Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-02-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jameis Winston - QB - Florida State (2015 or 2016)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...aft-scout-says

Quote:
If Florida State redshirt freshman quarterback Jameis Winston was eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft, he'd probably be the first overall pick, an NFL scout told the Orlando Sentinel.

"Rarely do you see a quarterback at Winston's age who has the combination of size, speed, arm strength and field awareness that he has," the scout, who requested anonymity, told Sentinel columnist Mike Bianchi. "He's a bigger, stronger, faster version of (Louisville's) Teddy Bridgewater."
He's the #1 overall pick whichever year he decides to come out. What team would he be the best fit for?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team really. However, it's hard to garner such young Qbs. A lot of guys who come out after RS Soph. years do not excel well in this league because of maturity and not ready to take on being the face of the franchise in a city/state.

I think that's a strong reason why Andrew Luck didn;'t come out. I think Mariotta and Hundley won't come out either. Coaches will advise it's better to play that 3rd year of college ball because the NFL is a new ball park. New System and they've played the read option.

Back to Winston: I've seen a lot to say he can be the #1 QB and overall pick next year. But a lot can happen from now until then. Hackenburgh to me, reminds me a lot of Andrew Luck. Penn State just has a horrid Oline, inconsistency at RB, and no WRs besides Robinson.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston fits any team. He's a quarterback who operates from the pocket and a guy who does that will always have an upper-hand over one who doesn't. If we were talking about Marcus Mariota, the conversation would be different. I feel Mariota benefits from a gimmicky offense and I don't know if he has the arm strength or accuracy to excel in the NFL. Those questions don't arise with Jameis.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Winston. Physically he reminds me a lot of Luck. He just has a natural feel for the game, buys time in the pocket, and delivers impressive throw after impressive throw. I'd be cool with the Pats paying an RGIII esque price in picks for him.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9/10. Would draft.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I love Winston. Physically he reminds me a lot of Luck. He just has a natural feel for the game, buys time in the pocket, and delivers impressive throw after impressive throw. I'd be cool with the Pats paying an RGIII esque price in picks for him.
Who ever has the 1st pick when he declares will not give up that opportunity, even if it was that price.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching him for the first time and I get a Ben Roethlisberger vibe.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the number 1 pick whenever he declares. Which will probably be after next year.

He is outstanding at the two most important qualities for an NFL QB, the ability to feel pressure and move in the pocket, and accuracy. Two things I thought EJ really struggled with, which was why I was never a big fan of him as a pro prospect. But these traits are what separate the mediocre QB's from the great ones.

Its not arm strength or athleticism that separates Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers. Its the ability to move in the pocket and put the ball where receivers can make plays.

He winds up a bit with his release, but has a huge arm to compensate.
BuddyCHRIST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason it's not good for most QBs to come out super early is because they don't have the reps in big games and big situations. Even Luck's first year he was mostly just handing off to Toby Gerhart. Winston has been playing Senior QB reps since Game 2 this year. He'll be ready.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah pretty much the black Andrew Luck, that's actually better at a younger age.
rawdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Watching him for the first time and I get a Ben Roethlisberger vibe.
Is it ok to compare him to a white guy?

I see a lot of similarities in their pocket presence and their ability to throw the ball downfield. Until something better comes along that comparison is pretty fair i think.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Winston is getting more hype because he goes to florida state. No doubt he deserves it. He's a heck of a player. But I still think Bridgewater is better prospect slightly ahead of Winston and slightly below Luck.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater is nowhere close to Luck as a prospect. Teddy is good but not close to once in a generation.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My main concern with Winston is his wacky release. Looks like he winds up a little too much.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Winston is getting more hype because he goes to florida state. No doubt he deserves it. He's a heck of a player. But I still think Bridgewater is better prospect slightly ahead of Winston and slightly below Luck.
He's getting more hype because he's years beyond where he should be as a QB. He is the closest thing CFB has to Lebron James.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I mean Jameis needs to stay at FSU for at least another season, preferably two, to refine his game and learn how to react when Offensive coordinators are scheming to specifically stop him.

But I think there's a growing consensus he'd be the 1/1 pick if he was eligible for the 2014 draft.

Bridgewater doesn't have Winston's tools, which is the main point of separation I see between them.

If WInston stays until RS junior year, he's going to be rated one of the best QB prospects ever.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we stop speculating that Winston will stay beyond next season. Not going to happen.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Can we stop speculating that Winston will stay beyond next season. Not going to happen.
Depends if he wants to win a third Heisman.

People say he played his worst game last night, he still had an adjusted QBR of 94.6.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They guy looks really good. Great set of tools, is playing well, seems like a good character guy, and I like his pocket presence. I'm not ready to crown a guy the best prospect after 8 games though. He is on track for a high pick though.

A couple if his throws last night weren't great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Exactly. You strike when the iron is hot. He was a 4.0 student in high school. He's too smart to stay.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Exactly. You strike when the iron is hot. He was a 4.0 student in high school. He's too smart to stay.
Since when does an athlete's high school GPA correlate with his decision to stay or leave? Luck was really smart and stayed at Stanford an extra year.

Not saying Winston is going to stay, but citing his high school GPA as a reason for doing so is silly.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Since when does an athlete's high school GPA correlate with his decision to stay or leave? Luck was really smart and stayed at Stanford an extra year.

Not saying Winston is going to stay, but citing his high school GPA as a reason for doing so is silly.
If anything it reinforces the idea he might stay to earn a degree.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post

Andrew Luck would've gone after his sophomore year if they won the national championship.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston is the truth. Andre Luck v.2.0. Not such a prodigy mentally but he has a superior deep ball. More of a gunslinger than Luck.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Andrew Luck would've gone after his sophomore year if they won the national championship.
No he wouldn't have. Luck stayed so he could finish his Architectural Design degree. Regardless the notion that someone's high school GPA is related at all to whether or not they will leave for the NFL is stupid.