Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
What would be the point? Even if he could still play by the time he got in football shape and learned the O the season would be over.
The point is to create headlines. I imagine the process goes something like this.

Step 1: Media outlet asks team to call and ask about Favre
Step 2: Team calls Favre's agent to inquire
Step 3: Team and/or agent let media outlet know about the conversation
Step 4: Media outlet publishes story
Step 5: 10 million hits on article page, story for TV, heavy Twitter activity, etc.

It's an easy way to manufacture a story and get people talking.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. Favre is a cash cow for the media. On this site alone, todayy we had two Favre threads created, and it was talked about in the Free Agency thread. I'm sure PFT/ESPN/etc get more pageviews from this than any other story of the week.

PFT is already saying "Hey, do you think if Alex Smith gets injured and the Chiefs are a contender, Favre MIGHT COME BACK!?!?" They could keept his going for two months.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre isn't coming back, and he's experiencing memory loss and is in favor of enhanced safety protocols:

Quote:
Favre is not coming back, telling the radio station: “It’s flattering, but there’s no way in hell I’m going to do that.”

Favre went on to say that he has started to experience memory loss, which has frightened him.

“This was a little shocking to me that I couldn’t remember my daughter playing youth soccer,” he said. “It was just one summer, I think. I could remember her playing basketball, I could remember her playing volleyball, so I kind of think maybe (I thought) she only played a (soccer) game or two. Well, I think she played like eight. So that’s a little bit scary to me. So for the first time in 44 years, that kind of put a little fear in me.”

And given his perspective as a retired NFL quarterback, Favre said he’s in favor of the rule changes the the league has instituted to help protect players.

“I don’t see how you can’t change with the times and try to protect the players more because of the studies that have come out to what concussions can do,” Favre said. “The players, either retired or some of the few players who are either killing themselves or self-destructing, studies have proven that some of this is because of concussions.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...d-memory-loss/
That should end Favre Watch for good. But it probably won't.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote