Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-09-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's still pretty unlikely. It would surprise me if they actually went through with it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of the companies I can think of are software companies for whom it makes little sense. Google and Apple would both want to replace the XBox OS with something that works with their standards...

Then hardware companies I can think of are Samsung and AMD.

Then there's Sony... I wonder how that would work for them.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay just my quick input:
My cousin has worked for EA Sports the last 5+ years.
He was courted and is now moving to the NW for Microsoft and XBox and he wasn't too terribly aware of any move coming soon.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There isn't any thing solid that Xbox will be sold in the near future. There is speculation that one guy who could possible become CEO of Microsoft would think about maybe selling it off if it didn't fit with their corporate focus. Xbox makes them money so I don't really see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i'd be pretty surprised if MS sold the xbox off, despite some head scratching decisions about the xbone reveal, the 360 did very well for its life cycle last generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, I doubt they actually sell it when it comes down to it. Especially anytime soon. Doesn't sound like there's any active plans or talks with other companies in place, even. It's just interesting that shareholders and CEO candidates are apparently pushing for it/considering it. Xbox doesn't really fit their profile as much as it once did. If they're really killing off DirectX, the most valuable part of it becomes their branding. That might be more valuable to another company at a certain point.

Samsung is the only company with the capitol and profile that would be a fit. I really don't think there's much of a point in it though. They wouldn't use their technology(again, they don't even have as much of it as they used to these days). Whatever cash they would pay for the brand could probably be better spent in marketing and developing their own platform.

...not that anyone is super interested in jumping into the console business right now. Microsoft and Sony aren't exactly raking it in there. Nintendo no longer prints money at the pace they used to either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-09-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got my ps3!!

Will start Dark Souls tomorrow night!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still 99% set on getting an Xbox 1, but I'm a little more unsure than I was yesterday.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm honestly not enamored with either platform. The Xbox One is pushing a more compelling slate of games initially...but the difference isn't dramatic. The hardware is relatively similar in both consoles, but the implementation and architecture appears to be much better on the Playstation 4. The fact that 1080p has half a step out the door already and the Xbox is struggling to hit that target out of the gate is super concerning. I'm not buying the server side performance thing either. It's possible, but not with the terrible network infrastructure and equally ****** ISPs we have in this country.

I'll likely buy a Playstation 4 at some point down the road though. May take awhile for the exclusives to pile up though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-09-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* HATE Sony. I had so many problems with them when I bought a PS1 and a PS2 that I'll likely never buy another one of their consoles again.

That kinda means I'm stuck with XB1, but I might wait a bit to buy it instead of getting it at launch now. Almost pre-ordered it, but canceled because I wanted to see the reviews of launch hardware before I took the plunge.

Now I'm just not sure.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I think I am going to go with the Xbox One. I really like their software and UI over PlayStation. Honestly at this point if I really want a powerful system I'll just use my PC.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved my ps2 and imma take my ps3 for a test run soon so I can't speak of it yet but I'll probably go ps4 a year or so after launch. Whenever FF XV launches maybe

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still need to see how Playstation Home on the PS4 stacks up to Xbox Live. If it's comparable to what we saw this generation.......

Well, I'll just say that I'm glad this is not something I'll have to worry about for 2-3 years.

Also, on that point, I'm glad that not *every* game is going to be 40-50 gb next generation.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Dragon's Dogma is pretty sweet. I did end up going with a Strider and not regretting it. The Pawn system is very cool.

Last edited by Splat : 11-10-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Target has a deal this week where you get a free game when you buy any 2. Was gonna wait until Black Friday to buy games, but getting GTA5, AC4 and Batman: AO for what is $40 each is probably the best I could hope for on Black Friday.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be getting an XBox One at some point, but I do not care to spend a ton of money right now so it will be a down the road thing.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So Target has a deal this week where you get a free game when you buy any 2. Was gonna wait until Black Friday to buy games, but getting GTA5, AC4 and Batman: AO for what is $40 each is probably the best I could hope for on Black Friday.
That'd be great if there were absolutely any games I was interested in, currently.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been waiting to get GTA and Batman, and I've played every AC so I figured I'd get that. I might get BF4 instead though, not sure yet.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should get BF4 because it is amazing.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I just picked up GTA last of us and BF4 for xbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably get a PS4 eventually.. but I find myself playing and enjoying the cheaper and more simple retro type indy games more than the $60 games from big developers.. I don't really feel like I need to upgrade any time soon.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

The only game I would have probably bought a next-gen console for was The Division but it is coming to PC so no need to now.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Well I just had 2 hours of Dark Souls....got my ass handed to me three times by the dumbass asylun demon. I was like "WTF! Who puts a ***** ass boss when I only have a broken sword?" Then while running around trying not to die I discovered the door -_-

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Well I just had 2 hours of Dark Souls....got my ass handed to me three times by the dumbass asylun demon. I was like "WTF! Who puts a ***** ass boss when I only have a broken sword?" Then while running around trying not to die I discovered the door -_-
Yup. Dark Souls.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Last of Us single player DLC trailer is supposed to come out the 14th. My body could not be any more ready...

Last edited by Splat : 11-11-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote