Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any of you guys are Playstation Plus members, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen is currently available for $0. Highly flawed game, but it's easily one of my favorite games of the generation. It's a weird mash up of Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, and a smidgen of Dark Souls that just works incredibly well. You kind of have to dig that extra layer deeper to realize how good the game is, but if you stick with it you'll find a game with one of the best melee combat systems ever. One of the better character creators I've seen too. The story has it's moments as well.

Highly recommend it. I was disappointed by it a few years ago, but I went on a massive binge a few months back and it all clicked.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping they'd port it to PC, but it sounded like Capcom Japan are being a bunch of bitches about porting to PC, still.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They basically said "wah, we don't want to", despite the North American branch of Capcom pushing it. So yeah, wouldn't hold your breath. It's a damn shame. Some of the major issues with that game can be solved instantly with a bit more power.

Supposedly, they basically broke MT Framework coding it though. The entire engine was designed around smaller levels, not large open worlds. There's some technical issues with the game(screen tearing, frame rate), so they may just not want to touch that code ever again.

Maybe we'll get the sequel on PC...if there is one. Everyone thought Deep Down was going to be the sequel/successor. Turned out not to be the case. That game looks pretty terrible from what I've seen as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
They basically said "wah, we don't want to", despite the North American branch of Capcom pushing it. So yeah, wouldn't hold your breath. It's a damn shame. Some of the major issues with that game can be solved instantly with a bit more power.

Supposedly, they basically broke MT Framework coding it though. The entire engine was designed around smaller levels, not large open worlds. There's some technical issues with the game(screen tearing, frame rate), so they may just not want to touch that code ever again.

Maybe we'll get the sequel on PC...if there is one. Everyone thought Deep Down was going to be the sequel/successor. Turned out not to be the case. That game looks pretty terrible from what I've seen as well.
The team that developed the game wants to port it, but Capcom Japan said no. At least, that's my understanding from an interview I read. The American branch was still lobbying for it.

I guess I'll pick it up for console at some point :\. I knew about the issues and they definitely would be fixed by porting it to PC. Whether that be simply from better hardware or a third party fixing it "for fun" via mod.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If any of you guys are Playstation Plus members, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen is currently available for $0. Highly flawed game, but it's easily one of my favorite games of the generation. It's a weird mash up of Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, and a smidgen of Dark Souls that just works incredibly well. You kind of have to dig that extra layer deeper to realize how good the game is, but if you stick with it you'll find a game with one of the best melee combat systems ever. One of the better character creators I've seen too. The story has it's moments as well.

Highly recommend it. I was disappointed by it a few years ago, but I went on a massive binge a few months back and it all clicked.
Yeah, I saw that and have been planning on checking out this weekend. It's a game I have been meaning to check out for awhile now. The fact that it's free is awesome. I love PS+...
Old 11-07-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dark Souls and PS3 controller come in Friday...PS3 Saturday but I won't get to put in some time until Monday :/

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:31 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hotline Miami rules. Free for PS+. Great soundtrack, fast paced, difficult, violent, retro style game. Check it out.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat my first GTA game last night. It was ok. I still don't know why I bought that game, considering that I knew all the praise and 10's it was getting, it was going to just be more of the same for me. Oh well, I had some fun with it and my roommate split it with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hotline Miami rules. Free for PS+. Great soundtrack, fast paced, difficult, violent, retro style game. Check it out.
I got it downloaded but been busy with WWE2K14. I'm owning everyone with Yokozuna.

Banzai!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Hotline Miami is one of the best games I've played in the past three years. Absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere and soundtrack are just amazing.

It's weird. The game goes out of it's way to make you feel like a horrible human being, but it makes you enjoy it as well. You really feel like you're on some kind of weird 80's coke fueled revenge-murder rampage.

**** man, I guess I do.

Story takes some interesting turns as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hotline Miami is one of the best games I've played in the past three years. Absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere and soundtrack are just amazing.

It's weird. The game goes out of it's way to make you feel like a horrible human being, but it makes you enjoy it as well. You really feel like you're on some kind of weird 80's coke fueled revenge-murder rampage.

**** man, I guess I do.

Story takes some interesting turns as well.
Hotline miami was #2 on my indie games of the year. 1st was FTL.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about getting the original Kingdom Hearts game and trying out that series before Kingdom Hearts III. Good idea?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I was thinking about getting the original Kingdom Hearts game and trying out that series before Kingdom Hearts III. Good idea?
Psssssh, great idea. 2 is even better in terms of story and gameplay. Its very enjoyable to see all of the FF characters come together, even the disney aspects of it can be pretty interesting. Idk I love those games.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember playing the first kingdom hearts during a two month suspension from high school. Absolutely loved it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I remember playing the first kingdom hearts during a two month suspension from high school. Absolutely loved it.
What did you do to get yourself two months?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wtf? 2 months? Did you sleep with the principal's wife?

I have yet to beat KH....got to the Aladdin part and stopped for some reason. At this point I'll have to start over cuz I'd be totally lost

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a long story from a long time ago.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Oooh they have a KH 1.5 remix for the ps3. Imma just buy that and play it in HD

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Its a long story from a long time ago.
We can wait...
Old 11-07-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Oooh they have a KH 1.5 remix for the ps3. Imma just buy that and play it in HD

Play that while you wait for dark souls. Also really hoping the PvP aspect of DS2 is much improved. Would love to get some people together for that on here.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Play that while you wait for dark souls. Also really hoping the PvP aspect of DS2 is much improved. Would love to get some people together for that on here.
I'm certainly down. I played a fair bit of Dark Souls PVP initially, but I really didn't keep up with it because of how bad the connection issues were. Hoping they improve that first and foremost. It's a shame really. That's easily one of the best aspects of the game when it works....and it worked really well in Demon's Souls.

....I'll find out on Saturday night though haha. I got into the final Network Test. Should be interesting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-07-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Thats only for Ps3 correct? If so, sort of makes me wish I didnt trade away my Ps3. Sort of.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Happy N7 Day!

Old 11-07-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Happy N7 Day!

If any of you want to play ME3 multiplayer on the 360, I'm always there.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might be down for it tonight after work. Would be a perfect excuse to run throw the game again for me.