Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-26-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Context? I don't keep up with console news.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was quite a bit of buzz that most multiplats on the Xbox One will run at 720p as opposed to 1080 on the PS4. Supposedly embargoing reviewers from saying anything about it.

This twitter thing is basically saying something along the lines of "yeah, maybe, but the embargo is about something worse than that"

Considering how big of a deal resolution is when it comes to image quality, it will be interesting to see what this is. Not the first game journalist to hint at something pretty steamy.

http://ejectdisk.com/rumor-according...-one-problems/

Little bit more about it here.

Cooperated by noted Microsoft leaker Cboat, who has a pretty good track record.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-26-2013 at 08:45 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol

I can see the benefit, though. Most people can't tell the difference anyway, and the increased FPS can be nice
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
lol

I can see the benefit, though. Most people can't tell the difference anyway, and the increased FPS can be nice
Those boxes are going to be out until 2020, at least. 4K is coming in the not so decent future. The fact that the Xbox One apparently can't even manage 1080p(which is pretty antiquated itself) is sort of a big deal. The generational leap means we shouldn't have to compromise between an aging resolution standard and smoothness. 1600x900 is pretty bad, even.

...but that's not even what this is apparently. This is supposedly something more big picture than raw image quality.

For clarity, I don't plan on buying either console for at least a year. Waiting to see how the library shapes up. Resolution is a very big deal when it comes to image quality though. That's a huge edge to the PS4 for me if that part is true.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Current gen vs. Next gen. Wow.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The 2K guys have really leveraged the extra polygons for sure. Was sort of disappointed with what they showed with Madden. It's easier to make an NBA game look good though The fact that players faces are obscured 95% of the time by helmets sort of prevents a "wow" moment like that.

...I just hope we have better crowds in next-gen sports games. The cardboard cutout type people we have now just won't do anymore.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Heat picture above. Is the picture on the right even a video game ? I wouldn't know the difference if some one told me.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eh. It's funny how the picture on the left looked quite good a few years back too. Now it looks like a PS2 game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah from what I've seen they've made some effort with the crowd in that it's not the same 3 faces/animations we've seen since NBA 2k3, but it's improved to some degree.

I like the improvements they've revealed so far, with wingspan now having an impact, and the ecomotion engine giving us a more realistic number of gameplay animations (not every landing after a shot looks the same, etc.)
Old 10-26-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Eh. It's funny how the picture on the left looked quite good a few years back too. Now it looks like a PS2 game.

Sports games may have taken a longer route to the current graphics than other games as well. Still though, the difference is pretty striking.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Sports games may have taken a longer route to the current graphics than other games as well. Still though, the difference is pretty striking.
This is both very true and very frustrating. The technical specifications for the 360 and PS3 were never stretched to their limits by sports games. They came out of the gate fairly poor looking as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
This is both very true and very frustrating. The technical specifications for the 360 and PS3 were never stretched to their limits by sports games. They came out of the gate fairly poor looking as well.
Neither were stretched that far by any genre... They both still had a ton left in the tank. I can't think of too many games that came close to the edge. Game makers were far too safe.

I agree with the move to new, standardized formats, though. Both systems will get stretched to their limits now that they're more in-line with PC gaming specifications. You won't have to see games like Battlefield and Crysis being just completely bastardized versions compared to the PC counterparts. Possibly bad examples because both will always be stretching PC hardware limits (that's the whole point of Crysis), but the bottom line is the new consoles will have longer and higher quality lifespans.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse?
You better believe it!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting excited for AC4. Wasn't the biggest fan of AC3, particularly the multiplayer. I have high hopes for this one though
Old 10-27-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could someone help me evolve my Haunter in X/Y? I'll trade ya Pokerus and a timid Larvesta with max hp/spa/spe iv's. And I'll love you long time.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Could someone help me evolve my Haunter in X/Y? I'll trade ya Pokerus and a timid Larvesta with max hp/spa/spe iv's. And I'll love you long time.
I can later tonight if you need me to.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can help you out nrk. Let me know when you want to.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to go eat lunch with my family, so here in a couple of hours would be good. Any time later really. If you both want a Larvesta I have plenty.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking at a chart of all the koopalings and started thinking about if they had different mothers, who theyd be. definitely starting with Peach and wendy but I feel like Kazooie the bird is the clown one's mom for sure. Birdo is probably in there too, she got that ho mouth. maybe a great fairy. one of the fat ***** is probably a chain chomps kid I could see Bowser being into that
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting that the images of the current gen NBA game look so blah, because this is what EA was claiming they'd look like back in 2005.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/scre...2/NBA-Live-06/

Old 10-27-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I got into the Dark Souls II beta.

...I'll have like an hour to play though. Blah.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-27-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I got into the Dark Souls II beta.

...I'll have like an hour to play though. Blah.
My friend's been playing it. Says it's awesome.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I can help you out nrk. Let me know when you want to.
I'm ready whenever. Just let me know.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I'm ready whenever. Just let me know.
Thank you sir.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know how I can evolve a Kadabra on my phone?

I know it's a crazy long shot but I thought maybe connecting my phone to a computer or maybe another phone might...work?? Maybe?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote