Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-19-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...if it works. Nintendo's friend system is objectively terrible.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys recommend for a 3DS purchase? Is the XL worth it or is it too big? I'm not much of a Pokemoner, but some of the JRPGs seem really good for the system (and it's rough trying to find good JRPGs on other systems)...any recommendations?

Not sure if I'm going to get one, but certainly thinking about it.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pixel density of the XL is pretty terrible. 400x240 on a screen that large just doesn't work. Games look significantly worse.

...however, it's better built and feels it in your hands. It also isn't a fingerprint magnet like the original 3DS is thanks to the matte finish.

Can't speak to the quality of the 2DS. Haven't used one or seen one. The 3D really doesn't add much in any of the 3DS games I've tried, so it may be an option if that isn't your thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imma hunt down the cheapest 3ds I can find. idc what color it is as long as it ain't pink lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The pixel density of the XL is pretty terrible. 400x240 on a screen that large just doesn't work. Games look significantly worse.

...however, it's better built and feels it in your hands. It also isn't a fingerprint magnet like the original 3DS is thanks to the matte finish.

Can't speak to the quality of the 2DS. Haven't used one or seen one. The 3D really doesn't add much in any of the 3DS games I've tried, so it may be an option if that isn't your thing.
I could care less about 3D (had it on my Evo phone and wasn't a fan), but I do worry about compatibility as it sounds like that may be an issue if I went with a regular DS
Old 10-20-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I could care less about 3D (had it on my Evo phone and wasn't a fan), but I do worry about compatibility as it sounds like that may be an issue if I went with a regular DS
The 2DS is a 3DS model.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 3ds is backwards compatible right? Like I can play pokemon pearl and black and whatever else on it right?

Edit: nvm

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-20-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
The 3ds is backwards compatible right? Like I can play pokemon pearl and black and whatever else on it right?
Yeah, works fine with DS games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't play x or y on a 2DS though right?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
You can't play x or y on a 2DS though right?
You can play them. The 2ds can play all 3ds games. It just doesn't do the 3d effect which sucks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the bigger screen on the xl better?
Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
You can play them. The 2ds can play all 3ds games. It just doesn't do the 3d effect which sucks anyways.
...it really does. In fairness to Nintendo, I've never been impressed with ANY implementation of 3D, but it's so lame that it only works at one angle. I can't say that it doesn't work definitively since everyone's eyes are different, but it really doesn't seem to actually add a ton of perceivable depth for me or most of the people I've talked to either....even if you use it at the magic angle you're supposed to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Is the bigger screen on the xl better?
Quote:

Answered already.

I think I'm kind of leaning toward the 3DS just because the 2DS looks dumb, and the functionality of the flip-case seems appealing since it'd mostly just sit in my nightstand.

Last edited by nepg : 10-20-2013 at 02:08 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm torn because if I don't need the 3DS I'll get the 2DS but everything I'm reading is the XL feels better.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to get the straight 3DS but they only had the Pink one and the XL just seemed excessive and not worth the extra money so I ended up going with the 2DS.

It looks a little goofy but to be honest not having played a DS before it feels fine... To some extent actually feels good. I wish the screens were a little bigger as I am used to 24" monitors, 10" tablets and a 5.7" phone but overall its not bad at all.

Personally for me who is buying this for maybe 3-5 games total the 2DS was perfect for me.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Post your friend ID Drew!
1736-1289-8596
Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
My code for Pokemon is 1864-9761-0805.
Ill add you when I get home. But you have to add me as well Drew.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to watch movies with the oculus rift. Does that count as video game discussion?

I still play Mass Effect 3. I probably will continue to until Titanfall comes out.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I want to watch movies with the oculus rift. Does that count as video game discussion?
I want to play games on the Oculus Rift. I may do so this month. There's an event in Boston. I don't think you need any sort of credentials to go either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

I still play Mass Effect 3. I probably will continue to until Titanfall comes out.
I was jizzing a bit about playing Star Citizen on OR.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to play games on the Oculus Rift. I may do so this month. There's an event in Boston. I don't think you need any sort of credentials to go either.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard there's sort of a screen door effect. Please let me know if this is true or not and if so, how bad it is.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't even properly played GTA5 yet and now the new COD is coming out.. will GTA5 get mad at me if we take a break, but don't break up?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I haven't even properly played GTA5 yet and now the new COD is coming out.. will GTA5 get mad at me if we take a break, but don't break up?
Your self-respect will hate you and leave, though.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the same thing only about Batman Arkham origins. Although I am worried about the fact that the developers havent released it for early review. Trying to get through GTA but doubt it happens, and to be honest I really am not too concerned if I beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I've stalled out on GTA V indefinitely. The story and characters were mostly interesting, but the mechanics weren't good good to keep it interesting the whole way through for me. There's lot's to do, but it's all fairly surface level and unrefined.

R.I.P. Junior Seau