Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I've stalled out on GTA V indefinitely. The story and characters were mostly interesting, but the mechanics weren't good good to keep it interesting the whole way through for me. There's lot's to do, but it's all fairly surface level and unrefined.
Pretty much exactly how I felt as well, and really how Ive felt about the series for awhile now. Not to mention bland repetitive missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've stalled out on GTA V indefinitely. The story and characters were mostly interesting, but the mechanics weren't good good to keep it interesting the whole way through for me. There's lot's to do, but it's all fairly surface level and unrefined.

I've have never in my life purchased a GTA game (unless you count Saints Row 2). Oh I've rented almost every single one of them. I do the first few missions, start messing around, do stupid car tricks (jumping off of elevated train tracks just as the train hits my car is a personal favorite), get bored and return it to blockbuster, or in the case of GTA 4, the person who lent it to me.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baraka from MK2 is better than all other fighting game characters ever.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we have this thread now. There was too much fracturing in the other separate threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who seriously dislikes Michael in GTA V? Everything about his life and story annoys me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok if I bite the bullet and get a 3DS XL I don't want the only game I play on it to be pokemon. What other games are worth getting?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Ok if I bite the bullet and get a 3DS XL I don't want the only game I play on it to be pokemon. What other games are worth getting?
As a non-Pokemoner looking into purchasing a 3DS, myself... I'd definitely be getting Fire Emblem and there are a bunch of games for the DS that I'd also want...mostly JRPGs. Supposedly Monster Hunter 4 isn't too far away, either.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to like the Monster Hunter games so bad. There's just something that doesn't work for me with them though. I understand the controls are part of the design, but it just feels clumsy and awkward to me. Never stopped feeling that way either. Not a fan of constantly grinding for things so I can grind for more things either. I don't mind grinding, but you've got to get me in the door with a hook stronger than that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fire Emblem, Steamworld Dig, DK Country returns, Starfox 64 3D and other N64 remakes, Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros 2, Luigi's Mansion, Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 3D Land are all worth considering buying

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be awesome if Nintendo or wii would remake some of super mario series. Like super mario world all stars and all the super mario games to updated graphics. Also I think that if the Tmnt was remade as well it would sell on the wii u. Would be an interesting idea.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to like the Monster Hunter games so bad. There's just something that doesn't work for me with them though. I understand the controls are part of the design, but it just feels clumsy and awkward to me. Never stopped feeling that way either. Not a fan of constantly grinding for things so I can grind for more things either. I don't mind grinding, but you've got to get me in the door with a hook stronger than that.
Monster Hunter Tri is proably the most fun I have ever had playing with friends online.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baraka from MK2 is better than all other fighting game characters ever.
if by better you mean cheapest and most broken, yes. But style points and fun factor have to come into play at some point, and then there's a whole gallery that opens up.

Any Virtua Fighter 4 character, oh man. Playing VF4 well was harder than any instrument I've ever played, you had to be one with the controller.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Fire Emblem, Steamworld Dig, DK Country returns, Starfox 64 3D and other N64 remakes, Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros 2, Luigi's Mansion, Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 3D Land are all worth considering buying
I agree with this list.

Fire Emblem and Mario Kart 7(my favorite mario kart, it is really good) are must owns.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team is fantastic, although Super Mario RPG is my favorite RPG ever. Mario & Luigi series is a fantastic successor to Super Mario RPG, greater than the Paper Marios imo.

Kingdom Hearts 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Luigi's Mansion are all a lot of fun.

Lots of remakes/ports to play: DKC from Wii if you hadn't got the chance to play it, Starfox 64, OOT, Tales of the Abyss are all fantastic.

Some other games that I liked: I typically don't care for music games, but Final Fantasy Theatrythm is pretty good, mostly because FF music is outstanding. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is a fun adventure/puzzle game. The new Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney is about to come out. New Zelda next month. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is alright, not anything special but fun. I enjoyed the new Paper Mario Sticker Star, although found it to be disappointing. The combat was still pretty fun, I would have preferred an older game's combat. Outstanding music, good level design, decent story. Resident Evil Revelations is decent, but probably better played on the pc/360/ps3/wiiu ports

That's pretty much all the games I'd recommend from what I've played. I bought Animal Crossing due to all the raving about it, but it's clearly not for me. I don't understand how people find that fun.

Didn't play MH3 on the 3ds, but I really enjoy it on the Wii U. I, too, didn't like the combat at first. It feels awkward, but after putting time in to it it is pretty fun. Although MH4 should be out next year.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing Pokemon Crystal on my phone and it just reminded me of when I had a level 96 meganium in silver once....and my sister saved over my file.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Playing Pokemon Crystal on my phone and it just reminded me of when I had a level 96 meganium in silver once....and my sister saved over my file.
You use an emulator I assume?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I've been meaning to play Crystal for a while. Silver and Gold (and their remakes) were the best pokemon games imo.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You use an emulator I assume?
on my phone yes, they have a bunch for free in the google play store. The 96 incident was way back in the GBA SP days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I've been meaning to play Crystal for a while. Silver and Gold (and their remakes) were the best pokemon games imo.
Crystal is cool cuz they force Suicune to stay and fight. Silver and Gold are still my faves with Blue a tight 3rd.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gold and Silver was the best gen for sure. Just had the best balance of things. I actually liked Black and White almost just as much though.

The only gen I didn't really care for was Ruby and Sapphire.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-25-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

One of my favorite details is the ability to go from Johto to Kanto and challenge their pokemon league too. Wish all the games had something like that.

I kinda liked Runy and Sapphire. I even warmed up to the stupid pageants.

Do you guys raise your own parties? I usually raise my starter and maybe one or two more but I usually just replace pokemon with stronger ones I catch.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-25-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I normally keep my starter and then really train up 2-3 other ones I really like, plus an HM slave. I normally know what pokemon I want pretty early.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I normally keep my starter and then really train up 2-3 other ones I really like, plus an HM slave. I normally know what pokemon I want pretty early.
Early pokemon tend to kinda suck anyways. I have a poliwag, spinarak, and a hoothoot right now and I don't really like any of them. I raise some that I really like too like Houndour and Lapras.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42055

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batman day!

Quote:
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Reviews aren't in love with it. I didn't even realize that this wasn't a Rocksteady venture. They're probably off doing something fun for next-gen though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-25-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did anyone elses mind blow when they found out in Zelda on SN, there was a dark world with more bosses?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote