Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-06-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think it's way more fantasy to believe that a rookie QB is going to step into that offensive situation and out duel Andrew Luck with a defense that's been below average without the injury-riddled Cushing.

Clowney's way more of a *gulp* sure thing. He's going to step in from day one and be a monster. With hall of fame potential.
I think it's way more of a "fantasy" that fans want to see Watt and Clowney together than the likelihood of if it actually happening. QB is still king when it comes to importance of positions in the NFL. The new coach isn't going to come in and roll with Schaub and Keenum driving their offense.

Foster is done. Andre, still talented as he is, is old. You need a QB to lead your team into the future. That will be the pick, IMO.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney and trade up for Bortles. Though, they will prob trade up for Johnny Manziel after taking Clowney.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yes and last year they had the best D lineman in football and made the playoffs. The year before they had the best D lineman in football and were maybe the best team up until the playoffs.
They had solid QB play last year. When they got to the Playoffs, they got 41 points hung on them by a team with a better QB.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with using a #1 overall pick on a D-lineman, is that even if he's great, it's not going to turn around a franchise. At least there's a chance a QB can dramatically change the Texans. Mario Williams is a good player, but what did the Texans accomplish with him?

Also, there's a chance the Texans won't be able to afford to keep Watt and Clowney together beyond Clowney's rookie contract. If they both command top pass rusher contracts, can the Texans really afford to pay them both.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Clowney and trade up for Bortles. Though, they will prob trade up for Johnny Manziel after taking Clowney.
Best idea i've heard all day. Bortles would be my first choice to trade up for.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Foster is done .
Is Foster really done? He's only going to be 28 next season, doesn't have that much tread on his tires, and Gronk came back pretty strong from a similar back surgery this season.

I wouldn't close the book on Foster yet.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really has much more to it than we can answer right now. For example, is Kubiak going to be back? Will Cutler be availble in free agency?

If not, I think Kyle Shanahan could be the replacement. The scheme would be a fit and Cutler may reunite with that scheme if available. If not, I'm sure he would like to bring in his own rookie QB as well.

Even if Kubiak returns, he'll likely go get the QB to get him a few more years (Marvin Lewis).

I think there's several QBs in this class that could be successful in that system, several of whom will be available in Round 2 or 3.

Personally, I take Jadaveon Clowney, and come back in Round 2 and coming back with a Manziel or McCarron in rd 2
Old 12-06-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy, 12 times out of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
This really has much more to it than we can answer right now. For example, is Kubiak going to be back? Will Cutler be availble in free agency?

If not, I think Kyle Shanahan could be the replacement. The scheme would be a fit and Cutler may reunite with that scheme if available. If not, I'm sure he would like to bring in his own rookie QB as well.

Even if Kubiak returns, he'll likely go get the QB to get him a few more years (Marvin Lewis).

I think there's several QBs in this class that could be successful in that system, several of whom will be available in Round 2 or 3.

Personally, I take Jadaveon Clowney, and come back in Round 2 and coming back with a Manziel or McCarron in rd 2
welp, 1 question out of the way. Kubiak's out.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now we're on to Kyle Shanahan being coach...
Old 12-06-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Lovie Smith gets the job, Houston could go 4-3, making Clowney a strong possibility. I think they take Bridgewater though. Defense is good enough as is. Pretty much only need a QB to get back to the top of the AFC conversation.

Though, I could see them going after Cutler (if he's allowed to leave and Lovie is NOT the coach) and then maybe trading down a couple spots to take Matthews.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

The more I think it over the more I realize the Texans aren't taking Clowney. At least not unless they have no other choice. He's option C at best. The Texans ideal choice will be a QB. Option B will be trading down. If those option don't work, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take a position player other than Clowney. Drafting another Mario Williams and settling on a 3rd rate QB prospect makes no sense.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston are you excited?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I would like to add to this discussion. If the Texans pass on Bridgewater for Clowney are they willing to allow him to fall to a division rival like the Jags?

If he develops like most believe they'll have the dubious pleasure of facing both Luck and Bridgewater 4 times per year.

Good luck with that.......
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
One thing I would like to add to this discussion. If the Texans pass on Bridgewater for Clowney are they willing to allow him to fall to a division rival like the Jags?
It's kind of funny to say this given this was a team that once upon a time was thought of as a contender to go 0-16 but, I'm not sure Bridgewater would fall to the Jaguars if the Texans passed on him.

The Jaguars have won four of five and the Vikings haven't won four of anything.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have to take Bridgewater. And when did everyone else jump on the Bortles bandwagon?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
It's kind of funny to say this given this was a team that once upon a time was thought of as a contender to go 0-16 but, I'm not sure Bridgewater would fall to the Jaguars if the Texans passed on him.

The Jaguars have won four of five and the Vikings haven't won four of anything.
Yep....good point. I kinda forgot how lousy the Vikes have been this year and given their current QB mess of Ponder and Cassel and Freeman, there should be little to no doubt they would take Bridgewater if they pick in front of the Jags.

Good call....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans have to take Teddy Bridgewater. It shouldn't even be a debate.

However, if for some reason they did go in another direction the most likely alternatives would obviously be Jadeveon Clowney, Jake Matthews or perhaps even Anthony Barr.

I think the more interesting question is what do the Jaguars do outside of the Top 5?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
They have to take Bridgewater. And when did everyone else jump on the Bortles bandwagon?
I'm not on it yet. I haven't watched enough of him for how much some people are gushing, but in the couple games I've seen he's yet to knock my socks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I think the more interesting question is what do the Jaguars do outside of the Top 5?
There's probably still a good chance for them to grab either Lewan or Matthews, but Johnny Manziel would address their need at quarterback as well as instantly make Jacksonville an interesting team and giving their fans a boost.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I've been on it for awhile. Ideal size, some mobility, makes all the throws and has a good looking girlfriend. Got it pretty much all covered.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm not on it yet. I haven't watched enough of him for how much some people are gushing, but in the couple games I've seen he's yet to knock my socks off.

There's probably still a good chance for them to grab either Lewan or Matthews, but Johnny Manziel would address their need at quarterback as well as instantly make Jacksonville an interesting team and giving their fans a boost.
If they wouldn't bring in Tebow, they're probably not worried about boosting their appeal to the fans.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney at DE opposite Watt would be nasty beyond nasty.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I've been on it for awhile. Ideal size, some mobility, makes all the throws and has a good looking girlfriend. Got it pretty much all covered.
He was in my top 5 rated QBs in the preseason, thought I was cool because no one else even had him in their top 10. Now I don't feel so special lol
Old 12-06-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The Texans have to take Teddy Bridgewater. It shouldn't even be a debate.

However, if for some reason they did go in another direction the most likely alternatives would obviously be Jadeveon Clowney, Jake Matthews or perhaps even Anthony Barr.

Barr over Clowney would be laughable.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With getting rid of Kubiak, they're going to have to draft a QB. Those QBs aren't likely to function too well with a different offense. That Shanahan/Kubiak offense is super-QB friendly.