Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So...there's a rumor that Aaron Rodgers is a pretty cool guy

...and it's really blowing up over the past day. I first had a link that sent me to here, and a google search brought back large quantities of the same story. Perez Hilton jumped all over it and ran with it, too.

If he is indeed cool and ended up coming out, he'd be a great representative for the cool community, proving to neanderthals that dudes who like dudes can indeed play at a high level. So far, all of the confirmed Rudy Cools that have played in the NFL have been fringe types. Isn't the best player that's been confirmed Kwame Harris?

Granted, it's pretty thin, unlike, say...the Kerry Rhodes thing that looks super suspicious...but there've been previous rumors about him that we laughed off, too...I dunno.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-31-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
...and it's really blowing up over the past day. I first had a link that sent me to here, and a google search brought back large quantities of the same story.

If he is indeed cool and ended up coming out, he'd be a great representative for the cool community, proving to neanderthals that dudes who like dudes can indeed play at a high level. So far, all of the confirmed Rudy Cools that have played in the NFL have been fringe types. Isn't the best player that's been confirmed Kwame Harris?

Granted, it's pretty thin, but there've been previous rumors about him that we laughed off, too...
I seen someone tweet something about Rodgers with a tag line about nothing to do with his sexual desires and didn't realise what it was. This explains it.

If one of the best players in the NFL came out it would be a huge deal. As you mentioned I think Harris may well be the most high profile recent player to officially come out and then there are the Kerry Rhodes, Braylon Edwards rumors. But Rodgers is a bona fide superstar.

If it is true, I do hope he finds the strength to publicly state it, not that he has to or that it should matter. But it would likely spur more people to do the same

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel slimy for clicking those links.

Why are allegedly straight guys sooooo preoccupied with who other men are screwing??
Aaron Rodgers is one of most beastly QBs I've ever seen play and whether or not he's rudy cool matters not one bit.

Homophobes miss the fact that lesbians are still women and rudy cool guys are still men; meaning all lesbos aren't butch stud dykes and all rudy cool dudes aren't effeminate or 'soft'.

There are special forces soldiers in the Army Rangers and the SEALs who've come out as rudy cool the last decade, guys who could kill everyone in your house with a hunting knife in under 5 minutes and not break a sweat.

Being a man who's rudy cool doesn't mean you're less testosterone driven than the next guy. It just means who you love/are attracted to is not a woman.

Being rudy cool isn't the end of Western Civilization. It doesn't threaten your own marriage. You can't catch it like cooties. They are 3-8% of the population(not counting all the 'greys' out here who are bi) and yes some of them are in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers was like most American boys who grew up loving and playing the game of football and he eventually became a superstar.

I really don't care one scintilla if Aaron Rodgers, or any football player, is rudy cool.

The Green Bay Packers QB is still better than yours.
But they're still gonna lose to the Niners this weekend.lol
Old 12-31-2013, 07:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I seen someone tweet
Should read: "I saw someone tweet".

Unless you go: "I HAVE seen someone tweet". Or "Have you seen someone....."

Come on America.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These rumors have been around for a few years. There are also rumors about Ted Thompson. It might explain why Rodgers dropped all the way to the Packers.

I don't know, I'm 30 and single and people sometimes assume that I'm *** because of it. That's probably what's going on here. I think he's been linked to women in the past, just nothing that was particularly ongoing.

I don't care either way. I just want him to win another Super Bowl.

Last edited by WCH : 12-31-2013 at 07:41 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers has a ton of pictures of him with a hot girlfriend if you google it.

That said, I would love it if someone of his stature in sports came out. It would be a huge and positive deal.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he's only sort of cool, like our boy Brodie.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I feel slimy for clicking those links.
Reading some of the comments makes me want to murder a kitten.

Quote:
No way Aaron Rodgers is ***. *** people are not the best in sports and Aaron is a Christian
Quote:
Aaron Rodgers is too talented as a quarterback to be ***. This is some ******** I donít believe it. No *** man would be good at football or basketball maybe swimming, male cheerleading, or gymnastics.
I understand why this is a thread... kinda. I can see the idea that having one of the best athletes in all of sports would hopefully pave the way for things to get better in that regard but all we are doing right now is acting like gossip queens.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought Aaron Rodgers was cool in the past, but it'd be pretty cool if he were cool. Finding out that a star like Rodgers was cool would make NFL teams have to finally deal with having cool players, instead of being able to prevent other players rumored to be cool, such as Kerry Rhodes, from finding work.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 12-31-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

I like how gymnastics is a rudy cool sport. Have you seen those guys? They're ripped as hell. I wish I'd signed up for gymnastics when I was a kid.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The filters changing *** to cool is the best thing to ever happen on this website.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The filters changing *** to cool is the best thing to ever happen on this website.
I completely agree. I laughed out loud when I saw this thread's title.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Sometimes I slip up in real life and use "cool" or "rudy cool" as a synonym for ***.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Aaron Rodgers has a ton of pictures of him with a hot girlfriend if you google it.

That said, I would love it if someone of his stature in sports came out. It would be a huge and positive deal.
Julie AndrewsJudy Garland was married to a guy who never bedded her, but who regularly slept with her son-in-law.

If he's Rudy Cool, that's called a "beard."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I never thought Aaron Rodgers was cool in the past, but it'd be pretty cool if he were cool. Finding out that a star like Rodgers was cool would make NFL teams have to finally deal with having cool players, instead of being able to prevent other players rumored to be cool, such as Kerry Rhodes, from finding work.
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I like how gymnastics is a rudy cool sport. Have you seen those guys? They're ripped as hell. I wish I'd signed up for gymnastics when I was a kid.
You've got to meet more cool dudes. A lot of them work out a ton and end up looking all ripped and cut like that. They're a hell of a lot more worried about how their bodies look than a regular schlub like I am.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-31-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Oh, yeah, my college roommate was in the dance program and we mingled with the gymnastics team quite a bit, so I know that male dancers and gymnasts are disproportionately cool (and remarkably athletic).

I just hate when people mock gymnastics as being a "girly" sport, because it immediately tells me that this person has never tried to use their body to do anything athletic. Most of the crap in gymnastics is almost impossible to regular schlubs like us.

Last edited by WCH : 12-31-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Oh, yeah, my college roommate was in the dance program and we mingled with the gymnastics team quite a bit, so I know that male dancers and gymnasts are disproportionately cool (and remarkably athletic).

I just hate when people mock gymnastics as being a "girly" sport, because it immediately tells me that this person has never tried to use their body to do anything athletic. Most of the crap in gymnastics is almost impossible to regular schlubs like us.
Oh, gotcha. Yeah, all that flipping around on the hand-ring thingies? Sheeeeeeit. No girly guy is pulling that off. It's like the people who say that stuff never watched two minutes of the olympics.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gymnastics would be the best sport to get your son in while he is real young (5-10) for him to succeed in sports in HS. People who are going to live through their son need to know that.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care if he's cool or not.

It would make a big story for the NFL though. The media would be all over it. I think it would be big for the sport if he comes out, but at the same time, none of us have any right to tell him if/when he should or shouldn't come out. It's his personal life and if he wants to stay closeted then so be it. He doesn't owe any of us anything.

I know they're just rumors at this point, but if I had to guess I'd say he's cool.

But again, who cares. I hope Clowney is cool and drops to the Giants. It doesn't bother me one bit.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having that said, I really hope he's cool just to see J-Mike's reaction to it.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Having that said, I really hope he's cool just to see J-Mike's reaction to it.
Lol he'd explode.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Lol he'd explode.
That's why I'm hoping he's cool.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Lol he'd explode.
Does he have a strong preference for his QBs to be uncool? Can't remember ever seeing it come up with him.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Does he have a strong preference for his QBs to be uncool? Can't remember ever seeing it come up with him.
*Grabs popcorn*
Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't really care if he's cool or not.

It would make a big story for the NFL though. The media would be all over it. I think it would be big for the sport if he comes out, but at the same time, none of us have any right to tell him if/when he should or shouldn't come out. It's his personal life and if he wants to stay closeted then so be it. He doesn't owe any of us anything.

I know they're just rumors at this point, but if I had to guess I'd say he's cool.

But again, who cares. I hope Clowney is cool and drops to the Giants. It doesn't bother me one bit.
I read an article about a year ago by a cool sports writer (and former NFL player) on the subject of a cool player coming out. He did coincidentally state that he thought Green Bay would be the best city/team for a player to come out in, because it is such a small market and the fans are so obsessed with the team.

I'm sure that he'd heard the Rodgers and Thompson rumors, but I wonder if he actually knows a bit more than he lets on. He did say that he knows of a few players who are openly cool within the locker room (their teammates know) but who aren't open in the public sense.

Last edited by WCH : 12-31-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh my gosh I would love this, would be hilarious. Requisite 'the 9ers really should've drafted him' joke.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote