Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Sherman is one of those highly intelligent idiots.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Sherman is basically ********.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Sorry but I disagree. He still SP and says SP stuff
Like yesterday when he talked about loving Oakland?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Richard Sherman is one of those highly intelligent idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Richard Sherman is basically ********.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Sherman is the right balance between highly educated and learned and dumb as ****.

I actually don't mind what he is saying. NFL players, even vet minimum guys get paid better than the vast majority of people in the world. They don't have to do it, they can become plumbers or salesmen or whatever they choose.

The NFL is not the same as other industry. You can't use other examples to prove a point, because I am pretty sure if reckless behaviour by an employee, I don't know, we will call him Mandon Brerriweather, caused another employee to injure himself at work that person would be fired.

So, what Sherman is saying does make some sense. NFL players know the risks and are highly compensated for this during their playing days.

Why I think Sherman is dumb, say he gets a few more concussions and then his brain turns to mush in his 40s, by saying this, no court in the world would rule in his favor if he decided to sue the NFL, and it is possibly harming anyone else who would make that claim.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This forum has really done a 180 on the safety issue from a few years ago. It felt like everyone was crying about "tradition" and "football being ruined" and now everyone is on the safety side.

I'm happy, I hope something changes. I cringe so hard when I hear about former linemen with 30+ knee surgeries or 35-50 year old men with dementia. This sport is great, but it's not worth THAT.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFLPU's should agree to drop all future injury lawsuits in lieu of 75% of all NFL contracts being guaranteed.

Problem solved. Still ban blatant spearing and targeted headshots.

Play on.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not a safe game and some rule changes are good to make it safer. But it sucks that they are making games decided by penalties. A lot of times I see a personal foul on a DB for hitting a player when there was literally nothing else the defender could do. Like sometimes I see the receiver catch the pass as the defender is going to make a hit around his hip, then the receiver ducks down a bit and the defender ends up hitting him in the helmet a bit and gets a foul called. I also see alot of quarterbacks leaving their receiver out to dry, the receiver takes a big hit and gets a foul when really that pass should never have been thrown. Are the DBs suppose to just let them catch it? I think quarterbacks should start getting blame for some of it. Obviously you cant call personal fouls on QBs making throws like that but I think they should start getting fined. Part of playing quarterback is protecting you receivers from taking hits like that
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I agree with that, too. The PR is all about "Player Safety!" but it's really about mitigating the NFL's financial risk.
Why can't it be both?

Why are we so sure that the NFL's recent player safety crusade is only motivated by money and protecting the shield? Why is it out of the realm of possibility that people who work for the NFL also really do care about making the game safer?

And even if it were true that one of their main goals is to save face financially down the road, isn't it a good thing that they're making the game safer regardless of the motivation?

The rampant skepticism and pessimism about these rule changes (and the breast cancer thing) - I just don't get it.

Someone brought up the constant losing of equipment midplay. I honestly never notice it. I do remember the new knee pad rule though. I know chin straps must be buckled. I think guys just lose helmets. It happens.

People also always bring up the 18 game situation. That's not a bad point but no one knows for sure what the NFL presented to the player's association about this. All we've known is that the PA said absolutely not and it's not on the table. Also, I'm pretty sure if they went to it they'd nix at least one preseason game and sub in a reg. season game.

And then we completely ignore all the good changes they've made.

1) Eliminated roughly 75% of total kickoffs - the most dangerous play in the sport. I love this rule even football-wise because it makes returns special and return TDs really cool.

2) Strict enforcement and annual review and additions of penalties dealing with defenseless players, helmet contact (RB rule this year), hi low blocks, peel-back blocks, hits below the knee, blows to the head, etc. etc.

The NFL used to push hard hits but if you really pay attention the networks really don't glorify that stuff anymore. They once did, but not anymore.

When I look objectively at what's transpired - regardless of reason, the NFL has made strides to make the game safer. Yet pessimistic people are so quick to say "just to save face financially - PFFFF." Even if that were a part of it - who cares? The important part is that the game is being made safer.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game is not as entertaining as it once was. The league has modified rules so that offense has the advantage. That made the game less physical. The commotion about concussions and injuries adds to the fact. Do not complain to me about getting paid millions to play a game of football. There are much safer jobs out there with less compensation. Decide what is more important to you - your safety or your wallet.

And yes, I am an American who likes old fashioned football. It seems that posters in this thread are making fun of fans like me. But I would gladly swap places with any of the players who complain about their safety. You step on that field, you know what can happen. However, the benefits far outweigh the costs (in my mind) and if you disagree then you should not play because somebody else will gladly take your place.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to suggest that it's the NFL's role to play the nervous father, but I think the "they know the risks" argument goes out the window when it comes to brain damage. People in their 20's are ill-prepared to assess the risk of early-onset dementia. To a 25 year old, 50 is literally a lifetime away.

Last edited by WCH : 10-26-2013 at 12:06 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's an incredibly stupid way to put it, and the comparison to Nascar is just false. Can anyone remember the last time someone actually got that badly hurt from Nascar? The precautions they've taken in the last ten years have been huge, and the sport (not that I watch) has remained largely the same.

And apart from that, what about the people in high schools? High schools are promoting an incredibly violent and hazardous sport, with an incredible amount of long term effects, yet they are doing nothing to help the issue. Hell, it's something that gets rewarded with scholarships for some, meaning you basically are constantly throwing yourself on the line in a school sponsored event for a chance at a scholarship/fame. Nevermind the fact that about 5% (no idea the real amount) of high school players actually make it to college football, and maybe 1% of those players make it to the NFL, with zero compensation for the damage they've taken.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
2) Strict enforcement and annual review and additions of penalties dealing with defenseless players, helmet contact (RB rule this year), hi low blocks, peel-back blocks, hits below the knee, blows to the head, etc. etc.

Has this penalty been called once this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Has this penalty been called once this year?
Yes. DeMarco Murray has had it called on him at least once and maybe a few more. I know at least one player has been fined after the fact as well (Battle).

Last edited by Trogdor : 10-28-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's an incredibly stupid way to put it, and the comparison to Nascar is just false. Can anyone remember the last time someone actually got that badly hurt from Nascar? The precautions they've taken in the last ten years have been huge, and the sport (not that I watch) has remained largely the same.

And apart from that, what about the people in high schools? High schools are promoting an incredibly violent and hazardous sport, with an incredible amount of long term effects, yet they are doing nothing to help the issue. Hell, it's something that gets rewarded with scholarships for some, meaning you basically are constantly throwing yourself on the line in a school sponsored event for a chance at a scholarship/fame. Nevermind the fact that about 5% (no idea the real amount) of high school players actually make it to college football, and maybe 1% of those players make it to the NFL, with zero compensation for the damage they've taken.
The NFL runs a heads up program. Coaches in my area are required to take a concussion management and awareness class. Athletic trainers around my area take concussions very serious. It's well known that preventing sub-concussive hits is what will make the most difference, so the first step was just having the awareness to recognize concussions and take athletes out of the practice/game, evaluate them right afterwards and the next day etc.

I'm sure not all schools are following the new policies that I've seen working in the conference I coach in, but things are absolutely being done. Not like when I was a player and seeing stars or forgetting the day of the week after a big hit was just a funny joke. No one knew or cared.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so now we have Meriweather talking about specifically trying to end guys' careers...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait... you guys actually think that just because Sherman went to Stanford he is highly educated?

He might be one of the smarter NFL players... but lets have a look at his high school grades.

3.9 GPA/990 SAT/1060 retake according to http://georgia.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=8&c=1&nid=1850663

3.9, I will have to assume is a weighted GPA, but if it is not I give him props for that. Although, that GPA shows that he is diligent not intelligent... in my public school it was divided up into AP, Honors and regular... I took one regular class and it was basically babysitting. If he took all regulars he just showed up and did his work.

SAT 990/1060 out of 1600 this is bad, out of 2400 its downright atrocious, so I am not too sure which, but assuming it is out of 1600 its still bad.

I love Richard Sherman the player and even as the troll. But when he opens his mouth and tries to say something intelligent or serious I completely ignore him... because he is not smart... at all... even if he graduated from Stanford.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Wait... you guys actually think that just because Sherman went to Stanford he is highly educated?

He might be one of the smarter NFL players... but lets have a look at his high school grades.

3.9 GPA/990 SAT/1060 retake according to http://georgia.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=8&c=1&nid=1850663

3.9, I will have to assume is a weighted GPA, but if it is not I give him props for that. Although, that GPA shows that he is diligent not intelligent... in my public school it was divided up into AP, Honors and regular... I took one regular class and it was basically babysitting. If he took all regulars he just showed up and did his work.

SAT 990/1060 out of 1600 this is bad, out of 2400 its downright atrocious, so I am not too sure which, but assuming it is out of 1600 its still bad.

I love Richard Sherman the player and even as the troll. But when he opens his mouth and tries to say something intelligent or serious I completely ignore him... because he is not smart... at all... even if he graduated from Stanford.
So are you saying the SAT determines his intelligence but being applied through High School doesn't?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
mrjono
Rookie

mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mrjono is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn on this. I love big hits. I hate how it feels like you can't even hit a WR or QB anymore without drawing a flag. And I 100% agree, nobody forces anybody to play football, they accept the risks, let them play.

But, as a big fan of boxing it's more than the NFL. It's about parents not letting their kids play football anymore. If they do the game'll die a slow death and as silly as it is for parents to judge the safety of their 13 year old son playing football on what they see in the NFL it's what they do. I want to see huge hits, I don't like how WRs can go over the middle without fear anymore and if you touch a QB you get a penalty. But I don't want to see football in 20 years be like boxing is today. I can learn to live grudgingly with the current changes but if Goodell does something like ban the 3 point stance as he's been talking about I'm out. Hopefully it won't come to that.
mrjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Goodell has talked about it, but I doubt the 3 point stances get banned. However, if it does, I think it would reduce concussions. The 3 point stance basically is designed for leading with your head. I remember playing defensive line in 8th grade and my neck would get so tired after the first quarter from being in the 3 point stance that I would just eventually put both hands on the ground and launch my head at the guy in front of me like a maniac.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
So are you saying the SAT determines his intelligence but being applied through High School doesn't?
Yes.

Regular classes require you to color in where certain biological parts of plants and humans go... and then there are classes where the teacher just puts on movies all day... your GPA in high school is pretty meaningless, unless you took AP courses, or went to a highly ranked public school or private school. I am pretty sure he did not, and probably went to an inner city school. Maybe I am scarred from going through the Miami-Dade public school system but it is what it is.

The SAT is the same for everyone in the country who takes it.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SATs are ******** lets be real here

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Yes.

Regular classes require you to color in where certain biological parts of plants and humans go... and then there are classes where the teacher just puts on movies all day... your GPA in high school is pretty meaningless, unless you took AP courses, or went to a highly ranked public school or private school. I am pretty sure he did not, and probably went to an inner city school. Maybe I am scarred from going through the Miami-Dade public school system but it is what it is.

The SAT is the same for everyone in the country who takes it.
Eh. I honestly disagree. Since I am from latin america, I know of ESL (english as a second language) people who get high scores on SAT and I wouldn't necessarily call them smart. Maybe Sherman is not smart, I am not saying he is, I'm just saying SAT and High School scores mean nothing. Just my opinion though.

And if I simply wanted to play devil's advocate, I'd say that going to class and being responsible enough to get good grades and then get a degree from Stanford would be something a smart human being does. Also, not only did he graduate, but he also started a Master's degree.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Has R4L added anything of substance to a SWDC thread, ever?
Uhhh drunken Halo

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Eh. I honestly disagree. Since I am from latin america, I know of ESL (english as a second language) people who get high scores on SAT and I wouldn't necessarily call them smart. Maybe Sherman is not smart, I am not saying he is, I'm just saying SAT and High School scores mean nothing. Just my opinion though.

And if I simply wanted to play devil's advocate, I'd say that going to class and being responsible enough to get good grades and then get a degree from Stanford would be something a smart human being does. Also, not only did he graduate, but he also started a Master's degree.
Shaq has a Ph.D...

Here at UVa, which is not on the same level of Stanford, but still a touted academic school. When we see football players in our classroom we know were in for an easy ride. Philip Sims, prime example, guy was hardly literate and a complete tool.

Do I like SAT scores? No. Are they better than high school GPA? 100% People who I consider intelligent usually did very well on the SAT. I do know some people that I have easily outperformed in college but did much better on the SAT than I did, but I still consider those people intelligent. Most people I have met with low SAT scores usually are of median intelligence. This based mostly from just my high school, so it is biased but this is where my logic stems from.

EDIT: I also agree that foreigners tend to score better on the SAT but only on the Math part, but I think that just speaks about how poor or math education is here in the states. I didn't take calculus till my freshman year, most foreigners I knew taking it were taking it for a 2nd time just for an easy A.

Sherman is not intelligent, at least he doesn't come across that way to me. I get annoyed though that people assume he is smart because of Stanford. 1600/2400 SAT would never even sniff at Harvard, however I know a rower who got in with that score just because rowing team baby.

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 10-29-2013 at 08:57 AM.