jeff Driskel all would be well there but for all his shortcomings it wasn't his fault the line couldn't block and the receivers couldn't get open.
Vanderbilt historically plays Florida tough, even back in the 90's when Vandy was as bad as bad could be they kept games competitive with Florida (in 1996, Florida only won 28-21 vs. a 2-9 Vandy squad). Eventually they'll win one and this looks like the best chance in a long time, regardless of how Vandy has played this season. It is just one of those weird things that there is no real explanation for.

I expect Florida to get to 6 or 7 wins but I don't see how they are going to beat Georgia, South Carolina, or Florida State this season.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Erving hasn't remotely had an AA season so far.

<njx9> <3 dg