Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Baylor Bears

Ok guys with so many power house teams bringing talent into the NFL. A lot of times the kids flop. Bama is starting to get this talk a little. And USC has had it for awhile. Baylor has some talent showing up in the league.

Hits
PHIL TAYLOR
ROBERT GRIFFIN III
JOSH GORDON
TERRANCE WILLIAMS
KENDALL WRIGHT

Busts
DANNY WATKINS
JASON SMITH

So who are all the players on the Bears that are going to be playing on Sundays? I know Lache Seastrunk, but who else.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi Norwood appears to be next in the group of WRs that they churn out every year. Tevin Reese as well but I like Norwood because of the height he has. Based on heigh alone it seems, Levi Norwood = Terrance Williams and Tevin Reese = Kendall Wright.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Goodley. Reminds me of a smaller but more athletic version of Anquan Boldin.
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reese sucks. I watched him and he only knows deep routes. Has very shoddy hands too. Could see him going pretty late. He is fast, though.

But Goodley and Norwood are pretty good.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
gentry200meters
Rookie

gentry200meters hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Goodley has a chance to be special. He's extremely explosive at 5'11", 225 with a reported 4.41 40 in the spring.

Another player flying under the radar is DE Shawn Oakman. He's a Penn State transfer that goes 6'9", 290.

I'm not going to be totally shocked if they both declare this year.
gentry200meters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Ok guys with so many power house teams bringing talent into the NFL. A lot of times the kids flop. Bama is starting to get this talk a little. And USC has had it for awhile. Baylor has some talent showing up in the league.

Hits
PHIL TAYLOR
ROBERT GRIFFIN III
JOSH GORDON
TERRANCE WILLIAMS
KENDALL WRIGHT

Busts
DANNY WATKINS
JASON SMITH

So who are all the players on the Bears that are going to be playing on Sundays? I know Lache Seastrunk, but who else.
Danny Watkins is the definition of bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post

Hits
PHIL TAYLOR
ROBERT GRIFFIN III
JOSH GORDON
TERRANCE WILLIAMS
KENDALL WRIGHT

Busts
DANNY WATKINS
JASON SMITH

I watch them about every week. With another good year Bryce Petty will get a chance in the NFL. Seastrunk is good, they really like Shock Linwood who has potential to be a very good RB. There's Reese, Goodley and Norwood at WR.

Someone mentioned Oakman, they've got a Guard (Cyril Richardson) who's currently #1 on most peoples boards (although I think I'd stay away).

With all that said, I think the player to keep your eye on the most safety Ahmad Dixon
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Someone mentioned Oakman, they've got a Guard (Cyril Richardson) who's currently #1 on most peoples boards (although I think I'd stay away).
Why would you avoid him?
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evaluating O-Linemen from that kind of offense is tricky business.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.

Phil Taylor was originally a Penn State player but got kicked off the team for being an idiot (though turned it around at Baylor).

Norwood was also originally a Penn state commitment but changed his mind late.

Another potentially interesting prospect down the road is DE Shawn Oakman, a legit 6'8. He's still figuring things out. He also was originally at Penn State before also getting kicked off the team for being an idiot.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Petty? He obviously didn't have his best night against Oklahoma, but I've seen him make some pretty damn good throws at other times in the year. It's sort of tough to evaluate him because of how excellent Baylor is with scheme and skill position talent, but it's not like he exclusively throws underneath routes either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those wondering what Oakman did at PSU. He tried to buy some food with his card but was out of points. Clerk took it from him and he wanted it back. He backed her(middle-aged woman) against a wall and scared the bejeebers out of her. It was 6 weeks after O'Brien and he made an example of him. With the scrutiny PSU was under at that time. He had to go. O'Brien did help him find a landing spot at Baylor and it appears the kid has turned things around. Not happy he did it. But, I'll give him a 2nd shot. 19yr old did something stupid and if he stays clean. I don't think there will be any future problems.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
...they've got a Guard (Cyril Richardson) who's currently #1 on most peoples boards (although I think I'd stay away).

With all that said, I think the player to keep your eye on the most safety Ahmad Dixon
I like Dixon too.

Richardson reminds me of Mike Iupati coming out. Very similar players. He is astonishingly agile for a big dude. His arms looked like the thighs of the Oklahoma D linemen. He was tossing them around like a big brother.

He gets high at times but recovers very well.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
I like Dixon too.

Richardson reminds me of Mike Iupati coming out. Very similar players. He is astonishingly agile for a big dude. His arms looked like the thighs of the Oklahoma D linemen. He was tossing them around like a big brother.

He gets high at times but recovers very well.
came to post these two players. dixon was incredibly active and involved in the OU game even if he did get overaggressive at times. I would love to see dixon in a team where both safeties play both spots as he does have good versatility

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
What do you guys think of Petty? He obviously didn't have his best night against Oklahoma, but I've seen him make some pretty damn good throws at other times in the year. It's sort of tough to evaluate him because of how excellent Baylor is with scheme and skill position talent, but it's not like he exclusively throws underneath routes either.
He can make some pretty nice throws, but he seems a bit slow to process information. I noticed it earlier int he year, but it didn't really become a problem for him until last night. He might just need more experience. This is only his first season as a starter.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
underscore
Another potentially interesting prospect down the road is DE Shawn Oakman, a legit 6'8. He's still figuring things out. He also was originally at Penn State before also getting kicked off the team for being an idiot.
Odd the Penn State connection with all those players. But anyone that watches a little Baylor notices this guy, freak show athlete with that size. Has worlds of potential and is getting better and better every week. Has potential to be a super star if he puts it all together.

Like some else said, Dixon is a good player potentially, made a lot of plays against Oklahoma. Will be telling how well that defense plays against better competition. Lackey makes plays all over, very undersized linebacker but could possibly be a 3/4 ILB type.

Richardson is fun to watch, really good player and Petty is more talented than Nick Florence from last season and he still has another year to develop potentially. Odd thing is apparently Florence gave up football after his senior year to go after his Masters degree, I bet he would have got a chance in the NFL if he gave it a try.

But yeah Baylor is legit, Seastrunk and Richardson are arguably the best at their position in the upcoming draft, easily top 4 at their position if anything. And Oakman potentially is of the best young players in college football talent wise. They got some players...
Old 11-09-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Danny Watkins is the definition of bust.
Jason Smith is the definition of a bust - 2nd overall picked who sucked balls.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
Why would you avoid him?
Well first off, let me specify I mean I would avoid him in the middle to late first as he's being discussed by some as going. As keylime said evaluating players offensive lineman from the Big 12 is no easy task, and Baylor plays an offense even less physical than other Big 12 teams like TCU, Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas State.

He's got all the talent to be a top guard, but he hasn't faced that great of competition this year either. I hate having making arguments because of former bust from the same school, but Smith and Watkins were both highly touted guys that did nothing in the NFL.

I wish Baylor ran more NFL style of plays for me to get a good feel from him. He just seems like a player getting by against inferior opponents and a wonderful scheme. Not that he's not a good player with talent, and he would be worth a 2nd-3rd rounder with what I'm seeing right now. But in order for me to condone a first rounder on him, I'm going to need to see more.

I haven't actually watched film exclusively for him, I do that after the season. I just watch games mostly to enjoy now and hit hard once the games are over so this opinion could vary by then.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for your thoughts, I haven't seen him play at all.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think your San Fran's, Carolina's and Seattle types will like Richardson because of his proven experience in a read-option type offense like the league is transitioning too. To me, he's big, strong and can move around. Seastrunk is probably my favorite skill position player this year.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote