Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 05-18-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys did good with Mewhort and Moncrief.

Here is a good article on Mewhort. You will like him. Not a sexy pick, but a solid one. Smart kid, plays mean, is a great leader. Can't really ask for more from a guy that can play all five spots (but will be guard or center primarily).
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being versatile is valuable, but being a top-2-round non-LT pick, he better be above average as a blocker.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what to expect from Mewhort. He sounds like the exact kind of player the OL needs. Angry, strong, fairly polished. But Gabe Jackson and Marcus Martin were both generally believed to be better players. Not as versatile, but I prefer talent to versatility. Plus he's from Ohio State and OSU sucks. Hopefully this makes Grigson look smart instead of like the type that wants to prove he's smart.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys see this?

Quote:
@HolderStephen: The one thing I bet Colts are annoyed by w Landry is the fact that they weren’t aware of injury and couldnt treat him bc he’s been absent
I was excited to sign him but it is looking like the worst contract of that offseason (which is saying a lot).

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-18-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should just release him.

He sucks anyway.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Did you guys see this?

I was excited to sign him but it is looking like the worst contract of that offseason (which is saying a lot).
Yeah I also saw that Moncrief has been tearing it up. By far my favorite pick.

Yeah I don't really like Landry all that much. That's saying a lot as an LSU fan...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah there is a lot to get excited about at WR this year. Moncrief included. I could see any of Wayne, Nicks, or Hilton being the top guy this year. I could see Moncrief and Rogers battling for the 4th spot and either or both having a monster game here or there. We could have 3 receivers with over 1000 yards again. The only thing that will stop Luck from throwing for 5000 yards will be Hamilton's play calling.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-19-2014, 07:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Don't forget about the 2 TEs.

Plenty of weapons, no question about it.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah. If anything it will be hard to spread the ball to all the playmakers. Allen seems like he can catch any ball thrown anywhere near him, doesn't matter the coverage. Fleener is dangerous on short routes and if he gets any open field in front of him he can really move. I want to see him take on tacklers, especially DBs, with more aggressiveness this year though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-19-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The secondary is kinda depressing though to be honest.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah. The only really talented one is Davis. All 4 seem more injury prone than average. And there's little depth.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-21-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah. The only really talented one is Davis. All 4 seem more injury prone than average. And there's little depth.
Xavier Rhodes > Werner

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 06-23-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Maybe. It's only been one year. But Werner hasn't done anything yet. I hope he proves worth it this year, with Mathis out for 4 games he'll have the opportunity to prove himself.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-29-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Just to start some conversation. What positions do you guys think will be the positions we are needing in this next FA class and draft?

CB - Butler, Gordy are FAs

S -Of course. Howell and Adams are FAs. I also don't expect Landry to figure it out.

WR - Nicks, Wayne, Whalen, and Rogers are all FAs. I think we retain Rogers. So we would have Moncrief, Hilton, Rogers, Brazill and I think we would need to make a tough decision on Wayne and Nicks. It is hard to tell this far out. In the end I think depth will be needed.

OLB - Who knows how long Mathis is going to keep it up. I hope forever, but I think OLB will continue to be a need. I would love to land someone like Vic Beasley in the draft.

DE - Redding will be a FA and another depth player and just stud would be welcomed.

I think in order of importance it has to be:

S
CB
OLB
WR
DE

I left off G and C because I'm banking on Holmes putting it together. I also think between all of the competent camp bodies someone will emerge on the inside. Perhaps depth could be needed. Maybe another OT on the depth chart.

What do you guys think?

edit: Freeman is also a RFA. I hope we get him back though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 06-29-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Until Holmes and Mewhort/Thornton prove me wrong, I have to put interior OL among the top needs.

Other then that, I like your list. Maybe DE above WR, but that's just nitpicking.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

So there was suppose to be a competition for the last WR spot between Whalen and Brazill.

Brazill just decided that competition.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...re-2014-season
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
So there was suppose to be a competition for the last WR spot between Whalen and Brazill.

Brazill just decided that competition.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...re-2014-season
That was really disappointing news. Brazill has been able to play pretty well when he got the reps. Not to mention he could contribute on ST. Even more glad we drafted Moncief now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 07-07-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It's unfortunate but I'm glad it happened at WR and not a position where we are already thin. I like Brazill's potential more than Whalen's but you can do a lot worse for a WR6 than Whalen.

I expect the depth chart to be

Reggie Wayne
Hakeem Nicks/TY Hilton
Da'Rick Rogers
Donte Moncrief
Griff Whalen

Moncrief may be more talented, but Rogers has an experience edge in this offense. They seem like similar players to me, though Moncrief seems more athletic and might be a harder worker. Would love to see some 5 wide sets just for fun but it's hard to imagine a situation that would really call for it. And I'd be afraid the D would just say screw coverage we'll kill Luck instead.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I'm actually interested to see if Tony Washington can push for a spot. He is a much better KR option that Whalen.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 07-25-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL/status/492797437614882816

The three headed monster just lost a head. Really feel bad for Vic Ballard. He has a lot of potential.

That leaves Tipton, Rainey, and Herron all with an opportunity to take his spot on the 53.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 07-27-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

That sucks. Really need Trent to step it up now.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

And now the RB depth chart gets even lighter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ules-violation
Old 07-31-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another one bites the dust. Donald Thomas out for season with same injury as last year.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Jeez, this sucks.

Mewhort and Thornton will need to get it done.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Jeez, this sucks.

Mewhort and Thornton will need to get it done.
Add Holmes to that list. Our young interior OL is probably going to struggle early on. I just hope they pull together quickly.

i done stole dis sig