Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 One/Two Sentence Recap On All Teams

AFC East
New England (12-4, 2): They are still great, but playing in Denver without Rob Gronkowski will be difficult if it comes to that.

New York Jets (8-8): Geno Smith seemed to play well every other game, and played like crap every other game. But I like his potential.

Miami (8-8): Scoring a grand total of one time in your last two games isn't even good if your playing soccer.

Buffalo (6-10): Doug Marrone and E.J. Manuel have their first seasons as NFL head coach and quarterback under their belts. The question is how much can they improve in 2014?

AFC North
Cincinnati (11-5, 3): I'm surprised how well their defense played with DT Geno Atkins and CB Leon Hall on injured reserve.

Pittsburgh (8-8): They finished 8-4 in their last 12, so look out for them next season.

Baltimore (8-8): I have a feeling that Joe Flacco will finish as a one time Super Bowl winner. But that's still more than Dan Marino (who was considerably better).

Cleveland (4-12): It seems like everybody was down on the Browns for drafting Brandon Weeden. Now we all know why.

AFC South
Indianapolis (11-5, 4): Imagine if they had a better offensive line -- they would possibly be the best team in the NFL.

Tennessee (7-9): Jake Locker got injured, but I'm still not real big on him.

Jacksonville (4-12): They don't need to move to LA, London, or anywhere else. They just need a decent quarterback.

Houston (2-14): They started 2-0 -- then Matt Schaub forgot how to play quarterback. But Teddy Bridgewater is on the way (probably).

AFC West
Denver (13-3, 1): In past years, record breaking offenses (1983 Redskins, 1998 Vikings, 2007 Patriots) all fell short of the Lombardi Trophy. Add to that Peyton Manning in the postseason, and an ominous feeling is in the air.

Kansas City (11-5, 5): Considering how well the fake Chiefs played yesterday, I like the real Chiefs chances of getting revenge on the Colts after a recent loss against them.

San Diego (9-7, 6): It's disturbing that the Chargers needed an opponent's missed field goal and a fake punt to beat a misfit team of backups (and a few cheerleaders and fans that won a raffle, I think).

Oakland (4-12): A new quarterback doesn't magically cure everything, but it would sure help.

NFC East
Philadelphia (10-6, 3): Last night they ran a play that used OT Lane Johnson as a blocking WR. Oh wait, I forgot -- we're only allowed to call Bill Belichick an imaginitive coach.

Dallas (8-8): Their season ended with a late game interception. Are you sure that wasn't Tony Romo playing last night?

New York Giants (7-9): The Giants first five picks of the 2014 Draft by position -- OT, G, C, G, OT.

Washington (3-13): This morning Mike Shanahan whined about his salary cap situation. It's too bad that the man who ended the AFC's Super Bowl losing streak at 13 couldn't leave Washington with a little more class.

NFC North
Green Bay (8-7-1, 4): Who were those two guys who hooked up for that game winning 48-yarder yesterday? I think it's been a while since I've seen them.

Chicago (8-8): I live well within radio range of Chicago, and you wouldn't believe the number of morons who are blaming everything on Jay Cutler. How about blaming a defense that is historically bad, as well as walking away from a loose ball?

Detroit (7-9): Why were they even considering keeping Jim Schwartz?

Minnesota (5-10-1): The supposedly deep quarterback class may lead to optimism in Minneapolis.

NFC South
Carolina (12-4, 2): DEEE-FENSE!! DEEE-FENSE!! DEEE-FENSE!!

New Orleans (11-5, 6): Not only do they have to go to Philadelphia, it's for a night game when the temperature is even lower. Can you say "One and done"?

Atlanta (4-12): Bad offensive line play plus injuries at other positions is not a good mix.

Tampa Bay (4-12): Not only did the coach get fired, so did the GM. That's what is known as "starting over".

NFC West
Seattle (13-3, 1): I love how all the moron TV/radio people think Seattle isn't good at home anymore because of one loss. Trust me, they should still be the strong favorite in the NFC.

San Francisco (12-4, 5): CB Carlos Rogers's hamstring pull had better be a minor one. His main matchup this Sunday will be Randall Cobb.

Arizona (10-6): Carson Palmer can still play quarterback. He just needed to get away from Oakland.

St. Louis (7-9): They didn't do too badly considering the strong division they play in and losing their starting QB for most of the season.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 12-30-2013 at 01:59 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yep couldn't agree more, one sentence on week 17 sums recaps full season.

Other food for thought:

Ryan Mathews manning up and playing 16 games with 1 lost fumble, 1200 yard season
Keenan Allen OROY, 1000 yard rookie wideout
Rivers 'redemption' season, pro bowl
Rookie head coach/GM, playoff berth
Manti Teo still no GF

Last edited by CC.SD : 12-30-2013 at 01:37 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Manti Teo still no GF
LOL. Are you sure he doen't want a BF? Just kidding. He should ask Tony Romo to find a hot chick for him. Did you see Mrs. Romo in the luxury box last night? Holy crap!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Terry Bradshaw might have been right. The Chargers might have relaxed knowing that the opposing QB would be Chase Daniel (who has a last name for a first name, and a first name for a last name -- what I call a "phone book name"). What's weird is that SD beat KC earlier this season. The Bengals will probably be a relatively heavy favorite next week, but San Diego might be a "land mine". Cincy needs to be careful (but not too tight).

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 12-30-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very decent post. Well done.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
AFC South
Indianapolis (11-5, 4): Imagine if they had a better offensive line -- they would possibly be the best team in the NFL.
For some reason, this made me remember that I had a dream last night that Trent Richardson ran for a really long touchdown against the Chiefs, in which he ran to the outside, as usual, made the slowest successful cut to the inside I'd ever seen, ran downfield a ways, then a safety and a linebacker bore down from each side to sandwich him, but he lowered his shoulders and hit them, fought through, and with each of them knocked over, ran the rest of the way to the end zone. And he was wearing a Browns uniform. What the ****, brain.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
For some reason, this made me remember that I had a dream last night that Trent Richardson ran for a really long touchdown against the Chiefs, in which he ran to the outside, as usual, made the slowest successful cut to the inside I'd ever seen, ran downfield a ways, then a safety and a linebacker bore down from each side to sandwich him, but he lowered his shoulders and hit them, fought through, and with each of them knocked over, ran the rest of the way to the end zone. And he was wearing a Browns uniform. What the ****, brain.
Seeing as how we start Kendrick Lewis at one of the safety spots, this may very well happen.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Seeing as how we start Kendrick Lewis at one of the safety spots, this may very well happen.
I read once that Lewis is pretty good. But nobody said he was anything close to Eric Berry.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I read once that Lewis is pretty good. But nobody said he was anything close to Eric Berry.
Kendrick Lewis was good. The shoulder injuries have taken their toll on his psyche, though. He is scared to tackle anyone anymore. It looks like he takes bad angles on purpose to avoid it being obvious that he's just trying to get in the way long enough for someone else to make the hit.

It's pretty sad. I have trouble being mad at him because I feel bad for him, but he shouldn't be playing football anymore.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Kendrick Lewis was good. The shoulder injuries have taken their toll on his psyche, though. He is scared to tackle anyone anymore. It looks like he takes bad angles on purpose to avoid it being obvious that he's just trying to get in the way long enough for someone else to make the hit.
This. He clearly expects whoever is around him to make the tackle.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My take on this.... I mention the new era of passing statistics a lot as ithas been on my mind a lot lately. I couldn't keep it to 1/2 sentences onsome... haha

AFC East
New England (12-4, 2): This won't be remembered in history by most, but this may have been one of Tom Brady's finest season. 12-4 and a bye(should've been #1...) with this cast of characters?

New York Jets (8-8): Not bad for having next to no offensive talent and Geno Smith/Mark Sanchez.

Miami (8-8): Epic collapse.

Buffalo (6-10): First year coach, first year QB, to a bright future? Says Buffalo for the past decade.

AFC North
Cincinnati (11-5, 3): How do you know numbers for QBs are inflated? AndyDalton just had a signature Brett Favre in his prime season. Let that sink in.

Pittsburgh (8-8): Somewhere Steelers fans are burning effigies of Ryan Succop.

Baltimore (8-8): I wonder what Trent Dilfer's stats would look like inthis era?

Cleveland (4-12): Not a good sign with the injury to your starting QBBrian Hoyer leads to the downfall of your season... Solution: fire the coach!Of course!

AFC South
Indianapolis (11-5, 4): I can't wait until Andrew Luck throws for 75 touchdowns in 2023 when the league institutes Arena League rules.

Tennessee (7-9): Ummm.. something something Jake Locker hurt.

Jacksonville (4-12): Based on the start of the season I find it shockingthat they one did not finish with #1 pick in the draft and two didn't finish last in their division. Blane Gabbert is the king of Bad Quarterbacks. Maybe of all time based on how easy it is to produce numbers in today's NFL.

Houston (2-14): Season from hell. One of the weirdest moments I canremember when Schaub threw his third pick six in a row on the opening pass. Maybe a lucky time to bottom out and get out of the era of mediocrity guaranteed by having Kubiak/Schaub.

AFC West
Denver (13-3, 1): Super entertaining to watch the Broncos this yearobviously, but I don't trust them to win the Super Bowl (in NY outside!).Peyton Manning, now is your opportunity to rewrite your biography! Unless youbeat Nick Foles in the Super Bowl...

Kansas City (11-5, 5): Great season, but can they win a playoff game forthe first time since I was 4 years old. With Joe Montana at the helm.

San Diego (9-7, 6): Vintage Philip Rivers and the Chargers season.Confusing losses, surprising victories and a miraculous playoff berth. If we could take Philip Rivers and merge him with Tony Romo we would have the greatest Quarterback of all time. One that kicks ass every month of the NFLseason.

Oakland (4-12): Haunted by the Ghost of Al Davis.

NFC East
Philadelphia (10-6, 3): All hail Chip Kelly!

Dallas (8-8): Deja Vu. By the way, when does Jerry Jones pass Al Davis onthe all time horrible meddling owners list?

New York Giants (7-9): Eli Manning: 18 TD/27 INT.

Washington (3-13): In my controversial opinion, the Michael Vick trade in 2001 = the RG3 trade in 2012.

NFC North
Green Bay (8-7-1, 4): Aaron Rodgers is simply the best. Unfortunately their defense stinks.

Chicago (8-8): See Green Bay above, but with Jay Cutler instead of Aaron Rodgers. Amazing receiver performances this season though.

Detroit (7-9): Detroit has the monopoly on having the worst coach, as evidenced by their coaches never getting re-hired. Good luck Jim. The Megatron performance against Dallas I will not forget.

Minnesota (5-10-1): Matt Cassel and Christian Ponder.

NFC South
Carolina (12-4, 2): Amazing defense and a solid season from Cam. Luke Kuechly is the best LB in the game, in my opinion.

New Orleans (11-5, 6): Unfortunately there are these teams that play outside or something weird. The Saints would rule this league if everyone played in domes. How many yards could Drew Brees get then?

Atlanta (4-12): The Falcons O-Line should get a cut of all of the defensive lineman that can pad their next paycheck based on their stats earned in Falcons games. Lack of depth here, maybe trading all those picks for a Wide Receiver who has been hurt 2 of the past 3 seasons wasn't a good idea...

Tampa Bay (4-12): Josh Freeman's promising career imploded before our eyes and Doug Martin was lost for the season. Terrible year.

NFC West
Seattle (13-3, 1): The favorites.

San Francisco (12-4, 5): ... But don't count out a Jim Harbaugh team.

Arizona (10-6): Amazing defense, I feel bad that they weren't in the AFC. Do we still need conferences anymore?

St. Louis (7-9): They did pretty good considering their competition.

Last edited by Shiver : 12-30-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hooray Shiver
Old 12-30-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Here's my take:

AFC East

New England (12-4): They were a handful of plays away from a 7-9 season.
Miami (8-8): Philbin and Tannehill are on the hot seat going into 2014.
N.Y. Jets (8-8): Have a good young front line with Coples, Wilkerson, Richardson, and Damon Harrison, but not a whole lot else.
Buffalo (6-10): Have good young talent, but QB may continue to hold them back.

AFC North

Cincinnati (11-5): Can beat NE in Foxboro, but won't beat the Broncos in Denver for the AFC Title.
Pittsburgh (8-8): Solid offense with Big Ben, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Heath Miller, but O-Line is still shaky, and the defense is as well (a rarity for the Steelers).
Baltimore (8-8): Looked like they would make a run after the Detroit game, and then crash-landed.
Cleveland (4-12): As it turned out, their season ended when Hoyer went down on that Thursday night at the Factory of Sadness. They would be 10-6 and in the playoffs if he never got hurt, guaranteed.

AFC South

Indianapolis (11-5): Very interesting team that will give Denver fits in the Divisional Playoffs, but come up short.
Tennessee (7-9): A team that has some good young talent, but is Locker the answer?
Jacksonville (4-12): Would have went 0-16 in the AFC or NFC Western divisions.
Houston (2-14): Can't believe they did that bad, but I knew that this would be Schaub's last year as starter after the Patriot loss in the playoffs last year.

AFC West

Denver (13-3): Going all the way!!
Kansas City (11-5): Good year, but it ends in Indy.
San Diego (9-7): Their season will end in Cincinnati.
Oakland (4-12): A Cluster-Shag of uncertainty, from who will be the QB, to stadium issues, to Allen's and McKenzie's futures.

NFC East

Philadelphia (10-6): Good job by Chip Kelly in his first year at the helm. He has a bright future there, especially if he improves the D.
Dallas (8-8): Do or die in 2014 for Garrett and Romo.
N.Y. Giants (7-9): Same for Coughlin and Manning. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the SB next year. I have a hunch we may see a Peyton-Eli showdown in the big one eventually, and next year, they will be battling for their third ring.
Washington (3-13): Probably the end of a career for Shanatan.

NFC North

Green Bay (8-7-1): Don't see them being too competitive this weekend at home.
Chicago (8-8): Can be in playoffs next year if defense improves.
Detroit (7-9): Not surprised at the way this season ended. This is a stupid team that needs a massive overhaul.
Minnesota (5-10-1): A QB away from taking the division.

NFC South

Carolina (12-4): Cam was clutch this year, and will take them to the NFC Title Game.
New Orleans (11-5): Did better than I thought this year, but won't win in the City of Brotherly Love.
Atlanta (4-12): See ya in Canton, Gonzo!!
Tampa Bay (4-12): See ya in Happy(to aid and protect pedophiles) Valley, Schiano!!!

NFC West

Seattle (13-3): Super Bowl Bound!!
San Francisco (12-4): After smashing GB in Round 1, season ends in the Emerald City.
Arizona (10-6): Team to watch in 2014.
St. Louis (7-9): See Arizona.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just my opinion, but I'll eat a hat if Andy Dalton goes into Foxboro and beats the Patriots.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2010 was awhile ago. He was the reason I was pounding on the table really hard for the Chiefs to draft Barron if he happened to slip to them.

Lets put it like this. He was on the field with a bunch of scrubs yesterday and Rivers still picked on him. He sucks.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Just my opinion, but I'll eat a hat if Andy Dalton goes into Foxboro and beats the Patriots.
He's a troll.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens: "And Ray Rice is dropped for a 3 yard loss. It will be 3rd and 13 now for Flacco and the Ravens."

That's pretty much how the season went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:31 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post

New England (12-4): They were a handful of plays away from a 7-9 season.
Oooh, ooh, I love this game...let me play

They were even less plays away from being 16-0 with a myriad of injuries to top players. Is that how this works???

Summing up the Pats with one sentence and saying that is ridiculous. Firstly, a lot of games for all teams end up hinging on a play or two. Secondly, the close games they played could also be summed up as saying this team has great character and resiliancy. Thirdly, not even going to mention players who have been lost?

But it's ok, they were a few plays away from 7-9. Great summation!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:54 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Ravens: "And Ray Rice is dropped for a 3 yard loss. It will be 3rd and 13 now for Flacco and the Ravens."

That's pretty much how the season went.
Yeah the Ravens RB's averaged less than 3.0 ypc on the season, the worst average in over 40 years in the NFL, and as an offense gave up 48 sacks but Flacco was the story of the season tho.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Oooh, ooh, I love this game...let me play

They were even less plays away from being 16-0 with a myriad of injuries to top players. Is that how this works???

Summing up the Pats with one sentence and saying that is ridiculous. Firstly, a lot of games for all teams end up hinging on a play or two. Secondly, the close games they played could also be summed up as saying this team has great character and resiliancy. Thirdly, not even going to mention players who have been lost?

But it's ok, they were a few plays away from 7-9. Great summation!!!
Is it just me, or is everyone on message boards nowadays a Patriot sympathizer?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Yeah the Ravens RB's averaged less than 3.0 ypc on the season, the worst average in over 40 years in the NFL, and as an offense gave up 48 sacks but Flacco was the story of the season tho.
So what was it, specifically? Was it ONLY offensive line play? Who was THAT bad? What do they need? Who's the OL coach? It's unfathomable they were THAT bad. Why were they?

LT Monroe was thought of as a good player.
RG Yanda is one of the best guards in the league - did he have an awful year or something?
RT Oher struggled, but he was a decent run blocker. What happened?
LG Shipley probably sucked, right?
C Gradkowski was good in college, what happened here?

Are the Ravens in the market for a new OL coach, new C, new RG, new RT? Or what?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
Is it just me, or is everyone on message boards nowadays a Patriot sympathizer?
Never forget.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AFC East
New York Giants (7-9): The Giants first five picks of the 2014 Draft by position -- OT, G, C, G, OT.
I feel like you could've used this same line for Miami, minus the C pick, because Mike Pouncey is awesome.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]

AFC East
New England (12-4, 2): This won't be remembered in history by most, but this may have been one of Tom Brady's finest season. 12-4 and a bye(should've been #1...) with this cast of characters?
Brady had an amazing second half to his season, but he was pretty bad for most of the first eight games. IIRC, he looked uncomfortable, his mechanics had a tendency to break down, and he just didn't look as confident as we're used to see him. And then he woke up from his short slumber against the Steelers and we've seen prime Tom Brady for the rest of the season. Which is kind of a scary thought for the other teams heading to the playoffs.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So what was it, specifically? Was it ONLY offensive line play? Who was THAT bad? What do they need? Who's the OL coach? It's unfathomable they were THAT bad. Why were they?

LT Monroe was thought of as a good player.
RG Yanda is one of the best guards in the league - did he have an awful year or something?
RT Oher struggled, but he was a decent run blocker. What happened?
LG Shipley probably sucked, right?
C Gradkowski was good in college, what happened here?

Are the Ravens in the market for a new OL coach, new C, new RG, new RT? Or what?
It was a talent and schematic issue. Geno is a terrible center and he isn't nearly as good at making the line calls. He physically just isn't good enough to handle the interior defenders. Same with Shipley. The interior pressure they gave killed the run game and the RBs had to avoid guys in the backfield. We did move zone runs and defenders sliced right through too often. I think Juan Castillo had a negative effect on the OL; he was brought in for the run game and it fell apart. Also losing Birk was a bigger loss in the mental side than I ever could have anticipated.

Monroe and Yanda were good. Oher was okay and the other 2 were bad. The zone runs didn't fit schematicly and I think there were too many cooks in the kitchen in the run game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Brady had an amazing second half to his season, but he was pretty bad for most of the first eight games. IIRC, he looked uncomfortable, his mechanics had a tendency to break down, and he just didn't look as confident as we're used to see him. And then he woke up from his short slumber against the Steelers and we've seen prime Tom Brady for the rest of the season. Which is kind of a scary thought for the other teams heading to the playoffs.
The Broncos, Joe Flacco, and the officials handing them games in the second half of the season didn't hurt, either.