Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Greatest Sports Calls Ever

Some football here.... some classics.

Who's the oldest one here who remembers the most ones?

This is some great stuff here fellas.

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/bre...o-great-calls/
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the band is on the field the band is on the field aaaaaaaaaa *gun in mouth the greatest, most stupendous event ever to grace the earth oh my god the band is on the field the gun is in my mouth *trigger
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#25, play it, cracks me up.
I like an announcer who's not afraid to tell it like it is even it it's criticism!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#16 will be 20 years old this spring/summer and I literally remember it like it was yesterday.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

THE CATCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjvGFO3Ruc
Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Some football here.... some classics.

Who's the oldest one here who remembers the most ones?

This is some great stuff here fellas.

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/bre...o-great-calls/
Let me know what I win before I sign off on all these calls.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure this call sparked this piece.
Radio announcer gets just a little excited calling Tom Brady's winning TD pass against Saints (audio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"He did WHAT!?!?!"

Is one of my favorites.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of those were simply great plays. The calls themself Laettner, Marv Albert on Jordan, and The Catch especially) were nothing special. I think the Music City Miracle, despite being an obvious forwarfd pass, should have been higher. The Jason Lezak comeback in the relay is probably the most memorable call in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
"Where's the beef", that's an instant classic right there.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
A lot of those were simply great plays. The calls themself Laettner, Marv Albert on Jordan, and The Catch especially) were nothing special. I think the Music City Miracle, despite being an obvious forwarfd pass, should have been higher. The Jason Lezak comeback in the relay is probably the most memorable call in my opinion
You're alright.

Anyway, I went back to check out the list, but first I had to scroll down to make sure they had the right call at number one. If I could place myself at any point in history, it would probably be the Miracle on Ice. Which probably means I wouldn't actually hear the call. But, you know, shut up.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew is absolutely correct.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
You're alright.

Anyway, I went back to check out the list, but first I had to scroll down to make sure they had the right call at number one. If I could place myself at any point in history, it would probably be the Miracle on Ice. Which probably means I wouldn't actually hear the call. But, you know, shut up.
I had a date with my later to be wife on that Friday and I called her to say I was going to watch the US vs USSR game. Her response was, "are you ******** me".
She still uses that phrase a lot with me.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has always been a favorite of mine.

And this one. I love how calm Summerall stays when the FG goes in.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 10-16-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not even a question. The one from Jack though. **** Joe.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Gus Johnson, so naturally.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By far my favorite Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery call. Best line is Ratery saying, "And when you're sleepless in Seattle why not get...A LITTLE KISS!" to describe the kiss off the rim.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For my fellow countrymen......

DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
By far my favorite Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery call. Best line is Ratery saying, "And when you're sleepless in Seattle why not get...A LITTLE KISS!" to describe the kiss off the rim.

Phenomenal..... LUV Raftery, always have.
He called Morrison extraordinary..... I'm still surprised Morrison fizzled out so badly in the NBA.... like Wally Zerbiak did.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
For my fellow countrymen......

I'll be honest, I was actually happy Canada won that game because I know it meant/means 1000x more to that country than it does to this country.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I don't like baseball, Dave Neihaus' in game 5 of the 1995 ALDS when Griffey scored from 1st has always been a favorite of mine.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll be honest, I was actually happy Canada won that game because I know it meant/means 1000x more to that country than it does to this country.
Banished from America.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
.....about 80 percent of the population, or 26.5 million people, watched at least part of the game.
And there were almost 17 million Canadians on average that watched the whole thing.

Winning the Olympic Gold is to Canadians..... what beating the Yankees in the ALCS is to the Red Sox fans, what beating the Cowboys in the NFC CG is to Redskins' fans, what beating the Celtics for an NBA title is to Lakers' fans, and what beating Michigan means to Buckeye fans...... ALL COMBINED. In 2002 in Salt Lake, it was the first time we'd won in 50 years, almost to the day, and people wept. Then.... to do it on home soil 8 years later..... that's special. Especially since it was expected. Not a medal. THE medal. Not the other colors, just the gold one.

And I'm pretty sure the 20% that weren't watching that game, were serving beer to the 80% that did.

And in 2014, it's going to mean almost as much to Canada..... to win gold on Russian soil. Just to prove a point. To the Russians. Again.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote