Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What NFL logos do you like, don't care for, or feel are average?

It's been interesting to see a lot of the NFL logos for the majority of the NFL teams evolve over time. I was in a nice hat store today thinking about which NFL logos looked good, which I thought needed to go, and which ones I had no preference for either way. A lot of people that got into the NFL simply started following teams that they thought had the best logos and/or color scheme. Along with name.

The logos I think look solid:

Chargers, Raiders, Buccaneers, Jaguars

Logos I think are average:

Falcons, Panthers, Bengals, Cowboys, 49ers, Broncos, Packers, Texans, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings, Patriots, Saints, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Redskins

Logos that need an upgrade:

Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Dolphins, Bears, Ravens, Bills, Jets

I just took into account current logos that are most widely used. Not the alternate current logos or the past designs. Houston would be a lot better if they were able to use the Oilers logo agian. And I think Denver was better with the old school "D" design. Miami should never have changed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the Jets have sharp looking uniforms and I'm okay with the logo.

With that said, I wish they wore these jerseys at least once a year.

Also, I think this logo would be nice.

Last edited by TimD : 12-29-2013 at 02:19 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Generally speaking, the only logos I don't particularly like are the Browns, Jaguars and Redskins.

For the Redskins, I always preferred the arrow logo and I really don't know why they don't use that. It looks way better IMO.

As far as the Browns. It's the color orange. You're the "Browns" with orange helmets and a logo that is largely orange. Yeah, that makes total sense.

And as far as the Jaguars, I just don't like it. I don't "hate it" per say, it just, it doesn't look as fearsome as it should IMO.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though the Browns are named after Paul Brown, they have adopted the "Dawg Pound" mantra and should roll with that as a mascot on their helmet. They have a couple of alternate logos with a dog.

And I agree that the Redskins should use the arrow like they did for that one year.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
As far as the Browns. It's the color orange. You're the "Browns" with orange helmets and a logo that is largely orange. Yeah, that makes total sense.
They're name has nothing to do with the color btw.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are some top-notch threads, Ness.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
They're name has nothing to do with the color btw.
I'm aware that the team is named after the founder. Still doesn't explain orange helmets.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stand the Jaguars and Panther's logos. I thought the Jaguars one got marginally better in the offseason but the Panthers one is still awful. I think they need to retool their entire uniform to be honest.

If I had to choose my favorite logos I'd have to say:
Packers: I love the logo, although I hate how the hashmarks interfere with the design at Lambeau.

Bears, 49ers, Cowboys, Saints, Seahawks, Giants, Colts.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:00 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns are classic and there's nothing wrong with them. It'd be stupid and a shame if they added a logo. People wouldn't dislike the uniforms if they were winning.

The Panthers, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans are all just stupid, lazy/arbitrary names for teams in the first place. The Jaguars just have terrible uniforms. They had it right in the late 90s, then ****** it up trying to jump on the black uniform bandwagon. The Texans just have the most bland and uninspired uniforms in the league...fitting for the team with one of the laziest and lame team names (Why didn't they just redux Oilers? Seriously.).

I've always hated the Titans name. Just...dumb (I always hate re-using past names unless it's something like Cleveland getting the new Browns). When they first came out, I just assumed that the first year uniforms were just a prototype and they'd fix it over time, but nothing's changed since the Madden with Eddie George on the cover. It's really awkward when they wear the light blue shirts with dark blue pants. WTF is that?

I don't hate the Redskins logo, but I do think their best look is the circled R with the yellow helmets. That ****'s classy.

Last edited by nepg : 12-29-2013 at 04:04 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'm aware that the team is named after the founder. Still doesn't explain orange helmets.
Because that is the color that Paul Brown picked out. Paul Brown picked Orange because that was the color of the Massillon Tigers were and that is were his 1st coaching gig was and that is where he grew up. That is why the Bengals helmets are also orange because when Cleveland let him go and he ended up with his own franchise he wanted to piss off Cleveland so he copied their helmet color.

Honestly none of the logos wow enough to say I like that all of them are average and there is none that I really dislike either.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 12-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Browns must have an orange then it is better off on helmet. Orange jersey would look terrible. Maybe they can have just orange numbers and names on jersey.

I don't like any helmet with human being posture/face on. Patriots are an exception for an historically obvious reason.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Browns are classic and there's nothing wrong with them. It'd be stupid and a shame if they added a logo. People wouldn't dislike the uniforms if they were winning.

The Panthers, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans are all just stupid, lazy/arbitrary names for teams in the first place. The Jaguars just have terrible uniforms. They had it right in the late 90s, then ****** it up trying to jump on the black uniform bandwagon. The Texans just have the most bland and uninspired uniforms in the league...fitting for the team with one of the laziest and lame team names (Why didn't they just redux Oilers? Seriously.).

I've always hated the Titans name. Just...dumb (I always hate re-using past names unless it's something like Cleveland getting the new Browns). When they first came out, I just assumed that the first year uniforms were just a prototype and they'd fix it over time, but nothing's changed since the Madden with Eddie George on the cover. It's really awkward when they wear the light blue shirts with dark blue pants. WTF is that?

I don't hate the Redskins logo, but I do think their best look is the circled R with the yellow helmets. That ****'s classy.
I'm not sure how the Titans name is "lazy" as it does have some meaning and relevance to Nashville, but if you say so.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Even though the Browns are named after Paul Brown, they have adopted the "Dawg Pound" mantra and should roll with that as a mascot on their helmet. They have a couple of alternate logos with a dog.
No, dude. The Browns uniform is wonderfully simple and is not to be ****** with.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think the Bengals should get rid of the B logo or use it as their secondary. Their logo of the actual Bengal tiger head is a lot better.

Even though the raiders logo is a classic I wouldn't mind to see someone attempt to make it a little more modern and add definition to it since its pretty flat.

As for logos that I really like.. The Bucs, Panthers, Ravens and Jaguars (only if their helmets weren't a gradient).

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills. Love the Bills
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Im more into old school look. Not like the steelers prison jerseys or anything like that. Browns, Cards, Fins, Bills, Bears, Packers, Jets Im fine with.

I wish the Pats would go back to there red white and blue jerseys and helmet with the Patriot guy. I think those look so much better.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
No, dude. The Browns uniform is wonderfully simple and is not to be ****** with.
I'm all for tradition. So I can see your point. They could maybe use a logo on their helmet as an alternate.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Panthers, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans are all just stupid, lazy/arbitrary names for teams in the first place.
Wait, what? Almost all NFL franchise names are entirely arbitrary.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I personally think the Bengals should get rid of the B logo or use it as their secondary. Their logo of the actual Bengal tiger head is a lot better.

I agree with this. One of my pet peeves in sports is when a school/organization uses the first letter of their nickname rather than the first letter of their city or town. I don't get it. Bears have the C, Packers have the G, 49ers have SF, Chiefs have the KC, Giants have the NY. The Bengals are the only team I can think of that uses the first letter of their nickname as a logo.

Like you said, the tiger is a better option than the B. A helmet logo would be a better 50 yardline logo than the B.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I agree with this. One of my pet peeves in sports is when a school/organization uses the first letter of their nickname rather than the first letter of their city or town. I don't get it. Bears have the C, Packers have the G, 49ers have SF, Chiefs have the KC, Giants have the NY. The Bengals are the only team I can think of that uses the first letter of their nickname as a logo.

Like you said, the tiger is a better option than the B. A helmet logo would be a better 50 yardline logo than the B.
Agree with this. If teams use a letter as a logo, it should be the city they play in. Also, sports teams should always have the city on their away uniforms and the team name/logo on home uniforms.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns should put their helmet logo on their helmet. And then their helmet logo on the helmet in their logo. Never-ending helmets.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
These are some top-notch threads, Ness.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind a slightly more updated lightning bolt in all honesty, it is definitely a throwback logo.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I wouldn't mind a slightly more updated lightning bolt in all honesty, it is definitely a throwback logo.
I think it looks cool.

And I saw someone rocking this earlier today. Fresh.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ew bronco orange! no!

and it does look cool but definitely retro.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote