Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
The best part about it is they'd still lose.
Quote:
Because they know it's not gonna happen again for another 10 years.
Quote:
10? Boy, someone's awfully optimistic
I hate you all

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Packers game is even 75% full,it will be the craziest thing I've ever seen.

If you've ever tried standing still in -20+ windchill and 10+ mph winds for even 5 minutes, you'll know what I mean. It's not only one of the most painful things you'll ever feel, but it's incredibly dangerous.

So for people sitting still for 3+ hours in it with wind swirling around a gigantic bowl... wow. I don't want to hear any **** from people saying Packers fans aren't tough unless you have tried that.

I'm actually surprised they haven't talked about delaying or moving the game.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not as bad in a stadium bc you're surrounded by other bodies. Standing alone in that weather will kill you. The guys on the sidelines have it worse.

But being in the stands is bad, but not as terrible as you think. Still unsafe and you better bundle up and wear leg warmers and any other kind of warmer you can get your hands on if you can, but it's still not as bad as if you were standing alone outside.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're all pussies. It reached -30 (+ windchill) in some areas here. And we went sliding on a mountain.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
If the Packers game is even 75% full,it will be the craziest thing I've ever seen.

If you've ever tried standing still in -20+ windchill and 10+ mph winds for even 5 minutes, you'll know what I mean. It's not only one of the most painful things you'll ever feel, but it's incredibly dangerous.

So for people sitting still for 3+ hours in it with wind swirling around a gigantic bowl... wow. I don't want to hear any **** from people saying Packers fans aren't tough unless you have tried that.

I'm actually surprised they haven't talked about delaying or moving the game.
Dress warm. Of course it will be cold, this is football.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-03-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this GB/SF game is going to be so much fun to watch. Watching them play in that cold will be incredibly entertaining.

Cue the "the SB should be only played in domes and warm cities bc cold weather translates to bad football" crowd though.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
You're all pussies. It reached -30 (+ windchill) in some areas here. And we went sliding on a mountain.
Because sitting still for 3 and a half hours gives the same warmth as sledding.

And it's the wind that makes it bad. They're saying 10-15 mph.

If your choice is that or sit on a warm couch with hot chocolate.. I mean come on. I'd still go but it's pretty diehard.to PAY to do that.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:46 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:

If your choice is that or sit on a warm couch with hot chocolate.. I mean come on. I'd still go but it's pretty diehard.to PAY to do that.
It's so warm when you go off your sled face first into snow or get snow all down your boots into your socks and makes you freezing cold.

If people in GB are using cold weather as an excuse not to go to a Packers playoff game against the 49'ers then they aren't as tough as I thought.

http://askville.amazon.com/Cleveland...estId=63924560

"During the game the temperature dipped as low as 15 degrees. The frigid wind, gusting as high as 40 miles an hour, dropped the temperature to –5 degrees, according to the National Weather Service."

I was at that game, it was cold and meant absolutely nothing for us as far as playoffs are concerned. However, if a team I root for is making the playoffs the weather can go **** itself, im going.

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 01-03-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Because obviously there's no wind when you're sliding down a mountain, and sitting (somewhat) still on a sled warms you a whole lot compared to sitting still on a chair. Or something.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lawl

It was -50 and we were skiing.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

hopefully some of these teams get their games blacked out locally. their "fans" obviously won't care.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
lawl

It was -50 and we were skiing.
yeah but skiing warms you up so much
Old 01-03-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

nothing warmer than sitting on a chair lift 100' off the ground in 30 mph wind.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Imagine how crazy it would be if drunken fans took their shirts off and body painted themselves in really cold games just for the hell of it.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah but skiing warms you up so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
nothing warmer than sitting on a chair lift 100' off the ground in 30 mph wind.
Apparently.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's having you feet on the concrete flour that makes it so cold, someone whose been thru it suggested bringing foam to stand on so your feet don't touch the ground., or at least a box to stand on and keep your feet out of the winds.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ski in -75 Fahrenheit naked, like a real man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Pictures or gtfo
Old 01-03-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because obviously there's no wind when you're sliding down a mountain, and sitting (somewhat) still on a sled warms you a whole lot compared to sitting still on a chair. Or something.
It's called adrenaline. Yes, skiing compared to sitting still is about 20x warmer.

Are you guys being serious? I mean, really? You're comparing skiing to SITTING STILL FOR 3.5 HOURS.

How long do you sit on ski lifts? And tell me you weren't shivering.

I grew up in Green Bay. I do, in fact, know what cold feels like. And I do, in fact, know how much warmer moving around makes you than sitting still.

I'm glad you think skiing in cold weather makes you tough so people should suck it up and sit in freezing, windy weather for 4 hours because you went skiing and so sitting still is nothing compared to your manly manliness.

I applaud your sheer toughness and berate anyone who thinks sitting in a -51 windchill with 10 MPH winds for 4 hours is anything but fun and easy. Hell, I bet you take ice baths every morning cuz it feels so gooood.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
It's called adrenaline. Yes, skiing compared to sitting still is about 20x warmer.

Are you guys being serious? I mean, really? You're comparing skiing to SITTING STILL FOR 3.5 HOURS.

I grew up in Green Bay. I do, in fact, know what cold feels like. And I do, in fact, know how much warmer moving around makes you than sitting still.

I'm glad you think skiing in cold weather makes you tough so people should suck it up and sit in freezing, windy weather for 4 hours because you went skiing and so sitting still is nothing compared to your manly manliness.

I applaud your sheer toughness and berate anyone who thinks sitting in a -51 windchill with 10 MPH winds for 4 hours is anything but fun and easy. Hell, I bet you take ice baths every morning cuz it feels so gooood.
You are arguing that it would be amazing if the stadium were 75% full because of how cold it is going to be.

We are arguing that people should man the **** up and support their teams in the playoffs if they are such avid fans. There are plenty of fan bases that would gladly stand in freezing cold weather if it meant their team was in the playoffs.

Also, "sitting for 3.5 hours" makes it sound like you're in a dome watching a game of table tennis. Most good games I have been to the fans are going nuts 50% of the game and it hardly involves "just sitting still"

Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Pictures or gtfo
Too risky.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Too risky.
Send via PM they will never leak.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

exactly. if you're not doing anything other than sitting on your hands for an entire game, you're a ****** fan to begin with.

further, sitting on a chairlift is infinitely worse than sitting in a stadium, surrounded by other people. yes, it lasts 15 minutes. no, you don't necessarily get "adrenaline" from skiing.

whatever. if your fans can't fill a stadium for a playoff game, you shouldn't have a franchise anymore.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Snapchat is always the right answer.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:

Implying there's no adrenalin watching a (playoff) football game live.