Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope. I'd take Quinn, followed by Watt.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a good one! I just hope the Rams are able to lock him up like they did Long.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Jones doesnt get consistent pressure and disappears for too long of stretches in games. I like him, and think hes a good player but alot of sacks this year have been the result of coverage sacks.
I was being somewhat facetious, but definitely think he's getting better and better. I think he has a lot higher ceiling than others. Honestly, I think Ansah could be another guy to watch.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
He wasn't that great last year either. How long does it take for an injury to heal?

Sometimes players have one good year and then you don't hear a peep from them again. They're called "one year wonders". Happens all the time. Sometimes injuries are a part of that, sometimes they're not.

If Pierre Paul suffered an injury that saps him of his explosiveness and he never returns to the player he was in 2011, he won't be the first player or the last player to have a promising career derailed by injuries.
you do know he had back surgery this offseason, right? Yeah. Just checking.

and the correct answer is JJ Watt. That's it. There's no other right answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you do know he had back surgery this offseason, right? Yeah. Just checking.

and the correct answer is JJ Watt. That's it. There's no other right answer
Bro Brandon Graham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I time travel to get Charles Haley from 1988 and then win everything

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch the Rams take Clowney at #2. Quinn and Clowney for the next 10 years wreaking havoc will give me wood
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Watch the Rams take Clowney at #2. Quinn and Clowney for the next 10 years wreaking havoc will give me wood

Would they really go DE after they just re sign Chris Long?

Quinn/Brockers/Clowney would be the foundation of a dangerous defense for years though
Old 12-18-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Y'know something crazy, I think Robert Quinn would be EVEN BETTER in a 3-4 at OLB
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
That cracked me up so hard! ahahahahaaha
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Kives
Rookie

Kives hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nope. Hopefully he wins DPOY despite being on a non-playoff team.
Kives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
If they do that, it's because they're gonna try to prepare for life after Quinn. They paid Long, they aren't going to pay Quinn AND draft Clowney.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every few years there's a new "best DE in the NFL". Quinn needs to work on his run defense, and play in outdoor stadiums and then we'll see.

It sucks that I wanted Cam, Quinn or Watt over Locker, and they're all playing very well
Old 12-21-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adding Clowney is a dream. They paid Long already. They have one of the best pairs of DEs in the league right now. Unless they let Quinn walk the don't take another DE.

I agree Quinn isn't perfect all around but that pass rush is deadly. In this league run defense is less important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It sucks that I wanted Cam, Quinn or Watt over Locker, and they're all playing very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Adding Clowney is a dream. They paid Long already. They have one of the best pairs of DEs in the league right now. Unless they let Quinn walk the don't take another DE.

I agree Quinn isn't perfect all around but that pass rush is deadly. In this league run defense is less important.
Well Quinn is very good versus the run...Soooo
Old 12-24-2013, 06:16 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/12...d-in-dpoy-race

Quinn's 3 sacks vs the Bucs.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Quinn's brain tumor??
Old 12-24-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not meaning to 'jack this thread, but seeing as we gave the Rams the 2nd overall pick, which position is more valuable for the Rams rebuilding??

Another elite WR target for Bradford?? A stud OT?? Or a difference-maker on the DL??

It's not good enough to be 'good' in the NFCW. If you aren't building a SB contender you won't make the playoffs.

Personally I think the Rams should trade out of the top 2 and pick up more draft selections.

If they can turn their two #1s into 3-5 quality players, the Rams could contend very soon. Assuming Sam can step his game up.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think trading down would be the safest option. That being said...a wide receiver like Evans or Watkins would make that offense potent and make the Rams a scary team to play if Bradford comes back strong. Everything rides on Bradford's play, he hasn't proven himself to me but at the same time with a strong supporting cast I think he might be able to take his game to the next level.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB. They should take a QB at #2.

'course, I'm on the record as a certified Bradford hater since back in '08. I don't think he's ever going to be better than average. It's going to take a whole lot of team around him to get big-time results.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you feel that Clowney is a potential All Pro talent, which many think he is...

you don't pass on that kind of talent if you have the opportunity to draft him. I don't care if they have two good DEs already. When you have the chance to draft top-end, elite talent, you do it.

The Giants did it all the time with DEs and it's been a key to their success. Even if you have two good DEs on the roster, draft another.

Again, if Jeff Fisher and the rest of the Rams strongly believe in Clowney as an elite DE in the NFL, they need to draft him #2 overall. There is no other player with as much potential at any other position. Mathews is a good OT prospect, but not as good of an OT prospect as Clowney is a DE prospect.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the safest option and the best option is trading down out of the #2. Sure, I love Johnny Football and would love to take him and Clowney is a beast too.. but we have Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford and Long on the DL.. 3 1st RD picks and a solid DT in Langford, I don't see where Clowney would fit unless they plan on letting Quinn walk which would be a HUGE mistake obviously.

I also could see them taking two offensive linemen in the 1st 2 rounds if they don't plan on keeping Saffold and letting Jake Long go.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I think the safest option and the best option is trading down out of the #2. Sure, I love Johnny Football and would love to take him and Clowney is a beast too.. but we have Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford and Long on the DL.. 3 1st RD picks and a solid DT in Langford, I don't see where Clowney would fit unless they plan on letting Quinn walk which would be a HUGE mistake obviously.

I also could see them taking two offensive linemen in the 1st 2 rounds if they don't plan on keeping Saffold and letting Jake Long go.
The only way to become a dominant team in the NFL is to draft the best talent possible, regardless of position and regardless of whether or not you are already "stacked" at that position.

And "stacked" is something that can turn into "needy" within a single offseason. What if Chris Long suffers an injury? Then DE suddenly becomes weaker.

Look at the 49ers. In 2010 they had the BEST ILB in the game, Patrick Willis and another really good ILB in Takeo Spikes. What do they do in the draft? Draft another ILB in Navarro Bowman. And it pushed a good defense over the top into a great one.

Look at the Giants. In 2010 They had Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, and Matias Kiwanuka. In the first round they draft Jason Pierre Paul. It pushed a good defensive line over the top into a great one for the 2011 season.

Even if the Rams have one of the best young defensive lines in the game already with Quinn, Brockers and Long, the way to go with the #2 pick is to draft an elite talent like Jadaveon Clowney.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calais Campbell

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote