Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
What would you guys think of a Rob Ryan or Todd Bowles with a Chud OC?
I love Rex Ryan, but for some reason I can't bring myself fully on board with Rob Ryan. Rex has put up top 10 defenses for like 8 straight years, even when his talent has dropped off a bit. Rob has had some awful defenses over the years. He has also done some good things.

I'd love this combination if it were Bowles and CHud though. Bowles has been highly regarded for a while now and I think his defensive style(hybrid 3-4/4-3) is perfect for our personnel. I'd really like to see how he utilized Suh,Fairley and Ansah.

I believe the most important hire we make will be the coordinator opposite the HC's area of strength(OC for a D based coach or vice versa).

I'd also love Norv as OC in that situation. His style really suits Stafford IMO. He knows how to work with a big time pocket passer.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Sorry guys, not someone that ever posts in here...but I do enjoy watching the talent you guys put on the field. As crazy as this sounds, I would think that the Browns staff that just got fired would be a very good fit in Detroit.

Chud is a good coach, plain and simple and is very creative on the offensive side of the ball. Cleveland messed up on that IMO. Norv would do wonders with Stafford and Megatron, add Reggie and another playmaker opposite of Calvin and watch out.

Horton is a little bit of a wildcard because he is primarily a 3-4 guy. While I think you guys have pieces that COULD work in a 3-4, your players scream 4-3 to me.
Thanks for visiting our forum, outside opinions are always welcome.

Chud got a raw deal in Cleveland. They were looking great with Hoyer until he got hurt. You have to give a guy at least 3 years unless there are issues not related to football.

Suh would be great as a DE in the 34. Fairley got do it but its not his strength. Lack of a NT on the roster. Levy and Tulloch would be fine on the inside. I think Ansah could play 34 OLB.

It'd just be easier to keep the 4-3 but its not outrageous.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Sorry guys, not someone that ever posts in here...but I do enjoy watching the talent you guys put on the field. As crazy as this sounds, I would think that the Browns staff that just got fired would be a very good fit in Detroit.

Chud is a good coach, plain and simple and is very creative on the offensive side of the ball. Cleveland messed up on that IMO. Norv would do wonders with Stafford and Megatron, add Reggie and another playmaker opposite of Calvin and watch out.

Horton is a little bit of a wildcard because he is primarily a 3-4 guy. While I think you guys have pieces that COULD work in a 3-4, your players scream 4-3 to me.
Well, I'd love Turner as our OC but you can keep the rest.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like there may be a chance we keep Gunther as DC. I have to say I don't think i'd be upset about that. The defense has made significant strides under him. pass coverage has been bad but I'm not sure we can put all the blame on him.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
Sounds like there may be a chance we keep Gunther as DC. I have to say I don't think i'd be upset about that. The defense has made significant strides under him. pass coverage has been bad but I'm not sure we can put all the blame on him.
Keeping Gunther is keeping Schwartz IMO. You get the good solid presure, majority of time good run D, good 3rd down % but you also get the bad, big plays, off CB coverage, not making the extra play in the 4th, only 8 turnovers forced in the last 7 games.

The 34 turnovers was either on Linehan or Stafford/Bush are just talented but turnover prone. We need to be careful what we wish for with a new OC. Mike Martz can turn to Jim Colletto.

I like Whisenhunt or Turner. Caldwell and Cable would be big steps down.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Keeping Gunther is keeping Schwartz IMO. You get the good solid presure, majority of time good run D, good 3rd down % but you also get the bad, big plays, off CB coverage, not making the extra play in the 4th, only 8 turnovers forced in the last 7 games.

The 34 turnovers was either on Linehan or Stafford/Bush are just talented but turnover prone. We need to be careful what we wish for with a new OC. Mike Martz can turn to Jim Colletto.

I like Whisenhunt or Turner. Caldwell and Cable would be big steps down.
The ideal scenario for me is Whisenhunt as HC and Turner as OC.

I'm not as concerned with the defense. I'd be fine keeping Gunther if the HC wants him and they are on the same page. I think this defense is really starting to fit with his system and I think with some secondary help this is a top 10 defense. I don't blame Gunther for Houston playing poorly this year and the young CBs having a growing season. He seems to have the respect of the players and we have invested a lot to get players into his system. I'd be careful to scrap that now, there is little doubt that he is one of the better defensive guys in the league.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not as concerned with the defense. I'd be fine keeping Gunther if the HC wants him and they are on the same page. I think this defense is really starting to fit with his system and I think with some secondary help this is a top 10 defense. I don't blame Gunther for Houston playing poorly this year and the young CBs having a growing season. He seems to have the respect of the players and we have invested a lot to get players into his system. I'd be careful to scrap that now, there is little doubt that he is one of the better defensive guys in the league.
True Houston can bounce back (as 2010-2012 still trumps one year) and Slay/Bentley will continue to grow. A big coaching change everyone overlooked was secondary coach Tim Walton going to the Rams and leaving Marcus Robertson to coach our secondary.

I just wish they could force a few more turnovers and make that one extra play in the 4th Quarter.

Turnovers forced and sacks increase is what I want to see.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
True Houston can bounce back (as 2010-2012 still trumps one year) and Slay/Bentley will continue to grow. A big coaching change everyone overlooked was secondary coach Tim Walton going to the Rams and leaving Marcus Robertson to coach our secondary.

I just wish they could force a few more turnovers and make that one extra play in the 4th Quarter.

Turnovers forced and sacks increase is what I want to see.
Absolutely and I think there is a bit of correlation between those 2.

Sacks should rise up just from a development standpoint of Ansah and Taylor. Have to think if Ansah can stay healthy next year he will easily hit double digit sacks.

We also get Jason Jones back from injury, he was going to be a key player for us coming into the season before he went down.

I do think the secondary can get better strictly from improvement from Slay. I think he has the skills to be a starter. I still want a CB with one of our top 2 picks for depth reasons and it'll cause everyone to raise step up their game. If we do get a CB early I think our secondary will be in good shape from a CB prospective. If that happens hopefully our safeties can focus a bit more on ball hawking and not worrying about the CBs losing their guy.

I'd like to see us blitz a bit more than we did last year as well. I think teams don't expect is much from us with our Dline, but the surprise of it and the ability to either free up Suh from his double team or letting a LB or Safety have a free shot at the QB would allow us to make some more plays. Gunther used to be a blitzing DC, however Schwartz never was.

Last edited by detroit4life : 01-02-2014 at 12:19 PM.
detroit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely and I think there is a bit of correlation between those 2.

Sacks should rise up just from a development standpoint of Ansah and Taylor. Have to think if Ansah can stay healthy next year he will easily hit double digit sacks.

We also get Jason Jones back from injury, he was going to be a key player for us coming into the season before he went down.

I do think the secondary can get better strictly from improvement from Slay. I think he has the skills to be a starter. I still want a CB with one of our top 2 picks for depth reasons and it'll cause everyone to raise step up their game. If we do get a CB early I think our secondary will be in good shape from a CB prospective. If that happens hopefully our safeties can focus a bit more on ball hawking and not worrying about the CBs losing their guy.

I'd like to see us blitz a bit more than we did last year as well. I think teams don't expect is much from us with our Dline, but the surprise of it and the ability to either free up Suh from his double team or letting a LB or Safety have a free shot at the QB would allow us to make some more plays. Gunther used to be a blitzing DC, however Schwartz never was.
I really think we didn't blitz much, not just because the secondary would get burnt more if we did. But I also think we don't have very good blitzers. Quin/Delmas/Levy/Tulloch most of the time get picked up pretty easily. And the CBs really blew when blitzing which was very rare. Occasionally they hit home but not enough to justify more blitzes.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a look at NFL.com's Coach Tracker for the open jobs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-coach-tracker

I see we are interviewing Jim Caldwell, Baltimore's OC for the HCing job. Hopefully it's a no thanks.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

[quote=detroit4life;3533292]The ideal scenario for me is Whisenhunt as HC and Turner as OC.

It would all depend on whether or not Whisenhunt and Turner are both on the same page otherwise it might not work.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...4-2cb8dd28379d

Hmm... I did love Dungy as a coach. I think Caldwell is terrible, but if we get Dungy for 3 years and promise Caldwell as the successor after our Super Bowl victory then I'd do it. Caldwell is for emotional leverage only.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dungy is the perfect fit and from a leadership standpoint
Old 01-04-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Iamcanadian;3534465]
Quote:

It would all depend on whether or not Whisenhunt and Turner are both on the same page otherwise it might not work.
I bet Whisenhunt would bring Mularkey with him, but that's just a guess.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...4-2cb8dd28379d

Hmm... I did love Dungy as a coach. I think Caldwell is terrible, but if we get Dungy for 3 years and promise Caldwell as the successor after our Super Bowl victory then I'd do it. Caldwell is for emotional leverage only.
I don't want either, but I'd probably prefer Caldwell. I want a QB guy and always thought Dungy and his schtick were overrated.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caldwell is pure garbage, but the players would really respond to Dungys leadership.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-05-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

So... I was at the Colts game yesterday... it is now blatently obvious that Stafford is our problem. I remember a reporter asking him if he was going to seek a qb guru this offseason and Stafford pretty much blew him off. Luck is not as talented but his work ethic is off the charts. Just like the quote from Moneyball, Peyton Manning has changed the game and those quarterbacks who don't work as hard or mimic his offense are now dinosaurs. Luck understands and I don't believe that Stafford does. He needs to go through an intense qb boot camp and demand perfection for himself and the way he plays the game. We have the potential to win 14 games but we'll never touch that without quarterback changes.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-05-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

I saw several articles how great staffords work ethic was this past offseason. Many qbs don't use the qb gurus. Why aren't these gurus qb coaches in the nfl if they are so good?
Old 01-05-2014, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

His work is for nothing if he doesn't learn anything. Mechanics and decision making says that he needs a lot more focus.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-05-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
His work is for nothing if he doesn't learn anything. Mechanics and decision making says that he needs a lot more focus.
Completely different when the bullets are flying. Sidearm and Backfoot under pressure can happen. There is room for improvement there when the pass pro holds up. Forcing to Calvin(9 of his picks) has to happen if the other receivers can't get open. Lions need a number 2 wr badly and Calvin and the number 3 wr to stay healthy. Durham is garbage. 9% drop rate by his receivers was about 4% more than league average.

Definitely room for improvement but he still has talent and produced (31 tds) and led a lot of drives on the other 13 rushing tds. Defense needs to help him out a bit more with more than 22 turnovers. 5 losses we forced no turnovers. Turnovers makes life easier for any qb. Turnovers fell and losses mounted which is why Schwartz a defensive coach got fired. 26.6 ppg with Calvin playing is good enough to win more games. Stafford will never be a game manager
Old 01-06-2014, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Matty B
Rookie

Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Mike Zimmer? I was on the Ken Whisenhunt bandwagon but the more I think about it I get discouraged. Two 5-11 seasons, did nothing after Kurt Warner, never had double digit win season, etc.

Zimmer on the other hand, while doesn't exactly fit the bill for what we want; HC experience, offensive minded. However he is a leader and a disciplinarian which is what this team mostly needs in my opinion. And on top of that, his defenses have been top 10 in the league each year.

Imagine if Zimmer was our HC and we got Norv Turner or Mike Mularkey as our offensive coordinator. Imagine if we could take control of Suh and Fairly. Zimmer is amazing at developing defensive players, even ones with the worst head problems. He could develop Ziggy into the monster he has to potential to be. And since we're on a draft website, what if we drafted Bradley Roby? What could Zimmer do with him? We could potentially have a shut down corner with a solid #2 corner in Slay.

Here's a little 3 round mock I would love if we got Zimmer

1. Eric Ebron
2. Bradley Roby
3. Jimmy Garoppolo

I feel as if Zimmer's way of motivation for Stafford would be competition. Garoppolo would be a steal at this stage, I honestly see if being one of the best quarterbacks in this class in the long run. Now if Stafford wins the competition, then we either have a viable back up, or some trade bait.

Now, I'm not opposed to Whisenhunt exactly, I would be happy with him, I would just be more happy with Mike Zimmer.
Matty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty B View Post
What do you guys think about Mike Zimmer? I was on the Ken Whisenhunt bandwagon but the more I think about it I get discouraged. Two 5-11 seasons, did nothing after Kurt Warner, never had double digit win season, etc.

Zimmer on the other hand, while doesn't exactly fit the bill for what we want; HC experience, offensive minded. However he is a leader and a disciplinarian which is what this team mostly needs in my opinion. And on top of that, his defenses have been top 10 in the league each year.

Imagine if Zimmer was our HC and we got Norv Turner or Mike Mularkey as our offensive coordinator. Imagine if we could take control of Suh and Fairly. Zimmer is amazing at developing defensive players, even ones with the worst head problems. He could develop Ziggy into the monster he has to potential to be. And since we're on a draft website, what if we drafted Bradley Roby? What could Zimmer do with him? We could potentially have a shut down corner with a solid #2 corner in Slay.

Here's a little 3 round mock I would love if we got Zimmer

1. Eric Ebron
2. Bradley Roby
3. Jimmy Garoppolo

I feel as if Zimmer's way of motivation for Stafford would be competition. Garoppolo would be a steal at this stage, I honestly see if being one of the best quarterbacks in this class in the long run. Now if Stafford wins the competition, then we either have a viable back up, or some trade bait.

Now, I'm not opposed to Whisenhunt exactly, I would be happy with him, I would just be more happy with Mike Zimmer.
Mayhew has said he wants to hire an offensive HC so Zimmer is out of it. I think Zimmer was a HC before without any success but he is a brilliant DC.

Pettigrew is our TE, he's the best blocking TE in the NFL, sure he drops a few passes but still catches plenty in a season. He makes up for any blocking deficiencies or problems our OT's may be having in a game and is one of the main reasons Stafford wasn't sacked a lot this year.

Not a fan of Jimmy Garoppolo, he'll have to blow me away at the combine and Senior Bowl to get any consideration from me. Very raw at this point.

We are in a position to draft an impact WR, OT or CB, why would we take another TE. I just don't see it but the guy is talented but can he block like Pettigrew.

I think it will be Whisenhunt if he isn't grabbed by another team. He has a fine offensive mind and is a solid QB coach. Will likely run a more balanced attack.

I'm not down on Stafford, let's see how he does under a better offensive HC.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-06-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I think the MO on Zimmer is that he doesn't have the personality/chops to be the head guy. I think I remember from when the Colts grabbed Pagano that Zimmer's personality turned some people off. It's hard to tell though without actually working with the guy.

I'm back on the Whisenhunt bandwagon.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-06-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I think we have narrowed this down to Whisenhunt and Caldwell. Personally, I am fine with either. I know people are low of Caldwell, but I'm not really sure why. He was dealt a bad hand in Indy with Peyton going down and for the most part has spent his time under an amazing HC in Dungy and with one of the better QBs of this decade.

But this is Whisenhunt's to lose. I love what he did with the Chargers offense this year and I think he could do some great stuff with this team. He has the resume to demand respect and he has a history with Mayhew. His failure's after Kurt retired don't necesarily phase me too much. Part of the blame should be on the GM for that, but I don't see him ever being without a franchise QB in Detroit since Stafford isn't going anywhere.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was rooting against San Diego yesterday so we could get this thing wrapped up.