Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idea that he's only a lob-pass or jump-ball WR is ridiculous. It's clear that those of you making that assessment are not watching his games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is he fast enough now? I don't know why I'm just not that surprised because it was obvious he had a gear guys like Brandon Coleman and Kelvin Benjamin don't have. He's making it look easy and the only question I have is how high has he elevated his stock? He's not a bad option for STL in a trade back scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I like Mike Evans a lot, but in my time of seriously evaluating draft prospects, if there is one type of player I tend to over value and they end up underwhelming, it's the big, jump ball receiver type.. So it gives me a pause.
And while this absolutely may be true, because of it there is also the other crowd that wants to knock any big jumpball WR just to be different. I remember when Josh Gordon was just good because he was tall and in trouble and stuff. There is a reason that type gets overvalued. Because 6'4 WRs who are 230lbs and can run like the wind are highly valuable because when it pans out its usually a homerun and a difference maker.

But for every James Hardy and Limas Sweed there is Tedd Ginn and AJ Jenkins for small fast WRs overdrafted and turned bust. It's not just one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So is he fast enough now? I don't know why I'm just not that surprised because it was obvious he had a gear guys like Brandon Coleman and Kelvin Benjamin don't have. He's making it look easy and the only question I have is how high has he elevated his stock? He's not a bad option for STL in a trade back scenario.
I think Evans has a chance to sneak in the Top 10. Detroit has needs defensively, but they may intrigued by another big receiver to pair with Calvin and help out Stafford.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think Evans has a chance to sneak in the Top 10. Detroit has needs defensively, but they may intrigued by another big receiver to pair with Calvin and help out Stafford.
It would be a luxury pick for sure, but man, how do you defend those 2 WRs? You basically have to play 2 deep safeties on 100% of plays. If I get single coverage for Calvin or Evans on any play, I'm going to them downfield.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Coleman was right on his heels in the forty, the difference between 4.47 and 4.5 is minuscule. Evans is clealy the better prospect because of his production and consistent hands but Brandon ceiling is just as high. Someone is going to be very happy when they pluck Coleman in rounds 2-3 and let him develop a bit.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I want him in Sf. But no one else does.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Coleman was right on his heels in the forty, the difference between 4.47 and 4.5 is minuscule. Evans is clealy the better prospect because of his production and consistent hands but Brandon ceiling is just as high. Someone is going to be very happy when they pluck Coleman in rounds 2-3 and let him develop a bit.
Didn't Brandon Coleman have the worst short shuttle and 3-cone times of all wide receivers at the Combine? Just what I heard, but those are the most important numbers for tall wide receivers; not just the 40 time, which can be very deceiving. I didn't watch much of the Combine, and didn't see any of the WR drills. I don't think Coleman has any future whatsoever, and he's not nearly on the same level as Mike Evans. His ceiling is not "just as high." In three years some team would be pissed off if they wasted a 2nd or 3rd pick on Coleman. I'd be shocked if that happened though. Round 4 might be a waste of a pick. Martavis Bryant or Donte Moncrief are much better big WR prospects in this draft after Mike Williams.

Just looking at Evans' Combine numbers I don't see anything that really surprises. He ran what I expected him to run, but I thought he needed to run faster to warrant a high first round grade. His size and arm length is really exceptional. 3-cone was very average and short shuttle was decent. Vertical was very good, as expected. I don't know how he looked in the drills, but the numbers don't surprise me either way.

Solid 1st Round caliber player with #1 potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 02-26-2014 at 08:53 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Didn't Brandon Coleman have the worst short shuttle and 3-cone times of all wide receivers at the Combine? Just what I heard, but those are the most important numbers for tall wide receivers; not just the 40 time, which can be very deceiving. I didn't watch much of the Combine, and didn't see any of the WR drills. I don't think Coleman has any future whatsoever, and he's not nearly on the same level as Mike Evans. His ceiling is not "just as high." In three years some team would be pissed off if they wasted a 2nd or 3rd pick on Coleman. I'd be shocked if that happened though. Round 4 might be a waste of a pick. Martavis Bryant or Donte Moncrief are much better big WR prospects in this draft after Mike Williams.

Just looking at Evans' Combine numbers I don't see anything that really surprises. He ran what I expected him to run, but I thought he needed to run faster to warrant a high first round grade. His size and arm length is really exceptional. 3-cone was very average and short shuttle was decent. Vertical was very good, as expected. I don't know how he looked in the drills, but the numbers don't surprise me either way.

Solid 1st Round caliber player with #1 potential.
I have also made the mistake of calling him Mike Williams. Might be a bad sign, a Freudian slip.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote