Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Gil Brandt's Updated Top 100 Senior Rankings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...to-top-of-list

Some interesting additions.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still no Morgan Breslin?
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daniel McCullers doesn't deserve to be that highly ranked.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Big Planet Theory
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
Still no Morgan Breslin?
I am not on the Breslin bandwagon and have him as a mid-to-late rounder. From what I've seen he's extremely soft with a finesse game and basically a one-trick pony with speed off the edge. I have a hard time seeing him as anything more than a situational pass rusher, whether it be at defensive end or outside linebacker. I am going to check him out again this weekend.

Quote:
Doubt McCullers will go in Round 1 simply because guys like him tend to slide into the second day but I am a fan. Needs to utilize better leverage but can be downright dominant at times and is a rare physical specimen. Watch the Alabama game from 2012 to see how disruptive he can be.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow he really loves Demonte McAllister who has never been a starter in college. I can see Pete Carroll (who absolutely loved him out of HS) picking him up, but even as a homer I have significant NFL worries about a kid who was never a full time starter in college.

I can see Christian Jones taking a Dion Jordan type of sky rocket up draft boards after the Combine and Senior Bowl. His coverage skills are unmatched in this class for a LB. There is film of him running stride for stride with Clemson WR Sammy Watkins and tremendous film from the bowl game against Tyler Eifert.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Big Planet Theory
How many times has that theory been debunked though?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I am not on the Breslin bandwagon and have him as a mid-to-late rounder. From what I've seen he's extremely soft with a finesse game and basically a one-trick pony with speed off the edge. I have a hard time seeing him as anything more than a situational pass rusher, whether it be at defensive end or outside linebacker. I am going to check him out again this weekend.

Doubt McCullers will go in Round 1 simply because guys like him tend to slide into the second day but I am a fan. Needs to utilize better leverage but can be downright dominant at times and is a rare physical specimen. Watch the Alabama game from 2012 to see how disruptive he can be.
I don't know if checking out an injured Breslin (who is questionable to play) will help your cause
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
Still no Morgan Breslin?
Has had a couple of nagging injuries this year and is a little limited in size at 6-2 250 lbs. Probably looking at a late 2nd to 4th round pick.

Breslin reminds me a bit of the Pat's Rob Ninkovic. Just a guy who makes plays. Might not look the part but you want him on your side.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I can see Christian Jones taking a Dion Jordan type of sky rocket up draft boards after the Combine and Senior Bowl. His coverage skills are unmatched in this class for a LB. There is film of him running stride for stride with Clemson WR Sammy Watkins and tremendous film from the bowl game against Tyler Eifert.
They've been using him to rush the passer some (particularly against Maryland) but he doesn't do anything for me. Looks to be a run and chase weakside LB who doesn't really fit the new FSU defensive system. Read and react is questionable - best if he can attack one gap. No doubt will shine at the Combine - but he's no Dion Jordan. The other kid Telvin Smith is playing better for me - but is undersized, so likely won't go as high.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Van Noy at 82 is probably the biggest surprise - perhaps he won't test out well at the Combine, but he's really good.

Chris Borland is another - he's getting knocked for being slow - but he's got enough range, plus his short area quickness is elite. Yeah he's under 6'0", but he's special. Remember everyone though Kuechly was slow, same for Borland - just watch the tape...

Abbrederis is too low as well - way better than Nick Toon was - route running was just way too good for Roby against Ohio State. Same for Jordan Matthews - for me he's amazing, just won't run a 4.3.

Too high - McCullers can't bend and can't move outside of a phone booth - gets put on skates too much for such a big man. Hageman is going to light up the Combine, but too few flashes for my liking.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Chris Borland is another - he's getting knocked for being slow - but he's got enough range, plus his short area quickness is elite. Yeah he's under 6'0", but he's special. Remember everyone though Kuechly was slow, same for Borland - just watch the tape...

Abbrederis is too low as well - way better than Nick Toon was - route running was just way too good for Roby against Ohio State. Same for Jordan Matthews - for me he's amazing, just won't run a 4.3.\
Agree on the Badgers. I think both Borland and Abbrederis should be higher than their teammate James White.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
Same for Jordan Matthews - for me he's amazing, just won't run a 4.3.
He'll stay criminally underated throughout the process. He's going to go in the late-first to a well-oiled machine of a unit and probably have an extremely productive (early) career.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't think McCullers played well against Alabama last year?

Consistently pushed the pocket against an NFL-quality offensive line despite often being double-teamed. Always seemed to be around the action too, even chasing plays to the sidelines.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem is, for every game he has like that, he has 5 others where he's a relative non factor.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:

Consistently pushed the pocket against an NFL-quality offensive line despite often being double-teamed. Always seemed to be around the action too, even chasing plays to the sidelines.

Just thought it was funny that you thought maybe the biggest Vols fan on the board hadn't seen that game.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just thought it was funny that you thought maybe the biggest Vols fan on the board hadn't seen that game.
The reason I asked is because the Timberlake GIF alluded to you not agreeing.

No disrespect was intended. I just thought McCullers was pretty impressive against Alabama.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the love for Charles Sims. He's never really impressed me.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I don't get the love for Charles Sims. He's never really impressed me.
How's he done at WV this season?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
How's he done at WV this season?
He's averageing 5 yards a carry and has 4 touchdowns. He hasn't really played well against elite competition. The only games he's rushed for over a 100 yards were against FCS teams and two of his touchdowns came against FCS teams as well. Based on the few WVU games I've watched this far I don't think he can play in the NFL.

Coming into the season people were saying he's super fast and said he was going to replace Tavon Austin as the speed guy in that offense, but he clearly hasn't. And I get part of that isn't having a QB.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 10-21-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
He's averageing 5 yards a carry and has 4 touchdowns. He hasn't really played well against elite competition. The only games he's rushed for over a 100 yards were against FCS teams and two of his touchdowns came against FCS teams as well. Based on the few WVU games I've watched this far I don't think he can play in the NFL.

Coming into the season people were saying he's super fast and said he was going to replace Tavon Austin has the speed guy in that offense, but he clearly hasn't. And I get part of that isn't having a QB.
Playing musical chairs with their QBs hasn't helped any.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding the BYU boys.

Kyle might have done himself a favor by coming out early last year after that amazing bowl game performance and now he's just not making the splash plays he did in the last two seasons. still a tremendous player and I think he's being underrated here because of his size. He just looks like a natural in pass rush, very solid vs run and underrated in pass coverage. his abilities will allow him to make the transition to playing LB in an even man front

Cody Hoffman is a victim of circumstance. The has had to work with arguably the weakest QB crop in school history and still going to leave with all the major receiving records. Good at high pointing the ball and very smooth while the fighting for the ball in the air. I think he goes mid to late rounds.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCullers looked awful against SCAR.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would say no. McCullers did not play well against Alabama last year. He didn't play poorly either. But he was a non factor, which is what he is. A big, undeveloped player who can't even play with proper leverage let alone any kind of real technique. He doesn't shed linemen or make plays - against the run or pass. Guys like him tend to "slide" because they're usually two down players who have little impact in the NFL. And he's going to need to learn how to do more than just lean on a pro linemen.

Considering the talent he was going up against, he wasn't terrible or completely nonexistent like he usually is. I wouldn't call him disruptive. Did he stop Alabama from rushing for 280 yards instead of 233? He's hardly one of the best seniors in this draft class. That should not be called good tape for a guy who's being called a first round pick; or someone who might "slide out of the first round". He's not even close to the first round. He's never displayed anything resembling first round talent or potential. He's a mid rounder. And he's lazy. That's what he is. He's going to be a nobody in five years.

He kinda stinks. It's a terrible ranking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote