Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-02-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I wish there was a super cool DBZ game out there.
Agreed, the potential is there for certain. A company that knows what the source material is and a good grasp of game mechanics should hop on it, ala something rocksteady did with batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll change when the new gen starts pumping out.

I been trying to keep tabs on FF XV and I'm so on the fence about it. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't read up on it, what's new about COD Ghosts?

All I've heard is that there's a level where the layout changes every once in a while, and there's a kind of anti camping game mode.
At this point I'm not sure which launch game I'm getting, and while I really am over the CoD franchise at this point I may just end up with it the night I picj up the xb1. Or maybe I'll go with battlefield since Ghosts only runs at 720 on the xb1. Makes me wonder if the system just isn't as powerful as the ps4.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a really good dbz rpg would be so fun, there are so many ways to approach this game unlike in the past where they tried to make it a tekken/street fighter type game.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I think it'll change when the new gen starts pumping out.

I been trying to keep tabs on FF XV and I'm so on the fence about it. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.
I'm going to stick with my, until they prove it, I'm going to assume its not going to live up to the series. And really since square soft became square enix, theyve yet to make a good FF game. 12, and 13 both sucked.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Said the guy who complains at nausea whenever he plays any game ever.

"GUIZ, LETS CRAWL AROUND FOR HOURS IN DAY Z TO GET TWO ITEMS OF FOOD! NO DON'T STAND UP AND RUN! WE NEED TO CRAWL EVERYWHERE! THIS IS HOW DAY Z WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!"
That is clearly off point as I said I just find DayZ to be boring now as when we first started there was clearly a steep curve. After a while we had stuff and it became less fun. The mods you guys play makes everything easier and transforms it from more survival to more shooter which I wasn't a fan of. I don't think I complained about any other game.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new mods was definitely about survival, you get materials to store more items for survival and guns are part of survival when you have bandits in the game who will steal your ****. Shooting, hunting, and killing is all about survival when there's a zombie apocalypse.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granted I didn't play the mods all too much but it seemed like the Zombies were an after thought and if you were on a server with no one the game was pretty boring. That and every time I tried to play hackers screwed with the server.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm going to stick with my, until they prove it, I'm going to assume its not going to live up to the series. And really since square soft became square enix, theyve yet to make a good FF game. 12, and 13 both sucked.
I thought 12 was decent. I had fun with it. 15 is a different team though so it might be better but yeah low expectations approach is probably best

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 was good. 13 was too on-rails for too long (an extremely valid detraction for an RPG), but was an otherwise great game.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Meh the characters in both games were bland and cookie cutter, the stories to both were rather meh. The fighting systems worked decently in 12, and 13's was fun too. Idk, I'm surprised there isn't more backlash for 15 being a straight up fighting game in its combat approach. I don't know if thats a bad thing, but its just surprising that the fans of the series haven't really been all that vocal about it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Yeah I read about that and my initial thought was I'm not going to like it. We'll see

The battle system in 13 and 13-2 wasn't really to my liking. I felt a little too rushed in my decision making. IMO 10 had it right.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Meh the characters in both games were bland and cookie cutter, the stories to both were rather meh. The fighting systems worked decently in 12, and 13's was fun too. Idk, I'm surprised there isn't more backlash for 15 being a straight up fighting game in its combat approach. I don't know if thats a bad thing, but its just surprising that the fans of the series haven't really been all that vocal about it.
Well, when there's only one other JRPG series on home consoles (Tales) and it consistently fails to step up to the next level, I can sort of see why Squenix doesn't give a damn about gameplay or story being appealing to the player anymore as long as they have great visuals.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Well, when there's only one other JRPG series on home consoles (Tales) and it consistently fails to step up to the next level, I can sort of see why Squenix doesn't give a damn about gameplay or story being appealing to the player anymore as long as they have great visuals.
Like madden!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XV looks pretty good. XII was excellent if you like side quests. I thought the world and setting were really cool too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

FFXV looks like it has a lot of elements of Kingdom Hearts gameplay. It looks really good.

Square has slowly been conditioning fans for a switch to more of an Action-RPG environment for awhile now. They've really been trying to move away from turn-based games. XII was a large part of that, then Crisis Core and XIII were also steps toward that direction (though less-so with XIII).

I don't mind it. The thing with FF is the story and worlds have always been the draw. If they create great characters in an interesting world with an epic story, that's what we want. XIII did a poor job with that, but I also liked a lot of the elements of the game.

Last edited by nepg : 11-02-2013 at 07:32 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The thing with XIII and XIII-2 is that it was a little irritating having to pick attacks and stuff for 2...3 with the creatures...characters. I just wasn't a fan of the system. I'm not too crazy about really fast paced action while controlling multiple characters. Something like KH is ok...XII had a system I liked quite a bit.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Just beat soul silver and it was a blast. Which one should I play next?
Did you say you were using an emulator? I was wondering which one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
a really good dbz rpg would be so fun, there are so many ways to approach this game unlike in the past where they tried to make it a tekken/street fighter type game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Granted I didn't play the mods all too much but it seemed like the Zombies were an after thought and if you were on a server with no one the game was pretty boring. That and every time I tried to play hackers screwed with the server.
I mean, the zombies became an afterthought because with experience it got simple to know exactly how to allude zombies. It's not a Day Z mod thing specifically, just a product of playing the game and understanding the AI.

Honestly, I feel like the mods have made it more realistic (at least a lot of the mods, there are some PVP based mods too). I mean, in a setting like the zombie apocalypse, what would be your first thing? Find food and shelter, right? The original DayZ just doesn't do that very well. Origins does allow you to build shelter and a house, plus it just adds depth.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pokemon X

Old 11-03-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Do I need to play the 2 first Bioshocks in order to understand Infinite?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Do I need to play the 2 first Bioshocks in order to understand Infinite?
It will help with some of the stuff and the end. Gives some general context too.

Play the first for sure, at least. It may well be the better game and it will make Infinite that much better. Bioshock 2 is very, very skipable.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I have both but I started the first one but haven't finished it. I'll get on that

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Did you say you were using an emulator? I was wondering which one.
DraStic

You can even save your games on Google Drive. Worth the $8.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
DraStic

You can even save your games on Google Drive. Worth the $8.
That's the one I got too. It really is a great emu. Hopefully they get online access soon.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: