Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.
Default Patella Tendon?

What exactly is the patella tendon? Is it worse than a ACL tear? Can you come back full speed from it?

(and yes I am asking this because of Gary Baxter)
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They say that it is worse. That's all I know.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
ThALiVinLeGeND

The patella tendon is the insertion point for all four regions of your quadricept. It is located right above the knee(aka patella). I do not know much about injuring it but i assume its really bad since you're quadricept is a very important muscle.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Thats what I hear too.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThALiVinLeGeND View Post
The patella tendon is the insertion point for all four regions of your quadricept. It is located right above the knee(aka patella). I do not know much about injuring it but i assume its really bad since you're quadricept is a very important muscle.
That is some good insight, thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Gary comes back from this (doesn't matter when) he is a legit freak and his DNA need preserved.

He claims he is already full strength and plans to be back this year, CRAZY...i can only hope this is true. Though i do think he would have to make the move to FS, putting Pool at CB.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThALiVinLeGeND View Post

What the hell is a quadricept

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
What the hell is a quadricept
your quad? aka the wrong part of your leg..aka the opposite side of the hamstring

if u didnt see the interview..you to nfl.com and watch it. very inspiring and sad but great to see him back

"It can be career ending or career defining. Im making it career defining."

"Those who doubt me, i'll prove them wrong"

Last edited by remix 6 : 04-09-2007 at 08:43 PM.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Achilles is way worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
i think Achilles is way worse
no way.

we've seen achiles injuries..LaVar to name 1..he was immobilized completely like Baxter.

Petella is your knee..you need your knees to keep you up
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
no way.

we've seen achiles injuries..LaVar to name 1..he was immobilized completely like Baxter.

Petella is your knee..you need your knees to keep you up
sorry it was a poor joke about the thread starter:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

alright bro, well bein in medschool and working in a physical therapy clinic everyday i can tell ya that this is a pretty rare injury, in half a year ive seen 1..to put that into perspective ive seen about 8 acl injuries.. Not to put you to sleep with what exactly the patellar (you may also see it written as patella..both are correct) tendon is ill give ya a brief overview of what it does and why its such a serious injury; its a knee extension injury; When the tendon ruptures it basically loses support to the tibia (shin bone). When you lose this support you are basically unable to straighten your knee out. Being that the tendon is outside the joint it cannot be repaired arthroscopically thus surgery is needed. The main problem comes from the fact that it is such a strong tendon, when fixed there is generally a significant amount of weakness and pain. More often than not when someone in their 20s ruptures this tendon it usually means steroid usage, although that is not 100%. And there are those who make completely healthy recoveries, ive seen it. Hope that was helpful.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 04-09-2007 at 09:05 PM.
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patella Tendon is gods way to destroy the whats left of the Cleveland Browns franchise.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
your quad? aka the wrong part of your leg..aka the opposite side of the hamstring

if u didnt see the interview..you to nfl.com and watch it. very inspiring and sad but great to see him back

"It can be career ending or career defining. Im making it career defining."

"Those who doubt me, i'll prove them wrong"
I was just pointing out a sp error. I know what the quadricep is duh.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Patella Tendon is gods way to destroy the whats left of the Cleveland Browns franchise.
Or moving to Baltimore.....

......Or drafting Tim Couch
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Or moving to Baltimore.....

......Or drafting Tim Couch
and i hope modell rots in hell

....dont dis couch:p

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteeagle View Post
and i hope modell rots in hell

....dont dis couch:p
Art Modell has done so many great things for the NFL, get over the crybaby tactics because he moved the team. Its not like you had your team stolen in the dead of night, your colors and history taken as well, or our your legends represented in the HoF under a city they never played for. And I agree with the Couch reference, he got paid and his wife is hot! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Art Modell has done so many great things for the NFL, get over the crybaby tactics because he moved the team. Its not like you had your team stolen in the dead of night, your colors and history taken as well, or our your legends represented in the HoF under a city they never played for. And I agree with the Couch reference, he got paid and his wife is hot! :D
The city of Baltimore could have challenged for the rights to the Colts just like the city of Cleveland did for the Browns, and they probably would have won. They chose not to.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

IMO the Browns could be cursed. With all of their injuries to big name draft picks or big FA's (Winslow, Edwards, Bently, and now Baxter) there is definitly something going on. Coincedences don't happen like that. We will see if Steinbach gets hurt this year....
Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The patella tendon is the tendon in relation to your knee cap and it is probably worse than the ACL

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

cleveland has a franchise? i thought they had a minor league for the high schools.
reinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
hmm he also fired paul brown and forced jim brown into retirement...hes still the most hated man in cleveland and will be for a very long time

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
alright bro, well bein in medschool and working in a physical therapy clinic everyday i can tell ya that this is a pretty rare injury, in half a year ive seen 1..to put that into perspective ive seen about 8 acl injuries.. Not to put you to sleep with what exactly the patellar (you may also see it written as patella..both are correct) tendon is ill give ya a brief overview of what it does and why its such a serious injury; its a knee extension injury; When the tendon ruptures it basically loses support to the tibia (shin bone). When you lose this support you are basically unable to straighten your knee out. Being that the tendon is outside the joint it cannot be repaired arthroscopically thus surgery is needed. The main problem comes from the fact that it is such a strong tendon, when fixed there is generally a significant amount of weakness and pain. More often than not when someone in their 20s ruptures this tendon it usually means steroid usage, although that is not 100%. And there are those who make completely healthy recoveries, ive seen it. Hope that was helpful.

I'm 21, I've torn mine and I am almost fully recovered from it. It's been a hard road but the knee feels stronger than it was before. People definitely can come back for it, I'm planning on going back to playing DE for a team when the new season starts over here.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote