Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-08-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tyler Gaffney, RB, Stanford

The guy has really grown on me this year. Been in the system there for awhile at Stanford and actually took last year off to play baseball. As far as wear and tear goes that was probably a good thing.

Gaffney looks to be in that 6-1 220 range and can run it straight up with a little bit of wiggle and some power. He also catches it well and knows how to block. Reminds me a little of a Craig James type for you semi old timers.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wonder if he's going to translate well into the NFL. Stanford seems to have a productive RB every year over the last 5 or 6 years, but they haven't shown a lot in the NFL so far.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you had Toby Gerhart who was drafted fairly high and Stepfan Taylor now with the Cardinals. Not great but guys in the league. Gaffney would probably be a middle round pick i would think.

On a sidenote it's probably not worth a mid round pick having his own thread.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Stepfan Taylor while he was at Stanford - kind of disappointed he hasn't got a chance really with Arizona and now Ellington is emerging.

I like Gaffney - he is a very tough runner with good size. Seems to be always going forward and rarely negative plays. Good hands doesn't hurt. I can see him being taken where Taylor was last year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah there have been like 2 stanford RBs in the past years. Gerhart is behind AD and Taylor is a rookie.

I don't love Gaffney. He is a very good college back but I don't see him as special. Not enough burst for the nfl. He is a little faster than he looks because he is a smooth runner. I do love his power, balance and leg drive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His toughness will get him a look in the league possible, hard nose runner he will get an opportunity. But like others have said not sure he will be a big time player and is not a big time talent. However something has to be said about him playing over and keeping Wilkerson off the field as well as Barry Sanders Jr.

But that offensive line, full backs and tight ends are the reason they run the football so well and so consistently.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is baseball still a possibility for him? Only a 110 AB sample size, but he did pretty well for himself while in the Pirates system. Not sure he's an absolutely stellar prospect in either sport, but I'm pretty sure he could hang onto an NFL roster for a bit if he decided to go that route. I don't see a special back though. Maybe not even a "starting" caliber guy either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
However something has to be said about him playing over and keeping Wilkerson off the field as well as Barry Sanders Jr..
Wilkerson is talented but he just doesn't have the feel that Gaffney does. Gaffney might not break home runs but he gets the blocked yardage pretty consistently and breaks some tackles as well.

Sanders is just a year away. He is pretty far down the depth chart for now. He has flashed and earned himself the PR job though. Next year be warned though. That great OL class is coming through and Sanders is gonna blow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
niel89
Wilkerson is talented but he just doesn't have the feel that Gaffney does. Gaffney might not break home runs but he gets the blocked yardage pretty consistently and breaks some tackles as well.

Sanders is just a year away. He is pretty far down the depth chart for now. He has flashed and earned himself the PR job though. Next year be warned though. That great OL class is coming through and Sanders is gonna blow up.
I assumed this would be the year for Sanders, but it is not because of Gaffney coming back and playing so well. And as for the OL they are going to lose Wilkes which is huge, he is playing well and Yankey is their best lineman and he is gone too, as is Danser. Hewitt is a big loss in the run game as well as a HB/TE, Fleming is a RS junior I believe so if he comes back that will help a lot, and Peat is a damn good player he will be back, I do not know much about the OL recruits they have coming in though. They always reload pretty well, and have that system and mentality in place.

But Stanford next year will look completely different. That amazing front seven on defense really helps them be able to run the ball so often and get the ball back, they will will lose an absolute ton of talent. Skov, Anderson, Murphy, Mauro, Gardner and Tarpley, that is not even talking about the safeties that might go as well. One of the best front sevens in the nation and Skov is playing out of his mind, the time is now for them. They will look a lot different next year at many different positions.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
BrabbitMcRabbit
Rookie

BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanders has not flashed much and is not really a prospect to take seriously yet. Maybe if he actually shows something on the field, but as of right now he's nowhere near the top of Stanford's depth chart. Very overrated prospect because of his name. He's more Jarrett Payton than Peyton Manning.

As for Gaffney, he's a solid player and not much more than that. Good at everything. Exceptional at very little. Not slow, but not explosive or elusive by NFL standards. If he gets drafted it will be as a day 3 pick. Probably a career backup at best if he decides to stick with football (he might have a brighter future in baseball).

If Jeremy Stewart can make a pro roster then I wouldn't bet against him. He's tough, versatile, and determined. Just doesn't have that "wow" factor of a pro starter.
BrabbitMcRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
So you had Toby Gerhart who was drafted fairly high and Stepfan Taylor now with the Cardinals. Not great but guys in the league. Gaffney would probably be a middle round pick i would think.

On a sidenote it's probably not worth a mid round pick having his own thread.
Because there is so much other discussion going on? Nothing wrong with a thread on any prospect IMO.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote