Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not trolling or baiting, just a srs question. At E3 Xbox1 looked pretty terrible. Have they made a lot of changes so it will actually be competitive with the PS4?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Not trolling or baiting, just a srs question. At E3 Xbox1 looked pretty terrible. Have they made a lot of changes so it will actually be competitive with the PS4?
Yes, they pretty much made it the PS4 since then. Got rid of everything people were complaining about. They're almost the exact same system at this point.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently they listened to a lot of criticism they received and reversed a lot of their policies.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xbox1 for life.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did they bring the price point down a lot too? PS4 came in $100 cheaper if I remember right. If so, good for MS for adjusting, even though the crap they were trying to pull was pretty dumb in the first place. Competition at the console level is good for everyone.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The funny thing is that Microsoft has gotten so much flak for backing off on their original intentions. Its actually really humorous.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I should stay up on this stuff more. People criticized them for getting rid of the stuff they were getting criticized for? That doesn't make sense...

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Xbox1 is still the same price as before, but I haven't been keeping up with any of this.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I should stay up on this stuff more. People criticized them for getting rid of the stuff they were getting criticized for? That doesn't make sense...
Yeah. People bitched, they listened and changes things, and then people bitched more.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Yeah Sony has gone out of their way to actually bash Microsoft for improving their product.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah Sony has gone out of their way to actually bash Microsoft for improving their product.
My plan is to get the PS4 but, on the face of it, that seems kind of stupid. But I guess they lose nothing and potentially gain something by criticizing their competitor. Whatever, I'm sure both will be very cool.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The new ones (X & Y) need a 3DS
Well that's weak sauce

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Is this the right thread to bash Pokemon in or am I risking my life in doing so?

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-17-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My plan is to get the PS4 but, on the face of it, that seems kind of stupid. But I guess they lose nothing and potentially gain something by criticizing their competitor. Whatever, I'm sure both will be very cool.
I have settled on the XBox One probably this time next year. Really very little difference in my mind but I have been with XBox and XBox live since the beginning. I can't give it up now.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They've done away with a lot of the things people disliked about it. Kinect comes with the console, but is no longer mandatory. No more 24 hour online check in either.

The real interesting differentiating factor will be the tech. There's some fairly consistent murmurs out there that the Playstation 4 could drastically outperform the Xbox One. Heard figures as high as 50% in certain situations. The specs of both consoles are fairly similar this time around, but the PS4 has a leg up in terms of GPU horsepower. There's some talk that games that run at full 1080p on the PS4 will run at 1600x900 on the Xbox One. Microsoft is claiming already that they're capable of supplementing the power of the box with cloud technology, which is interesting...but in order to do anything serious, the internet speeds in this country are going to have to improve dramatically. Rendering a game with playable latency is a struggle on a local network as of right now, even.

...of course if you truly care about that stuff, both consoles will be outdated by the time they're released(you could argue they are already) and PC is becoming more and more of a viable option with things like AMD's Mantle allowing better and more direct performance out of cheaper hardware. I would still wait and see how that shakes out in the future, but a $400 Steambox may well end up being a much better value than consoles by the time they release.

Quote:
Is this the right thread to bash Pokemon in or am I risking my life in doing so?
You're absolutely free the bash Pokemon, but I can't guarantee you won't be bashed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I mean you can but I think in the "Rules" laid down by EE it has to be less of POKEMON SUUUXXXX and more of an actual discussion of why you dislike it.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I wasn't expecting measured responses on the Pokemon thing. I know it is pretty well-liked around here. I don't understand it but it's not important to me. Thanks for filling me in on the PS4/XB1 stuff. Also I need to look up this AMD Mantle thing, Titanfall looks amazing but I doubt my PC will be able to run it as currently configured.

i done stole dis sig
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had planned to buy one of them on launch day. I've never done that before. The lineup is slightly underwhelming for both of them at launch though. I don't think there's a single game from either of them that's worth buying a console for.

...that'll change when Destiny drops. I'm all in for Destiny.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think imma roll PS4 by next black Friday or so.

Destiny, imo, will be a hit or a bust. I'm sure I'm not the only one that kept noticing the Halo similarities. Like it's Halo's bastard child or something.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-17-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I wasn't expecting measured responses on the Pokemon thing. I know it is pretty well-liked around here. I don't understand it but it's not important to me. Thanks for filling me in on the PS4/XB1 stuff. Also I need to look up this AMD Mantle thing, Titanfall looks amazing but I doubt my PC will be able to run it as currently configured.
I was ******* around man. Of course you can talk crap about Poekmon if you want haha. Sarcasm really doesn't come across terribly well on the internet still I guess.

I have to admit, I do feel a little silly playing those games still.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-17-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I am about to buy a ******* DS to play that game... how do you think I feel.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Imma hunt down a 3ds on Craigslist to buy MOAR POKEMON!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually Sony bashed them for caving and not sticking to their guns.

And what's the actual difference between X and Y?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Actually Sony bashed them for caving and not sticking to their guns.
Its literally the same thing.

They caved and improved their product, ergo they were bashing Microsoft for improving their product.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I am about to buy a ******* DS to play that game... how do you think I feel.
Yeah, I got super lucky. Friend an unopened 3DS that he basically said I could keep until I no longer need to use it. My girlfriend has one already too, but she plays quite a bit of POKEMONZ too, so the extra one really helps.

There really aren't any other titles I want to play on the system besides that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau