Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 8 Discussion Thread

Thursday, October 24th

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sunday, October 27th

San Francisco 49ers at Jacksonville Jaguars (London)
Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills at New Orleans Saints
Pittsburgh Steelers at Oakland Raiders
Dallas Cowboys at Detroit Lions
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons at Arizona Cardinals
Washington Redskins at Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings

Monday, October 28th

Seattle Seahawks at St.Louis Rams

Bye: Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, Tennessee Titans

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 10-23-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No good primetime contests again. Only one NFC team on a bye week out of the six. I guess Dallas at Detroit looks like the best matchup. Steelers/Raiders could be cool. Maybe New York Jets at Cincinnati? The Dolphins have lost three straight and I don't expect that to change going into Foxboro.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-22-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders haven't won coming out of a bye in 10 years. That's insane.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Weeden starts against the Chiefs defense. That would be hilarious.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I do too! :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I do too! :D
Now maybe people understand why I wanted Alex Smith in the off season... He's not even a world breaker but jesus christ at least he isn't bottom 2 or 3 in the league.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 10-22-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My fantasy teams do as well.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Minnesota is like KC last season: solid in a lot of places, but awful coach/QB with a rough schedule to compress it.

The load will be much lighter the next year if we can fix those first 2 glaring holes.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
I think Minnesota is like KC last season: solid in a lot of places, but awful coach/QB with a rough schedule to compress it.

The load will be much lighter the next year if we can fix those first 2 glaring holes.
Frazier seems like a bit of a doucher

Old 10-22-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Frazier seems like a bit of a doucher
Really? He seems like the nicest coach in the NFL.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post

I agree. Minnesota would seem like a new coaches dream. Maybe someone like Gruden would want the challenge there.

The whole QB situation is a mess. They used a high pick on Ponder just a few short years ago and they're kicking him to the curb. They think Josh Freeman might be the answer, really?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Glennon on national television
Mike Evans #13 ROTY
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Daunte Culpepper was probably be a better option for them at this point.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? He seems like the nicest coach in the NFL.
Eh maybe I have a bad perception of him. He always looks angry, then again he's coaching the Vikings right now.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Tennessee should stick to their original uniforms like they wore last Sunday. Looks a lot better.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
for once, i think we'll win. we won't lose again until belichick spanks manning.

edit: brain fart. awesome.
You'll lose in week 11 to the 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I am an Alex Smith supporter and on the Chiefs bandwagon for the rest of the year.

I'm going to go to a bar wearing Brown and Orange this Sunday and stand up and clap for every Alex Smith check down and Weeden overthrow.

If you could put Weeden's arm with Alex Smith's brain you would have a QB that avoided sacks by feeling pressure, went through his reads to identify the correct receiver, and proceeded to overthrow that receiver 15 yards out of bounds.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Chiefs lose to the Bills next week.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Sorry London.
Over here they're calling them "your Jacksonville Jaguars" haha. Them being 0-6 and hysterically bad, probably wasn't part of the plan. The Vikings/Sttelers game was good though, which makes it not as bad, I guess.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

If they want to market over seas they should have two divisional rivals go head to head in London that are supposed to be good teams... Could you imagine KC and Denver playing next year, or Saints Falcons 49ers/Seahawks?

Evens the playing field for both teams since they both lose home games against each other and they should both be very good match ups, have one of the games come after the bye to make up for the long transit, or have their byes follow one of the games.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
fans would riot if they lost rivalry games to london.
Yeah, it would suck on missing out on those games for sure, I was talking about a pure overseas marketing strategy.

Avid NFL fans hardly even care about 49'ers Jaguars though, how are you going to sell your product with that game?

Maybe something like Broncos Patriots, with Brady vs. Manning, that would be a good sell.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get the whole London thing. Our guys don't want to go over there and i doubt they care really. They'd probably just as soon watch some lower level soccer game rather than watch the NFL.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

If Brandon Weeden were a Starcraft unit he would be an interceptor.