Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
For reference for the online class issue, FSU lost 6 scholarships over 3 years (plus self imposed losses), so Miami losing 9 for this scandal is just pathetic. I understand why USCw fans are so upset, I understand why Miami got off lighter by cooperating, but really the NCAA just established you can let boosters do whatever they want and not really get punished.
I was pissed when they first came out, but I understood why we they were so bad. What I am pissed off about the most is that everyone since has gotten off because of their "self imposed" ******** so the NCAA acts like it never happened.

Now that teams (Penn State) are going back and getting schollies given back because they are "meeting requirements that the NCAA gave them" and winning it pisses me off that when we do the same thing they send us out...because they have praised us through this whole process for turning USC into a clean program again.

The lawsuit with McNair is ******* us...until his **** is over we can't sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I was pissed when they first came out, but I understood why we they were so bad. What I am pissed off about the most is that everyone since has gotten off because of their "self imposed" ******** so the NCAA acts like it never happened.

Now that teams (Penn State) are going back and getting schollies given back because they are "meeting requirements that the NCAA gave them" and winning it pisses me off that when we do the same thing they send us out...because they have praised us through this whole process for turning USC into a clean program again.

The lawsuit with McNair is ******* us...until his **** is over we can't sue.
McNair lawsuit has enough information to crush the NCAA and send it tumbling into abyss. Too bad McNair is most likely going to be bought out by the NCAA not to release it.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
You are delusional. 3 scholarships per year? Bahaha, comical. If you don't think its because of what you held back yourself you are crazy.
We didn't report them then, and are trying to get them to count for the 9 scholarships now, what sense does it make that they would count already?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
We didn't report them then, and are trying to get them to count for the 9 scholarships now, what sense does it make that they would count already?
No TV tomorrow? Wake's not much but i usually enjoy watching Mike Campanaro.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Just wait patiently for FSU-NC State afterwards.

You know better.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
It's on ESPNU.

I will hopefully be there! It's employee day so the announced crowd is gonna be fairly large and hopefully the actual attendance is close to it.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-25-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Golden did write that letter begging for people to come to the game and show their support.

Pathetic for a top 10 team ; )

My best friend goes to all the games and you are a big fan DG that is out of state currently, but the fans down here - yikes.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's on ESPNU.

I will hopefully be there! It's employee day so the announced crowd is gonna be fairly large and hopefully the actual attendance is close to it.
Cool. They never list the ESPNU games in my hometown paper here.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's on ESPNU.

Fairly large = 120 people or more, right?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Fairly large = 120 people or more, right?
Ooooooooooooooh

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It's stupid Dolphins Stadium, at the OB the same amount of people showed up and it looked packed.

Seriously though ticket sales are over 65k and there will probably be over 50k at the stadium, which is pretty damn awesome for a game against Wake Forest. Also merch sales have absolutely blown up since Tuesday. Thanks NCAA. :)

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's stupid Dolphins Stadium, at the OB the same amount of people showed up and it looked packed.

Seriously though ticket sales are over 65k and there will probably be over 50k at the stadium, which is pretty damn awesome for a game against Wake Forest. Also merch sales have absolutely blown up since Tuesday. Thanks NCAA. :)
65k is a big for a MAC game.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
65k is a big for a MAC game.
The biggest MAC stadium is 32k. In a pro sports town where there are plenty of things other than football to do on a Saturday I'd say 65k is pretty good for Wake Forest.

That being said Miami always has been a town and city where fans are going to show up if the team is winning big or playing in a big game. The fans in Miami aren't loyal or diehards like you'll find in most other cities. The fact that they're playing in Dolphin Stadium hurts a a little, but even when they were in the OB unless they were a top 25 team they weren't selling out or having big crowds. It's one of the sad realities of playing in Miami.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
The biggest MAC stadium is 32k. In a pro sports town where there are plenty of things other than football to do on a Saturday I'd say 65k is pretty good for Wake Forest.

That being said Miami always has been a town and city where fans are going to show up if the team is winning big or playing in a big game. The fans in Miami aren't loyal or diehards like you'll find in most other cities. The fact that they're playing in Dolphin Stadium hurts a a little, but even when they were in the OB unless they were a top 25 team they weren't selling out or having big crowds. It's one of the sad realities of playing in Miami.
Small school. Poor city full of baseball lovers. The rich dgas about college football.

I never buy the "other things to do" argument. Miami football just isn't a fun thing for most there.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post

Also, I was just slamming draft guru. When doing so, facts are inconsequential.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Taysom Hill for BYU can play.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Small school. Poor city full of baseball lovers. The rich dgas about college football.

I never buy the "other things to do" argument. Miami football just isn't a fun thing for most there.
It's also hot as ****, so people just stay inside.

Can't decide if I should sit in the end zone or midfield on the away side, someone tell me what to do!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's also hot as ****, so people just stay inside.

Can't decide if I should sit in the end zone or midfield on the away side, someone tell me what to do!
Away side will likely not have many wake fans. I'm not even sure they exist.

Normally I'd say stay the hell away from the oppositions fans, but it should be empty of them.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea I'm not really worried about fans, just the end zone would be crazy, went with sideline. It's midfield so it should be pretty sweet.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always go endzone. I just love seeing the plays develop. I can see route combination in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I always go endzone. I just love seeing the plays develop. I can see route combination in action
That was most of the reasoning for sitting in the end zone. But it's lower zone and it was hard for me to see **** last time I went to a Canes game.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

So some Canes fans got together and paid to fly a banner over the stadium today to say thanks to Golden and everyone who stayed with UM through all the NCAA ****.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-26-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
tbl1214
Rookie

tbl1214 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

tbl1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

That was quick for Nebraska and L'ville.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-26-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All rutgers does is block kicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote