Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-31-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/1...state-of-the-u

Miami blogger on Tomahawk Nation.

If this is how Miami thinks you beat Jameis Winston it will be a long day.....

Quote:
Defending Jameis Winston is going to take pressure from the front 4, and blitzes from the linebackers. Everyone has seen teams try to drop 7 in coverage and dare him to make the right reads and throws. It's safe to say he's proven he can do that. Miami will have to mix things up, but bringing blitzes from multiple places will have to occur.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/1...state-of-the-u

Miami blogger on Tomahawk Nation.

If this is how Miami thinks you beat Jameis Winston it will be a long day.....
I havent gotten to see much, but it makes sense if people haven't pressured him a ton in the past games. Its been a lonnnnnnnnng day for all of them, so Miami might as well bring some heat to see how he reacts.

Like I said, I havent seen much of their games this year and how they have played him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I havent gotten to see much, but it makes sense if people haven't pressured him a ton in the past games. Its been a lonnnnnnnnng day for all of them, so Miami might as well bring some heat to see how he reacts.

Like I said, I havent seen much of their games this year and how they have played him.
Teams have blitzed him like crazy and he absolutely destroys them, he threw for nearly 300 yards against Clemson when they blitzed.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/1...-blitz-clemson

Last edited by MassNole : 10-31-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will almost guarantee Winston will see the fewest amount of blitzing and the most zone coverage he's seen all year against Miami.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

He's seen constant pressure/blitzes all year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I will almost guarantee Winston will see the fewest amount of blitzing and the most zone coverage he's seen all year against Miami.
Please give him all night to throw.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Please give him all night to throw.
And all day for the WRs to get open.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-31-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's probably gonna complete 80% of his passes but it will be for the worst average all year. Bunch of 10+ play drives. The all day to throw won't really matter because he'll be getting rid of it quick to underneath guys.

Curious to see if we run more nickel this week than normal, we're basically always in our base set in the first half. I'm HOPING (and half expecting), to see Gunter on Benjamin's side, Tracy on Greene's, then more Antonio Crawford at nickel than normal, with McCord getting more snaps than normal as well. We don't generate much pass rush on 1st and 2nd down, forcing teams to dink and dunk it, so Winston will have to take the underneath stuff and hit it consistently. I don't think you'll be able to run for ****, you'll get some but the game is going to be on Winston being consistent underneath. It's why I think the 21 pt spread is odd, unless FSU wins 28-7 I don't expect them to have enough time to score 35+ (unless there are coverage busts deep which there haven't really been this year).

Don't think FSU's front 7 is as stout as UF's either, and the OL is playing a lot better now than they were earlier in the season. Morris will have to be consistent for UM to have a chance with or without the run game working though.

If both teams play good football, I expect FSU to win by 14ish (31-17), if UM can force a few TOs and get a big special teams play for Duke/Stacy, and Morris is consistent, I think it's a late game toss up (28-27), if UM plays like they did against UNC, FSU wins 41-14.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

What ****** program USF turned back into after a solid run.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-31-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
What ****** program USF turned back into after a solid run.
Maybe that freshman QB will be something for them to build on. The houston freshmen QB O'Korn looked pretty good tonight as well.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Sports radio this morning was quite feisty.

You want it Miami....you got it.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Kelly with 7 total TDs - great dual threat QB - gets zero attention. ASU 6-2 yet no one is talking about them.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Taylor Kelly with 7 total TDs - great dual threat QB - gets zero attention. ASU 6-2 yet no one is talking about them.
The problem is they fell flat in their big game vs. Stanford (final score a lot closer than what that game really was) and losing at home to ND was not good either considering ND isn't that good themselves this year.

They have a dynamic offense though, that's for sure.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because losing to Notre Dame was stupid. And most people simply don't care about teams that aren't relevant to the NC picture.

Has McCarney been doing good work at North Texas or is it just because C-USA is really, really bad? I could see them finishing with 9 wins and the Ball State win kind of impresses me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas ain't no home game for Arizona State.

But at the same time, there was that whole Wisconsin **** show at home.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Dallas ain't no home game for Arizona State.

But at the same time, there was that whole Wisconsin **** show at home.
Forgot it was neutral site, derp. Still not a good loss by any means.

And yes, the Wisconsin **** show.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I just look at how the media was all over UCLA and Hundley when in all honesty Kelly and ASU look just as good if not better.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jameis Winston is a cyborg. Pressure him. Play zone. Doesn't matter. THe 'Canes don't have enough on defense to contain Winston.

FSU's D is beast but for some odd reason keep sleeping on the Seminoles secret weapon to winning a NC.

The 'Canes will almost need a miracle to score 21 points against FSU.
FSU is going to go for at least double that amount..42-45 points.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Well that was easy for USC.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real nice to have Marqise back.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU's all orange look is just bad.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I love me some Buck Allen.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

**** just got real

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a very exciting week. I hope Miami FSU is close of this could be a real boring week.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Every year against Miami we break out some plays we've never previously shown. I wonder what Jimbo has up his sleeve this year, my guess is it involves Kermit Whitfield.