Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-19-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
So conferences are no only made up of one team?

For all the posturing in the BCS era, the ACC has as many MNCs as the B1G (with its members having more).
MNCs = one a piece. You don't get to count Miami.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say in the rest of your sentence.

FSU is 2-5 in BCS games. That is shamefully bad. The only other ACC team to win a BCS game is VT and that was awhile ago. Your conference blows. FSU has mostly blown other than very early BCS and this year.

This year, I think FSU is the best team.

During the BCS era, OSU has been awesome. USC and Bama have arguments for the best, with LSU right behind. OSU is behind those three, and have been the most consistent of all of them.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, you're saying Iowa didn't win the MNC in 2002?!?!?!

Also, the "my conference is better than your conference" game is idiotic and counting accomplishments from other teams in your conference is hilarious, but if we're going to go that road then the ACC doesn't even get to claim Miami's MNC.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Nope, USC was a great team. They may have been blatantly cheating their asses off, but they were great.
Oh, so like you guys? Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UCLA/ASU should be fun. Think I'll be attending.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Oh, so like you guys? Gotcha.
Yep. However, USC was on another level. Houses, cars, etc. a little bit more than tats (just ignore what OSU likely didn't get caught doing).

I notice you get your chest all puffy the minute after USC stops sucking. Consistency man, get with it. You were all meek during the suckage.

For example, concerning OSU vs USC, Punisher is always a dick, that's why I like him.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three sacks and three forced fumbles for Mack in the first half. 16 career FF now has him two clear of the previous record.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Three sacks and three forced fumbles for Mack in the first half. 16 career FF now has him two clear of the previous record.
Guy is a beast. Top 10, maybe top 5 pick.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep. However, USC was on another level. Houses, cars, etc. a little bit more than tats (just ignore what OSU likely didn't get caught doing).

I notice you get your chest all puffy the minute after USC stops sucking. Consistency man, get with it. You were all meek during the suckage.

For example, concerning OSU vs USC, Punisher is always a dick, that's why I like him.
Meh, you guys have never done anything other than consistently get your ass kicked by USC and the SEC.

They bought houses and cars for one guy...that isn't on another level compared to what all the other ***** are doing. Thats OSU included.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Meh, you guys have never done anything other than consistently get your ass kicked by USC.

They bought houses and cars for one guy...that isn't on another level compared to what all the other ***** are doing. Thats OSU included.
That's more like it.

You are skipping OJ Mayo and a whole bunch of other stuff, but that's understandable.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
That's more like it.

You are skipping OJ Mayo and a whole bunch of other stuff, but that's understandable.
Yes, because that has anything to do with the football program that we are talking about.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes, because that has anything to do with the football program that we are talking about.
It does, because it was all related. Lack of Institutional Control, boosters running the show, etc... But, honestly, I don't really care about it.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
It does, because it was all related. Lack of Institutional Control, boosters running the show, etc... But, honestly, I don't really care about it.
Care so little that you constantly bring it up...gotcha.

Good talk.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Also, the "my conference is better than your conference" game is idiotic and counting accomplishments from other teams in your conference is hilarious, but if we're going to go that road then the ACC doesn't even get to claim Miami's MNC.
No, your conference sucks. Pac-12 #2!

SEC is the best but I don't think they are waaay better than the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Care so little that you constantly bring it up...gotcha.

Good talk.
It's easy to troll you with. Especially when you PAC 12 guys get all uppity about the b1g.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
No, your conference sucks. Pac-12 #2!

SEC is the best but I don't think they are waaay better than the rest.
Pffft! Michigan is the winningest program in college football history. Plus we had the Fab Five, and they're the only college basketball team that anybody actually gives a **** about.

Wait...I'm starting to notice a trend of good teams paying their players...
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Consistency... man, consistency. :)

I actually don't really care about arguing against the B1G, ACC, or any other conference because as it stands the SEC is the sister boning, media darling, dark lord of college football.

Once Satan and the Gumps fall, College football will be restored.(For USC to remain supreme of course)

Last edited by Punisher : 11-20-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Consistency... man, consistency. :)

I actually don't really care about arguing against the B1G, ACC, or any other conference because as it stands the SEC is the sister boning, media darling, dark lord of college football.

Once Satan and the Gumps fall, College football will be restored.(For USC to remain supreme of course)
Me too. Massnole got me fired up about it when I'm even telling him that I think FSU is the best team in the country. That's when the team I pull for is getting ridiculously marginalized by ESPN and a few other mediots because trolling OSU fans gets you hits. Until it doesn't because everyone is getting tired of the needless bias.

It's about money when it's all said and done and ESPN sees the Big Ten Network as a threat. The Pac12 and B1G were in discussions to start their own super sister networks and even went so far as to schedule rotating B1G and Pac12 league games but ESPN blew that up.

**** ESPN and their agenda.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's easy to troll you with. Especially when you PAC 12 guys get all uppity about the b1g.
Come on now, i like Ohio St.

Still celebrating that 1974 Rose Bowl victory over the Trojans.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Winston

Things are heating up.

Quote:
Statement: Police warned accuser about pursuing Jameis Winston matter

Matt Baker, Times Staff Writer 
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:34am
A Tallahassee detective told an accuser's attorney that Tallahassee is a "big football town" and her client's life could "be made miserable" if she pursued a sexual assault case against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, according to an exclusive statement released by the family to the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday.

The statement — released through the family's attorney — is the first public comments from the complainant and her family since allegations surfaced last week that Winston was involved in the investigation of a sexual assault reported in December.

Winston has not been arrested or charged with a crime, and his attorney has publicly denied any wrongdoing by his client. The Times does not identify possible victims of sexual assault investigations.

A Tallahassee police spokesman told the Times on Nov. 8 that an incident was reported after a woman took a shot from an unknown person and left a Tallahassee bar in a cab. According to a heavily redacted police report, the woman said a sexual assault happened between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Tallahassee police responded to a call about two hours later.

After the woman — a Florida State student from the Tampa Bay area — identified Winston as the suspect in early January, "the family grew concerned that she would be targeted on campus" and requested assistance from an attorney friend, according to the statement.

"When the attorney contacted Detective (Scott) Angulo immediately after Winston was identified, Detective Angulo told the attorney that Tallahassee was a big football town and the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against him because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable," the family said.

The family also said that Angulo refused to collect Winston's DNA or interview his roommate, a possible witness in the case, because doing so would alert Winston and allow the case to go public.

A public record request by the Times revealed no search warrants executed under Winston's name. And there are no public search warrants related to sex crimes that match the address of the building Winston reportedly lives in. In addition, the public record request did not reveal that any search warrants have been executed in relation to the case since Nov. 11. There is no way to know if there are search warrants that have been carried out but are confidential at this time.

The family also questioned why Winston's attorney, Tim Jansen, was told that the case had been closed in February without FSU police interviewing Winston or collecting DNA.

"The family was shocked to hear that Winston's attorney was not only aware of the case but had been told by Tallahassee Police Department that the case had been closed in February," the family said. "All the while, the family was awaiting blood work results until early April."

Among the questions raised in the statement about the handling of the case:

• Why was Winston not listed as the suspect in the police report when he was identified in early January?

• Why did it take Detective Angulo fourth months to verbally inform the family of the blood work results?

• Why didn't Detective Angulo or his superiors inform the State Attorney of the crime before the media sought a copy of the police report 11 months after the crime?

The family said they are not responsible for the leak of this information, which comes during the height of Winston's Heisman Trophy campaign and FSU's push for its first national title since 1999.

"It was never the intent of the victim or the family for this to become public," the family said. "The victim was trying to move on with her life, which has now been turned upside down once again."

Winston, a redshirt freshman, was a five-star recruit in the class of 2012. In January of that year, he was the MVP of the Under Armour All-America Game at Tropicana Field.

He emerged as a Heisman Trophy candidate this season in his first year as FSU's starting quarterback. Winston has thrown for 28 touchdowns and almost 3,000 yards this season for the second-ranked Seminoles, who are 10-0 and have already clinched a spot in the ACC title game.

Winston was 19-of-21 passing for 277 yards and two touchdowns in last week's 59-3 rout of Syracuse.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how they provide Winston's stat line at the end of the article. That's exactly what I wanted to know after reading all that.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I like how they provide Winston's stat line at the end of the article. That's exactly what I wanted to know after reading all that.
The stat line was code speak for, "don't be stupid enough to think this thing is ever going anywhere"
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when MassNole tried telling us all this wasn't a cover-up and Tallahasse police "HATE FSU PLAYERZZZ"? Well, here we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also waiting for a libel lawsuit any day now.

Plus, the girl was drunk and possibly was arrested for disorderly conduct that day/night, so that means she couldn't possibly have been assaulted by anyone.

And Meatchicken is gonna lose Saturday. We now have 3 legit TEs to run around wide open on them.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Remember when MassNole tried telling us all this wasn't a cover-up and Tallahasse police "HATE FSU PLAYERZZZ"? Well, here we are.
Sometimes watching his mental gymnastics are impressive. He is gonna twist this in a jiffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The stat line was code speak for, "don't be stupid enough to think this thing is ever going anywhere"
You watch it man!

And .....correct.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote